Another Mirena story thread

I used tampons with mine in the beginning when I was spotting. No issues at all.

The only side effect I *think* is related to the Mirena is itching. I get super itchy now for no reason.

Other than that, I have no real issues. I just randomly check the strings a few times a month and that's it.

LOVE THIS BIRTH CONTROL

I have had my mirena in for almost two months now and I love it so far. I had it put in at 9 weeks PP and had quite a bit of cramping and spotted for a couple weeks but other than that so far so good.

Update* I had mine removed because *i think* it caused hyper pigmentation spots over my lip. Almost looked like a mustache but no hair... Embarrassing. I started treating it and its going away!

Still nothing to report. Had light spotting a week ago but that's it. Strings still there. No side effects. Still happy.

Had a very light period that lasted for about a week. So light that it didn't require tampons or pads. Just a panty liner.

Other than that. Nothing to report.

:hi: again. I had a couple of questions. Sorry if this was already answered before.

I am getting a Mirena fitted on the 19th of this month. What was the fitting process like? Was it painful? How did it compare to the actual insertion?
Did you have to get your fitting and the insertion done in separate sessions? Thats what I have to do and im wondering, how long was it (in days) between the fitting and the insertion, if you had to?

I have had my mirena in for almost two months now and I love it so far. I had it put in at 9 weeks PP and had quite a bit of cramping and spotted for a couple weeks but other than that so far so good.

I see in your ticker that you are a BFing mom, did you notice a drop in supply at all after getting the Mirena inserted? I BF too, so i was just wondering. I def dont want anything to happen to my supply bc its chronically low to begin with (I have insufficient glandular tissue, so its not a hormonal imbalance, its a physical deformity that makes it physically impossible to have a good supply)

I got Mirena in april of this year. The first 4.5 months I bled and spotted which was to be expected, but then my life just started to fall apart from there. I started noticing I had NO libido (don't even want DH to touch me most of the time :( ). I also have pms like mood swings ALL the time, anxiety, brain fog and forgetfulness, insomnia, headaches (never in my life have I had issues with sleeping or headaches), breast pain and tenderness, itchy skin, and my eczma that I had as a kid returned with a vengence. I just feel empty a lot of the time, and I am not my self :(. DH and I have been together for 14 years and have always been super close. He says he wants his wife back. I have an appointment on the 19th to get this thing out of me. I know you guys seem to like it, but it obviously doesn't agree with my body. I don't know why I ever thought it would, because I have never really done well with hormonal birth controls. But my doctor told me it would act more locally on the uterus. I can't wait toget this out!

The only conclusion I can make about the people that have the horrible side effects from the Mirena is they must have had the same issues with birth control pills, as the pills were affecting your entire body at once.

Here is a good article:

https://gynogab.blogspot.com/2010/01/mirena-iud-and-your-sex-drive.html

I've never had an issue with BC and do not have an issue 7 months into the Mirena.

In other news, light light light light period. No need for a panty liner or what not even.

Still have lots of sex and still get quite turned on. In fact sex is better since there is no worry about pregnancy :)

Well, about to start the new year with this thing in me and well... I'm still super happy I chose this as a birth control method!!!

I still have PMS symptoms but other than LIGHT periods (like no tampons or pads) I haven't really had to deal with it.

All good here!

I was hoping to find out the average bleed time after having the mirena put in. I honestly can't remember how long I've had mine in, but I would say more than a month and less than two probably. So far.....not really fond of it. Insertion was a tiny bit painful. Had some low back pain, but not too bad. Have been bleeding ever since. For my hubby it grosses him out so I haven't had sex in a while. Didn't even get birthday sex this year. I guess I'm just hoping things get better soon or I too will have this thing removed.

You HAVE to stick it out and not be letdown by the bleeding. Read back and you will see I bled for 3-4 months straight of just spotting. Then it was irregular for a nother month or so. It has FINALLY stopped altogether and is now on a regular period type schedule.

It takes the body a good while to adjust.

Hi there, still considering the Mirena to help w an estrogen dominance/progesterone deficiency and endometriosis. DH is get sterilized in about a month but I feel the Mirena can help w my horrible periods.

Just wanted to know how u are getting along w yours and ur current view on it
Thanks for posting this! It's been helpful. Would love to hear an update

Have had it for over a year now and I still love this thing. I do have regular periods at the end of every month. Nothing heavy and need 1 pantyliner a day to take care of the spots.

Other than that, very happy with it. Have lost 20lbs since it has been inserted so no worries about weight loss or gain. No hair loss as I've read elsewhere. Mood swings are the same as before I had it put in with PMS.

Happy with it!

Thanks for the update! It's all very reassuring!

You've inspired me to create a similar thread once i finally get mine!

I am thinking of having my mirena taken out because I want another baby, but just realized that my hair has been coming out quite a bit. I have also been wondering how common low progesterone is after mirena. I never had problems when I was on the pills, so I'm hoping no issues after I have the mirena out, but would still like some facts if anyone has come across some.

You've inspired me to create a similar thread once i finally get mine!

As I said a while back, here is my new thread for my IUD experience. I just got mine inserted yesterday. For anyone interested:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...my-so-far-positive-mirena-iud-experience.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->