Another newbie

Poorah

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been browsing the baby and bump forum throughout my pregnancy but never got around to actually joining. I gave birth to the most fabulously grumpy little girl on 6th May due to pre-eclampsia at 30w+3 and little Martha weighed a measly 1150g / 2lbs 9oz.

We had a stint in NICU were she was ventilated/CPAP'd for a bit but thankfully just shy of two weeks old, she was breathing all by herself and is now in SCBU generally concentrating on getting bigger and practicing breastfeeding. Little Martha has been keeping the SCBU staff entertained as she is fully able to roll over and squirm from one side of the incubator to the other. This confuses the bejesus out of the nurses as they are never sure if she has been moved, or has moved herself!

As for me, my pre-eclampsia seems to have resolved and my bp has normalised again thank goodness. Emotionally, I'm a bit all over the place, but I'm sure things will settle in time.

Anyways, hope to get to know you and your little ones a little better over the coming weeks

Julie x

Good morning and congratulations! Sounds like she is doing great :)

Congratulations on ur lil girl, she sounds like she is doing fantastically!! My lil boy was born march 9th at 27 +4weeks, he made it to his due date yesterday xxx welcome to the group, all the ladies are fab and have some stories to tell xxx

Hello and congratulations :)

Sounds like Martha is doing really well. I too had pre eclampsia, and Sophie was born in March 2010 at 27 weeks exactly, weighing 1lb 13oz. She spent 7 weeks in NICU, 3 weeks in HDU and 2 weeks in SCBU and came home 6 days before her due date. She was on CPAP for 10 weeks so Martha is doing brilliantly!

Sophie used to do all that wriggling and rolling as well - it used to really make us laugh and confused the nurses! She got 3 ASBOs when she was in, for pulling her tubes out etc :haha:

I'm glad you're doing ok too, pre eclampsia is horrible. There's a lot to get your head round when you have a premature baby, so make sure you take care of yourself too. You will feel all over the place emotionally but if you need to talk to anyone, just pm me. I really struggled emotionally but feel much better now.

xxx

Hi congratulations Martha sounds like she is doing really well.

Good luck with the breastfeeding xx

congrats hunn !

My preemie ( due Pre E too ) is only 5 days older than yours ;)

Yasmin also was in the cpap but for 9 days or so... I use to worry sooo much when she is comming home, but it really gets better with time !
Now that I don´t think about it anymore the hospital just called me saying that she will be comming home next week is she doesn´t have any spells ( I never felt sooo happy in my entire life )
So I promise you that wont take too long to your little one come home too...
feeding issues is the last step ! So u re pretty close hunn !

I wish u the best ! if u need anything we ll be around, these ladies are wonderful too!

*hugs*

Welcome and huge congratualtions. Your little girlie sounds like she's doing amazingly. Glad you are better too. Looking forward to chatting with you. The girls here are fab. xx

Congratulations. Glad to hear you are both doing so well. x

Hi, congrats on your lil lady, she sounds like a right character, definitely keeping the nurses on their toes! It also sounds like she's doing fantastic, and I'm glad you're improving too :)

ooh congratulations on the birth of your little girl! And welcome - please feel free to ask any questions you have, us crazy ladies have all been on that rollercoaster so we understand the mixed emotions. I remember just not knowing what to do with myself I was all over the place :wacko:

Martha is a pretty name! And yes that`s a very short time on CPAP for one so small! My guy took months to get off it, so that`s pretty impressive :thumbup:

Oh and may 6th - that`s my DH`s birthday, and my son is may 9th! A good month :haha:

:hugs:

aww many congratulations Martha what a gorgeous name
I had my little girl Lexie at 33+4 she weighed 5lb 4oz
I went into Spontaneous labour no body knew why (and still dont know)
Lexie stayed in SCBU for 3 weeks she need no help with breathing she just suffered with the classic preemie thing of Apnea
She was tube fed for the first fortnight then she was transferred to a cot and I attempted to breastfeed her but she couldnt latch on properly
I invested in MODELA nipple shields and she never looked back
She is now a happy, healthy 11 1/2 month old eating solids, learning to walk and knows exactly waht she wants when she wants it
Good Luck xxx

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

She's still in SCBU and we're now in a routine of once a day taking her out of the incubator for a go at breastfeeding and a cuddle. She's been quite slow to put weight back on, so I suspect this will be our routine for a while to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->