Another update on the BFN BFP Saga!

minime2009

Reaction score
Got a call from docs yesterday who confirmed the urine sample was :bfn:. I asked why I had got 5 :bfp: on home pregnancy tests mixed in with :bfn: and she doesnt know.

(Now I don;t mean to be horrible but I don't have a lot of faith in this particular doctor. She was quite young and inexperienced and any questions I asked she had to refer to someone else or check a book. Given the strange results I have been getting I would kind have hoped for someone experienced but ho hum not her fault and everyone has to learn.)

She spoke to another doc who told me to drop in another sample, which I did this morning. From this sample I also took a further two tests, a Superdrug and Asda own brand and they were both :bfn: so am guessing it will be another negative from doctors also.

I asked her if they can take my bloods to confirm either way so I can just get on with everything and was told no! Just another urine.

Please don't get me wrong, if I knew 100% it was :bfn: I would deal with it and move on. I have only been trying a few months so not like I have been trying for years etc. although would love it to be positive.

Soooo, am just going to continue as if I never received 5 positives and put it down to some strange fact of life. They also have no idea why I have missed two periods so that is also a massive worry to me now.

I have ordered IC OPKs and preg tests so they should be at home today and I will start trying to work out my OV days.

I have been in tears and constant lump in my throat since yesterday afternoon - this week has been an nightmare!!

Am out this weekend and hope to have some wine - am now panicking in case I am pregnant and I start drinking again!!

Sorry for long post. My poor husband doesnt have a clue what to do or say either and I don't want to tell my friends as I didn't want everyone know I was trying and asking questions every month. Just wish someone would help me figure out what is going on :cry:

Thanks for everyones replies they have been great :hug:
xxx

Oh, and in relation to my cystitis/water infection thing that started last week, apparently my doc has had my on the wrong anti biotics hence why it hasn't cleared!! lol

How very frustrating for you sweety.

I am sorry I dont have any answers and just wanted to give you this

:hug:

How very frustrating for you sweety.

I am sorry I dont have any answers and just wanted to give you this

:hug:

Thanks hun, I can't believe a virtual hug has me nearly crying again lol. What is going on with me!!

You poor thing!! you must be going through hell not knowing for sure either way. I hope you get some answers very soon :hugs:

Oh god hun, just been reading your threads. Cant be right that hpt looks soooooo positive. Did you show the gp the tests? I agree you need a blood test. fxxxxxxxxx

Just read your little bit at the bottom. Im sure I remember reading somewhere once that infections can give a positive but it wouldnt look like yours. I will try and find something on it. Im sure you would rather know now. x

Found it, hpe this helps hun

https://www.webanswers.com/health/c...-change-results-of-home-pregnancy-test-0798d0

Found it, hpe this helps hun

https://www.webanswers.com/health/c...-change-results-of-home-pregnancy-test-0798d0

Thats great thanks hun :hugs: The poster said her infection delayed her positive which is quite helpful. Both the people that replied though gave different answers :rofl:

Oh god hun, just been reading your threads. Cant be right that hpt looks soooooo positive. Did you show the gp the tests? I agree you need a blood test. fxxxxxxxxx

Just read your little bit at the bottom. Im sure I remember reading somewhere once that infections can give a positive but it wouldnt look like yours. I will try and find something on it. Im sure you would rather know now. x

Ill try and do some more research on that too as hadn't heard that before. Also haven't had a period since 1st April :-(

l no this is no help or consulation but l had a bladder infection

with my pregnancies and a couple of :bfn: BEFORE :bfp:....and they were

mixed up like yours....

dont loose hope...:hugs:

Aww hon I'm sorry :hugs: You must be going out of your mind with confusion.
I really hope you find out for sure either way soon though :hugs: xxxxxx

Hi!

I am so sorry you are going through all this. You must be so confused. One point to mention, is that the urine test that they do at the doctor's surgery is not a very strong one (a blood test is so much better) and that a lot of the tests that are sold on the market are much better at picking up a BFP early on. The doctors even admit this and say that if you have a BFP on a home test, they often don't need to confirm it with a urine test as the home tests are so good.

As for what you have been going through, I am not sure. How far away from your period are you? One thought is that it could unfortunately be a chemical pregnancy - where the egg fertilises (hence a light BFP) but doesn't embed properly, therefore the pregnancy does not continue (hence BFPs getting lighter or getting BFPs followed by BFNs). When I had a chemical pregnancy back in November 2007, I had a couple of light BFPs (including 'pregnant' on CB digital), the BFPs started to get lighter on subsequent tests and a few days later, I started getting negative ones which freaked me out - however, on some more sensitive tests I was still getting BFPs which confused me. When I went to the doctors to get a blood test, I got a 48 hcg, which is low but showed that I had been pregnant but it hadn't developed.

I don't know if this is what has happened to you and don't want to worry you, but certainly if you are still worried, I would try to phone up again about a blood test to see.

I hope things work out for you.

xxx

mixed up like yours....

Really? That's very interesting I really haven't heard of this thanks for letting me know. :hugs:

Do you know if it was due to the infection that your results were mixed up?

feeling, slightly calmer this afternoon. Was getting myself in a bit of a state this morning.

My OV tests arrived this morning so am going to use those every day and see if im ovulating at all - try and do something useful myself!!

Hi!

I am so sorry you are going through all this. You must be so confused. One point to mention, is that the urine test that they do at the doctor's surgery is not a very strong one (a blood test is so much better) and that a lot of the tests that are sold on the market are much better at picking up a BFP early on. The doctors even admit this and say that if you have a BFP on a home test, they often don't need to confirm it with a urine test as the home tests are so good.

As for what you have been going through, I am not sure. How far away from your period are you? One thought is that it could unfortunately be a chemical pregnancy - where the egg fertilises (hence a light BFP) but doesn't embed properly, therefore the pregnancy does not continue (hence BFPs getting lighter or getting BFPs followed by BFNs). When I had a chemical pregnancy back in November 2007, I had a couple of light BFPs (including 'pregnant' on CB digital), the BFPs started to get lighter on subsequent tests and a few days later, I started getting negative ones which freaked me out - however, on some more sensitive tests I was still getting BFPs which confused me. When I went to the doctors to get a blood test, I got a 48 hcg, which is low but showed that I had been pregnant but it hadn't developed.

I don't know if this is what has happened to you and don't want to worry you, but certainly if you are still worried, I would try to phone up again about a blood test to see.

xxx

Hi there thanks for your reply :hug:

Someone suggested a few days back about a chemical pregnancy however I got a very very strong BFP on Saturday. I posted a pic of this in my last thread if you fancy a nosy? Apparently as it has been going on for over a week now it would be clear whether it was a chemical or not?

Did get my period in May at all. if it was just a natural missed one, my next period would have been due on Saturday gone.

Just got aload of IC HPTs in the post today so will try one of those in the am lol

mixed up like yours....

Really? That's very interesting I really haven't heard of this thanks for letting me know. :hugs:

feeling, slightly calmer this afternoon. Was getting myself in a bit of a state this morning.

My OV tests arrived this morning so am going to use those every day and see if im ovulating at all - try and do something useful myself!!

well the doctors thought it could have been the infection so l suppose they were right for once..

good luck hope it all works out for you...

oh you poor think ,you most be going mad with all this, just a thought but have you got an epau near you, i had some problems in december( long story ) and my dr was hopeless and just said wait and see for a few months lol, hich was obv no good, so i rang the epau nd explained and they were very sympathetic and booked me in for an early scan to see if they could see what was going on.
might be a long shot but worth a go ,explain whats happened(lay it on thick about how upset you are)and that you really need to know whats going on x

good luck hun x

mixed up like yours....

well the doctors thought it could have been the infection so l suppose they were right for once..

My docs have suggested nothing of the sort unfortunately lol. I'll try and hangy fire :)

Were you pregnant then in your case?

mixed up like yours....

My docs have suggested nothing of the sort unfortunately lol. I'll try and hangy fire :)

Were you pregnant then in your case?

yep l sure was.x

Hi!

xxx

Someone suggested a few days back about a chemical pregnancy however I got a very very strong BFP on Saturday. I posted a pic of this in my last thread if you fancy a nosy? Apparently as it has been going on for over a week now it would be clear whether it was a chemical or not?

Did get my period in May at all. if it was just a natural missed one, my next period would have been due on Saturday gone.

Just got aload of IC HPTs in the post today so will try one of those in the am lol

Yeah, that does sound weird and not like a chemical pregnancy. Possibly the theory about the bladder infection is right and that you will start to get stronger BFPs soon. I would speak to your doctor about getting bloods done anyway for piece of mind.

I hope you get your strong BFP soon and that things work out well for you.

xxx

Hi!

xxx

Yeah, that does sound weird and not like a chemical pregnancy. Possibly the theory about the bladder infection is right and that you will start to get stronger BFPs soon. I would speak to your doctor about getting bloods done anyway for piece of mind.

I hope you get your strong BFP soon and that things work out well for you.

xxx

Thanks hun. I think what is also confusing the issue is that ALL my BFPs have been very strong but then some days completely negative. Not even a faint line on those days!!

Asked docs this morning if they would do a blood test and they said no :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->