....another update

mtnprotracy

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I went for my 28 week check yesterday. Baby Ben is a big boy.....just over 3 pounds. We could even see his sweet, fat checks on the ultrasound :happydance:.

Urine and blood pressure checks were great.

Doctor really "indulged" me and let me set my c-section date for April 19th. If Ben cooperates, all our children will be born on the 19th (oldest was born Feb. 19th, the other 2 share a birthday on March 19th). I joked and said when I'm old and senile, maybe I can still remember their birthdays :blush:.

I did get a phone call this afternoon that I had not passed my glucose tolerance test :wacko:. So, I have to go back for that blasted 3 hour test. I really think the results will be ok. I wasn't very smart. I ate pop-tarts for breakfast and 1/3 bag of jelly beans on the way there :blush:. I hope to go in next week and get better results.

Take care,

Tracu

Aww I was happy to read the update until the last paragraph! But methinks pop tarts, jelly beans, and the glucose drink just don't mix very well lol. Im sorry you have to go back for the dreaded 3 hr test and hopefully all will be well. Best of luck and keep us posted!

Glad to know that you are doing well ;-) That's great that Dr agree to do C-section on the day you wanted! I've done glucose test before, it is not nice, but hey it is all for your little darlin' :) I went to my another scan yesterday too, it was so nice to see him moving and all. I'm in love with him now :)
Take care and keep us updated!

LOL, bad Tracey! When I took the glucose test, the bottle of stuff clearly states on it what you can eat for breakfast. And those are the ONLY things you can eat...tsk, tsk :winkwink:

Glad your apt went well though. Cool you got the date you wanted. Easy to remember if all your kids are on the 19th. lol

Good news on the section date and that perfect wee baby of yours! I wasn't allowed to eat at all before my GTT but then I passed mine! :p xxx

I wasn't allowed to eat at all eith before the GTT.. but I also passed.

I was also told that baby was about 3lbs:dohh: at my 28 week.. which scares me because Emily was 10lbs..and I have heard boys tend to be bigger:dohh:

Yes they do. Both of my boys were 10 lbs 10 ozs. I haven't had to do a GTT yet, and I hope I won't have to. I had plenty of them with my first two pregnancies!

I was recommended to take GTT this time too. Yes I've done it all three previous pregnancies. All my babies were 9 lbs+ at birth. Both my dh and myself were 9+ babies too ;-) I said to my Dr that it is genetic, so I'm skipping this time around ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->