Another weight thread (sorry ladies)

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
So I'm sat here alone as oh at work and my mind is doin flips from sums working out how much Il gain by end of pregnancy!

I'm the total opposite I was when having dd n I only gained about 2.5 stone n lost bout 1.5 stone when got pregnant again then lost a further stone in first tri to ms!

Anyway upto now iv only gained 3lb from Pre preg weight and I am massive bump wise but I can't help but feel sick from thought of more weight! I'm within healthy range as I'm tall and I no myself I look better than I have for a long time but the weight thing is really getting to me!

I still get ms and nausea quite a lot and feel sick when I start eating as well as horrendous heartburn so I'm not eating much so I can't comprehend how iv started gaining!

I no I need to think of baby but somethin inside me makes me gag when I make somethin to eat then look at it n think I'm gona be fat!!!

I never eat 3 meals I have cereal for breakfast n always feel sick after it so don't really eat lunch n dinner is a tiny bowl of food that I pick at!

Help! How can I tell myself gaining a stone might not be too bad???

Try 5 small meals a day, and stay active, You need to eat for the sake of your baby. I'm just thinking about what I can do to lose the weight after not how I can keep it off now - it's no good for either of you... x

I hope this isn't too intrusive... but if, at 27 weeks, you're having anxiety over 3 lbs gained, then probably seeking some counseling is a wise idea. Particularly if it's causing you to not eat. I don't like when women get all judgmental about gals who try to stay healthy and watch their weight gain during pregnancy...but from your description it sounds like:

1.) It's over-the-top and beginning to get in the way of your life and a healthy pregancy
and
2.) You know it. Or you wouldn't have posted it...

So... I hear you. Weight gain is stressful, and the unknown of pregnancy changes can cause anyone lots of anxiety. :hugs: but it may be time to seek out resources available to you to help you handle the mental aspect of pregnancy. Good luck,and everyone here is on here for support!

Thanks ladies! Im gona keep a food diary which I hope makes me realise! x

Ah hun us girls are never happy I posted a thread worried I wasn't putting on enough weight now I've put on 3 stone (24lbs babies, placentas etc & the rest is more than likely water retention-I live in hope!) Again I was very cautious of eating and drinking the right things but it has to be balanced out the mummy voice will shout louder if you let it, you don't want to harm your baby hence you are prepared to do something about it and that's always the best place to start. Build up gradually, snack lots too as it seems less daunting. I aim to eat something every two hours as a guide. Good luck x

If u suffer from MS they say to eat 5 small meals a day. We should all expect to gain weight I hate it when people moan about putting weight on and i always think what do u expect u are growing a baby. Try eat plenty of fruit and maybe soft foods like soap mash potato etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->