another poo question?

summer rain

Mum of 5
Reaction score
My LO is EBF but was given formula in SCBU as a one off, he had quite a bad reaction to it in that he didn't poo for over 36 hours when normally he would go at least 3 times a day at that stage and when he did poo it was green and had mucus and red streaks in which I think were blood. After being discharged I noticed about 3-4 hours after me having dairy he'd have the same type of poo, but if I didn't have dairy for a few days it would go back to normal, so I decided to eliminate all dairy, especially considering how serious dairy allergies run in the family. After all the dairy got out of his system he was pooing anything from 4-12 times a day but it was quite thick in texture, yellow and not unpleasent smelling. He was getting a sore bum just from the frequency as anyone would, but I tried lansinoh on it as nappy rash creams seemed to dry it out too much, and it was almost all better. Then two days ago I accidentally ate a bit of an ice lolly without realising one of the main ingredients was skimmed milk powder, such a dufus :dohh:, I thought we got away with it as the only thing that seemed to happen was yesterday got a couple of bits of bright green poo that looked like pieces of spinach, mixed in with his usual poo. But then this afternoon and evening he has been doing silent but very runny poos that are just leaking out, his poos are usually accompanied by some very loud windy sounds, and by runny I mean almost completely watery, they are the usual yellow colour (when soaked into the nappy) and smell but they have gave him a worse sore bum in a few hours than he was getting in a week of going very often. I am presuming its the dairy and not a bug as hes otherwise completely fine. Do you think this will get out of his system quickly?

Should be out if his system in about 72h :hugs:

thanx hun, its still quite runny 72 hours later but seems to gradually be easing off x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->