Any 30 year olds starting TWW?

cbeans

Reaction score
I'm 30 years old and TTC #1. This is my fourth cycle TTC. I'm 2 dpo and looking for a buddy to wait the wait.

Hey i am 30 but i am 6/7 dpo not holding out any hope as Dr said i am not ovulating but there is that little bit of me that hopes it will happen this time! GL and baby dust to you... if you want i could be your 'little bit ahead of you' buddy lol xx

Hello

Im also 2 dpo and on my 3rd cycle. New to this site but would be happy to be your waiting buddy.
Im 31 and TTC baby number 1.

Thanks Ladies! I'd definitely like to have you over 30 gals as buddies. It just makes the waiting that much easier. Sometimes I feel so old on the posting board. It seems like a lot of the ladies are in the early 20s. Do you guys have anything that helps you pass the time? I find myself watching a lot of lifetime, lol. But it doesn't really help keep my mind off of the waiting.

Hi Cbeans!

I'm 30 and on cycle 4 too! Though haven't ovulated yet. Happy to hang with you on your two week wait though!

So what have you been doing to conceive (obviously bd-ing but any special game plans??)

hey ladies

back with a proper message. was on my crappy touch screen phone earlier- takes forever to type anything!

sooo. hi to bling and lindsay too. babydust to all of you!

hope you dont mind me joining. i am actually not on my tww... i am on cd6 at the moment. but im always out to look for new friends!

bit of an intro from me:

i am 30, turning 31 in jun. ttc baby #1 and am on cycle 4 of ttc. my history goes something like this:

first month - we had sex every 2/3 days around the time i thought i was ovulating. i took opks that month and we bd's the night i got a positive opk and the night after.

second month - we were away on holiday with friends and were not sleeping in the same room so it made it a bit tough. i didnt opk but estimated when i ovulated. we managed to dtd once (heh heh) and then a couple of times when we got home sweet home.

third month aka the month my husband calls "properly trying". we did the sperm meets egg plan and i was soooooooo hoping this was it. sadly it wasnt and af came to town- the witch!

i was on the pill and norethisterone for 2 months last aug/sep because i was getting married and wanted to skip a period over my wedding day (i spotted on the pill so the docs gave me a low dose of noresthisterone too). periods returned as soon as i came off the pill and everything seemed dandy until ironically, jan, when i started ttc! my period kinda changed- i spot (tmi warning) dark brown old blood 1-2 days before af properlyarrives. not sure what thats about. went to the doctor who asked me a tonne of qs but she concluded that it didnt sound too worrying. though she suggested i book in a smear for a routine check up when i was free, so will be doing that shortly!

ok, enough about me, look forward to hearing more from you ladies.

Hi, Mk8. You can definitely buddy up. I feel like sometimes the wait to the 2 week wait is almost worse than the 2 week wait itself.

I know what you're talking about the dark brown blood. I get that too at the start of AF. I think it might just be something that comes with age.

Here's my history:
I just turned 30 in February and started TTC in December. DH and I bd around the time of ovulation, but I wasn't charting yet, so I wasn't sure when I had o'd. I was feeling really positive though. It was right after Xmas that AF showed up and I realized I needed to try a little harder.

Our second cycle TTC we tried a couple of times before I had o'd, but I got sick and we couldn't keep going. However, I hoped that it had been enough, b/c I had all of the symptoms: fatigue, backache, sore breasts, metal taste in month, dizzy, naseous. I told my husband on my birthday, "I'm 99% sure that i'm pregnant!" But I must have imagined them because AF showed up shortly after. And to make things worse, my younger sister found out she was pregnant (which I was so happy for her, but, the green eyed monster was definitely there.)

Our third cycle, I finally started charting BBT. I had no symptoms what so ever, so after the previous month, I took that to mean a good thing. But alas, AF showed. AND my best friend told me she was preggers. Again, very happy for her, but still waiting for my turn :p

This last cycle my husband I really got serious and bd every evening the 3 days before o. The day of o I felt cramps, which I'm hoping were o pains. So I ran home and we bd right away. I was also taking mucinex the 4 days prior to o and the day of, to loosen the mucus. We'll see if it worked in two weeks.

It's good to meet you ladies. GL and baby dust!

HEy ladies! I'm 30 too and may be about to enter the tww? Not sure about that part and about to post a question about it-- but happy to be buddies nonetheless :)
Good luck to everyone!

Hi there everyone, how nice a few of us around the same age and been trying roughly the same amount of time! Nice to have u all to pass the time with!!
In relation to ttc we are currently taking the relaxed approach to ttc, no opks, temps etc yet!! Roughly think I kno when I ovulate but obvious taking this approach I don't know for sure and it worries we don't bd on the right days xx

Bling, that can be a good approach -- just staying relaxed and not getting too stressed over being precise. I was thinking if it doesn't work this time, maybe my dh and I should take a vacation and just relax. God knows that it might make the bding more fun. Lately, it feels like all work :p

Not in the 2ww at the moment as I had to hold off TTC for 2 months due to a flare-up of my bowel disease and being on steroids, but I just wanted to say hi as another 30-year-old TTC her first. We had been TTC for 7 months unsuccessfully prior to my setback. I'll be back TTC again in a couple of weeks, all being well, and hopefully by the time my next 2ww comes around all of you lovely ladies will be pregnant :baby:

Is 35 too old for your thread??

I'm Anne, 35, TTC since July, 8DPO today. And really stupidly, I've kind of convinced myself this is my month :dohh: but this TWW is the longest ever...

Hi conina come and join us we can help you get thr the dreaded wait fx this is your month do u have any symptoms? Xx

Hey ladies!!!!

Nice to have some 30 somethings to chat too!
I really hope you all get your BFP this time! I am off to FS on 5th April so fxed that they will help us!
Just wish i was ovulating as i am having so many syptoms lol but i know i can't be as no little eggy no little bean lol!!!

Baby dust to you all xxxx

Hello my fellow 30 yr olds.

Hi vegan mama!

Bling- agree with cbeans. I think the relaxed approach is the way forward. All this opk and charting business does create stress. Cbeans, on also thinking about just enjoying it from nxt month if this mont& doesn't work out. I feel its getting dh down too and i dont want that!

I went to the nurse to do a smear today due to my brown spotting. Doc suggested as a precaution. Nurse reckons its hormone changes.

When do u ladies plan on testing?

Hi conina come and join us we can help you get thr the dreaded wait fx this is your month do u have any symptoms? Xx

Don't ask about symptoms! I keep thinking I am, then when I get a sensible head on I realise if I wasn't looking for them I wouldn't even notice...

hey silverbell- good luck with fighting the flare up and hope you head back to the world of ttc v soon. :)

conina- best of luck hun! hope you are staying relaxed. have you been ttc-ing hard or stayed quite relaxed? hope the latter!

Lindsay- FS?

Hi girls!! I'm gonna jump in on this thread too....I'm 29, but am feeling kind of old on some of the other threads! Boy, since when is 29 old?! :haha:

I'm on CD 16, I think I'll be OV on CD 25. So I guess we're all kind of all over the place, but it will be nice to stick together!! :hugs:

hey all!

And hi to mk8 - a fellow beanstalker!

I'm also 30 (but turn 31 on Sunday!) and have been trying for 3 months.

I started charting and taking opks back in Oct / Nov time in preparation for TTC so I could figure out how my cycle worked and started taking the preconception vits then too.

I also have the brown spotting for a couple of days before af and got a bit concerned when reading on here that it could be due to low progesterone. Apparently you need progesterone at the end of the 2ww to sustain the pregnancy if you conceive. So got myself all scared and such. But apparently taking a vit b complex helps so I have been doing that for the last couple of months. I think it helps a bit but I don't take a very high dose.

SO - our first month TTC was Jan 11 however in Cycle 1 and 2 we only dtd once or twice at most round the fertile time - which obviously wasn't enough!!

So Cycle 3- this cycle, we dtd a lot more....although i ovulated a lot later than normal so we were both completely knackered by the time i did actually ovulate! We managed every other day leading up to ov but may not have caught the most fertile day!

Anyway af is due on Monday / Tuesday ish of next week and as I said it's my bday on Sunday - so can't decide whether to test on Sunday and risk bfn and spoil my bday or whether to just leave it till mon / tues and still have that glimmer of hope on my bday?!!!

to be honest last month i crumbled at tested at 8dpo in the afternoon (it was soooo gonna be negative right?) so if I actually manage to hold out till Monday or Tuesday I guess it will be a miracle!

Anyway nice to meet you all!!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->