Another snow day - YIPPEE!!

Rags

Mother of 1 boy
Reaction score
I'm so delighted with the snow!

Ds has been off school ill since last week and was up ready to go back to school on Wednesday only to have the school closed because of snow - I was soooo delighted because he's well enough to be out enjoying the fun:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now the local authority have decided to keep the schools closed for the rest of the week - better and better.

I wish I could be so pleased :rofl:

Even better my work have just cancelled for today and this weekend!

We have not had one snow day ! Enjoy it while it lasts !

Enjoy the snow! :xmas8: Ours is starting to melt now, thank goodness! :laugh2:

We were out with the neighbours yesterday digging a path through our street out to the main road so that cars could begin to move - it was good fun. Our local authority have asked for people to come out on mass tomorrow to help clear paths and entrances to all the local schools in the hope that they'll get back on Monday. Ours isn't to bad, it's only a small school and the snow ploughs have already done most of it.

All back to normal on Monday, but it was lovely while it lasted. Ds is in primary 3 and we've not had a snow day in the past 10 years, if that happens again he'll be leaving school by the time the next one is due!!

That was kind of you. It's lovely when the local community comes together like that :)
PHP:

We are in Canada so the snow isn't new for us, but we got so much in the last two days it bent our plow when my husband was clearing our road!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 12
We are in Canada so the snow isn't new for us, but we got so much in the last two days it bent our plow when my husband was clearing our road!

I'm in central Scotland. I'd love us to get it often enough to be used to it or to justify the cost of clear up equipment other than a shovel, but I'm happy to make the most of it when we do get it. We tend to have a reasonable covering each year, enough to have a few days sledging and snow ball fights etc, this has been good fun - far more the way I remember it when I was a child.

In would love for my girls to expierence snow like that Jess! They would be over joyed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->