Anovulation ?....

mimdan

Mum of two
Reaction score
HI

I have pcos and I'm currently on CD38 :growlmad: 18dpo today and am starting to wonder if I've actually ovlated this cycle

I was just wondering about anovulation and hoping you ladies could help me understand something....I know that our bodys can gear up for O and fail, just because of ewcm and positive OPKS doesn't guarantee OV and I know the best way to confirm OV is to temp, but i dont want to do that at the moment as I'm TRYING to relax and Iet things happen when they happen, anyway sorry to go on, my question is, is ovulation cramps more a reliable sign of OV ? Whats confusing me is if you can feel ovulation pain then surely it happend ? Only I felt OV pain this cycle, for me its more of a sharp stabbing pain than dull cramps but I'm wondering why my AF is still not here, I've been testing and BFNS...is it possible I could be anywhere in my cycle ? I hate the not knowing because I dont know to be hopefull or tell myself I'm completely out ????

sorry this is so long but from one fustrated lady to a bunch of others, what the hell is going on :(

Thanx

Typically when you're 18dpo you should no doubt get a bfp if you're pregnant. Otherwise it usually means you aren't. Is it possible you're less than 18dpo? I havehad annovulatory cycles before...just once or twice but af still showed up on time. I know you said you don't wanna chart but really that IS the best way of knowing. Maybe wait a couple days and test again..? Or call dr and they can do bloodwork (sometimes hcg develops slower in some women). Also, I don't really get O pains...hardly ever. If anything all I get is lots of bloating. For me, at least, bbt is the way to go ( I even temp when not actively ttc just because I like to know my cycles)

Anyways, hope you get this sorted out...maybe a bfp before the holidays are over :) GL to you! Dust

TBH there are NO guarantees with ovulation, unless you temp. I found temping helped me relax, because those were a surety and I knew that they would map out my cycle and therefore i wasnt obsessing over O

I opk for this cycle because we are hardcore ttcing this cycle in the same way we did when we got our daughter. xx

Hi there. I often have anovulatory cycles. So frustrating! O pains probably mean that your ovary is trying to ovulate but I still don't think it's a guarantee of ovulation. It could be that you feel the follicle growing or starting to rupture but it could turn into a cyst rather than releasing an egg. You can have your doctor run progesterone tests to see if you ovulated on the prior cycle but those can be hard to time if your cycles are very irregular. Your other option would be to ask for an ultrasound where they can actually look at your ovaries and see if there is a recently ruptured follicle. By the way, my cycle length is the same if I ovulate or not.
Good luck!! :)

I agree with low blow, I always have 31 day cycles but this time I didn't ovulate until CD29 and the only reason I know is cos this month iv tracked my bbt currently CD 39 and temps still high, I'd have totally missed it iv I'd not tracked

I too am going through a similiar thing this month... I tmep and use opks (see chart in sig) but I havnt ovd yet...my cycles are normally 35days, ov cd23. This is my first month off the bc pill and I had surgery on cd11 and therefore on strong meds for nearly two weeks,so I understand if Ov is going to be delayed...but Ive had ewcm for ages now (not much mind, but its clear and stretchy) and i had ov pains last week, and af cramps a couple of days ago :shrug: no positive opk. And no temp rise to show ovulation... I just want something to happen, i feel like im in limbo:nope: fingers crossed af comes on cd35 then :dohh: xx

Thanx very much for your replies !

I do agree that temping would probably be better for me if I want to know whats going on with my body especially the cycles when my AF is late ! Which btw she still hasnt made an appearance :( still bfns too, so i think its safe to say I'm not pg.

As its only my second cycle after a break (during which my periods were more regular !) I think I'm still going to wait and see how the next few cycles go hopefully if I can relax better than I have done then she'll behave herself as I believe stress is a big part of the delay with me atleast it seems that way, but if the next 2/3 cycles are as long as this one then I will defo temp and visit the doc for a few more blood tests.

Also to the last poster I'm currently taking vitex lol so fingers crossed :)

Again thank you very much for your replies :flower:

I wish us all luck

good luck hunny! :thumbup:... Can i ask you something? When you dont ov, do you still get all the pre-ov symptoms? I pretty sure ov is finally coming for me as my ewcm has come into full force along with some cramps so fingers crossed... Would definitely recommend temping :thumbup: xx

Yep. Your body can gear up and fail over and over but your body will produce O symptoms x

Well I can really only go by this cycle as this cycle I've been more aware of whats going on physically and around the time of "O" I experiend backache, ewcm, very strong heavy AF cramps for about 30 mins 2 days AFTER and a few little twinges which I prob would have missed if I wasnt paying such close attention, also felt some shooting pains in bbs...all that went on for about a week, it all stopped and since I've had sore nipples since monday more so at night although they have started to calm down now too lol...such a crazy cycle !!

Let me know how you get on please hun :) good luck xx

Just a little side note, I've been less stressed yesterday and today and thats because I've not been spending so much time obsessing over this site lol :blush: How silly am I :blush:

Oh, also something that was very odd to me "symptom" wise was what I can only describe as a burning sensation that came and went about 3 times in one minute in my uterus, wasnt particually strong but enough to notice that was last week and not felt it since lol :wacko:

thank hun :flower:
I am glad you are feeling less stressed, it is amazing really what we put ourselves through isnt it really? I dont feel particulary stressed but I know that physically my body has experienced stress what with the op etc...but i feel back to normal now 100%, back to work next week :dohh: your symptoms sound similar to mine, with the boobs etc. i have just done an opk and have a faint line so hopefully a positive is on its way :thumbup: will let you know :) xx

Yea definately..I can only speak for myself but peeing on sticks, obsessing on this site/internet and symptom spotting can make ttc more stressful than it should be lol and not forgetting the stupid pcos :haha:

Well I hope all your symptoms and your line on the opk means OV is on its way :) would be lovely to keep in touch :)

As for me I'll just keep :coffee: until the witch gets here :)

Btw, your Daughter is GORGEOUS..bless her :)

aww thank you, she's 2 now, our little miracle bubba (hubby had a vasectomy reversal and we were told that it wouldnt happen for us as the post-op sperm results were extremely low...but unbeknown to me, I was pregnant when they gave us those results) :dance: it only takes one! :thumbup: lol how old are your two? I've just this min done another opk and it is soooo near a positive, im going to put a piccy on my journal (see pink link below if you fancy a nosey) see what you think :thumbup: xxx

Hi Mimdan. I have been very irregular since coming off the pill. I stopped it in May- had a period in July and then nothing until 2nd Nov. I know that bleed was anovulatory as well as my progesterone was only 19. :( I felt OV pains every other week and kept getting positive OPK's- ended up having an ultrasound and I have cycts on my R ovary- the side I kept getting the pains on. I have started temping since 2nd Nov and am on Vitex but still no sign of ovulation happening. Am booked into fertility clinic on 2nd Jan, cos of my age. Good luck x

aww thank you, she's 2 now, our little miracle bubba (hubby had a vasectomy reversal and we were told that it wouldnt happen for us as the post-op sperm results were extremely low...but unbeknown to me, I was pregnant when they gave us those results) :dance: it only takes one! :thumbup: lol how old are your two? I've just this min done another opk and it is soooo near a positive, im going to put a piccy on my journal (see pink link below if you fancy a nosey) see what you think :thumbup: xxx

Oh how lovely your story is !! From going from being so disheartened to overjoyed...perfect :hugs: Just goes to show that even the all knowing doctors words can sometimes be wrong, storys like yours gives other women hope :thumbup:

My Daughters are 6 and 7, my oldest is 8 in March...and they too are my little miracles, I was about 20 when I was told I had pcos so I didnt think I'd ever be able to have children or at the very best knew it would be difficult but I was wrong, I think it took 4/5 months for me to fall pregnant with my first then exactly 6 months later I fell pregnant again :) just hoping it doesnt take to long now I'm older (32) but I'm staying hopeful it wont as since having children my periods have been fairly regular with the odd wacky cycle so again hopefully thats all it is this month...sorry I've gone on a bit :blush:

Awesome news on your opks ! I'll be sure to check your link out and I'll be watching for that bfp :)

Hi Mimdan. I have been very irregular since coming off the pill. I stopped it in May- had a period in July and then nothing until 2nd Nov. I know that bleed was anovulatory as well as my progesterone was only 19. :( I felt OV pains every other week and kept getting positive OPK's- ended up having an ultrasound and I have cycts on my R ovary- the side I kept getting the pains on. I have started temping since 2nd Nov and am on Vitex but still no sign of ovulation happening. Am booked into fertility clinic on 2nd Jan, cos of my age. Good luck x

Hi there EMYJC :)

Awww hun I'm sorry to hear your cycle/ovulation is so delayed :( :hugs: its so so fustrating isnt it, why cant our bodies just do what they are designed to do :(...how perfect would it be to have 28 day cycles !!

I too had an ultrasound about 5 months ago and fortunately I was told they couldnt see any large cysts that there was nothing there to be too worried about I'm sure she said "mild pcos" meaning small cysts but still that was 5 months ago, things could of changed I suppose :shrug: so do you have low progesterone all the time ? Are you on medication for it ? Wouldnt that help with OV ? I'm sorry for all the questions but I dont want to pretend I know what I'm talking about if I dont lol :blush:
Also (1 more question :haha: ) how long have you been taking vitex ? I've read great reviews, maybe for both of us it needs a few months to kick in :)

How do you feel about going to the fertility clinic ? I hope they have the answers to help you out and that for you it will be onwards and upwards from there :)

let us know how you get on :hugs: fingers are crossed for you :)

Both of your pictures of your babies are lovely !! Making me broody, STOP IT lol ;) :flower: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->