Any 30 year olds starting TWW?

and also hi to lisa92881 - another fellow beanstalker!! Sorry i was busy writing my post when you posted so didn't spot you there!!

lisa, pink -n fancy seeing u here!

pink... scarily similar story to me.

i have also been spotting brown discharge 1-2 days before af. only started this yr though and ironically, when i started ttc! grrrr. i went to the docs about it and she didnt think it was anything too concerning but suggested that i go for a smear. i saw the nurse today, who thought it may be due to a hormonal imbalance and she mentioned something about progesterone too. i too have read vit b is meant to help, but i already get vit b in my conception vits (i go for pregnacare). what to do?!?!

i hope cycle 3 is for you pink! i am on to cycle 4 and hoping that this is it- i want that double line!

baby dust to all!

x

:hi: Hi fellow beanstalkers!! Glad to see you here too.

lisa, pink -n fancy seeing u here!

pink... scarily similar story to me.

i have also been spotting brown discharge 1-2 days before af. only started this yr though and ironically, when i started ttc! grrrr. i went to the docs about it and she didnt think it was anything too concerning but suggested that i go for a smear. i saw the nurse today, who thought it may be due to a hormonal imbalance and she mentioned something about progesterone too. i too have read vit b is meant to help, but i already get vit b in my conception vits (i go for pregnacare). what to do?!?!

i hope cycle 3 is for you pink! i am on to cycle 4 and hoping that this is it- i want that double line!

baby dust to all!

x

Wow, girls. You guys gave me something to think about. I thought the brown blood was just due to increase of age. Maybe I should talk to my doctor to see what she would recommend. So glad you guys posted that!

And welcome Conina and Lisa, your ages are just fine!

I plan on testing on April 8th, if I can wait that long. Pink, that's a tough decision! Good luck coming up with an answer. A part of me says, wait until after your bday, so it doesn't spoil if you get a bfn...but on the other hand if it's a bfp - what a good bday present! AH! Good luck!

hey silverbell- good luck with fighting the flare up and hope you head back to the world of ttc v soon. :)

conina- best of luck hun! hope you are staying relaxed. have you been ttc-ing hard or stayed quite relaxed? hope the latter!

Lindsay- FS?

MK8 - I've been using OPK's because my cycles have always been pretty irregular (well, they're regularly long - 30-36 days, but still irregular!). Also the last 2 cycles we've used Conceive+, but that's just because we would usually use some sort of lube, and the others are not TTC friendly!!

I got my +ve OPK while we were away for a long weekend in Budapest, so you can imagine with nice hotel beds, it was perfect!!

So if it is my month, it'll be Baby Buda? Or maybe Baby Pest???

I'm so bummed! Fertility Friend just moved my O date back a day, saying that I o'd on Saturday instead of Friday and we didn't bd on Saturday. I thought I had timed everything so well this time around, dang it.

hey ladies

hope you are all doing well.

pink- wondering whether your brown discharge issue is lessening with the vit b complex? i started the whole brown discharge thing in jan i think. 3 days brown spotting in feb and 2 days brown spotting in mar. started taking pregnacare from end of feb... not sure if that was the influence. anyhoo, if you hear more, do let us know!

cbeans- apr 8...not long now! :) try to relax until then though. enjoy yourself! :)

tonights the night of 1st night of bd this cycle- doing the sperm meets egg plan. though think hubbys a bit "ohhhh... but im tired." haha.

Hi girls :flower:
Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread...I'm going to turn 30 in June, and have been TTC since January (properly - December if we count 'not really trying but almost!'). So this is cycle number 3 officially.

What some of you have mentioned really struck a chord with me...I came off the pill last August and have been pretty irregular ever since...but this weird brown spotting before AF started in January too - just as we started TTC. I've even been having it as long as five days before AF comes...followed by just 2 or 3 days of proper AF. I have been worried it is a sign of low progesterone - as others have mentioned - and have booked an appt with my doctor on April 4th to talk to her about it. So many of us suddenly getting spotting before AF just as we TTC can't be coincidence, surely? it must be related? though I too am convinced it's to do with hormone imbalances as our bodies get used to being off bcp...

anyway, lovely to meet you and let's hope we can support each other until we all have BFPs! xxx:kiss:

Welcome Morticia!

Ultra spooky... I am 30, bday in June (though I am a year older than you). I came off the pill in Aug/Sep though I was only on it for 2 months to stop my period when I got married in Aug (took Microgynon- the devil! Cos I took it on day 1 of AF and it stopped my period, though I got weird brown spotting instead, that never went away. So I had to take a low dose of noresthisterone to stop the spotting! I was all hormoned up!). Anyway, I also officially started TTC in Jan but had 1x unprotected sex in Dec.

Anyway, my doctor didn't seem too into asking about luteal phases and what have you but did mention my issue could be a hormone imbalance due to the pill. Though she was perplexed as to why it decides to turn weird in Jan, 3 months after I came off it. Anyway, do keep us posted on what the doc says Morticia!

Baby dust to you!

And welcome Conina and Lisa, your ages are just fine!

I plan on testing on April 8th, if I can wait that long. Pink, that's a tough decision! Good luck coming up with an answer. A part of me says, wait until after your bday, so it doesn't spoil if you get a bfn...but on the other hand if it's a bfp - what a good bday present! AH! Good luck!

Hi cbeans!

I KNOW!!!! eeeeeeek!!!! i'm actually going to be away this weekend so maybe i just wont take any test strips with me then i cant be tempted to test!!!!!

hi mk8! - i do think b vits have helped...i also take pregnacare preconception and you are right they do have vit b in, and i also take a low dose vitb complex - it doesnt have a lot in - its just the standard one from tesco - but like you i noticed in the months i took it religiously - especially taking it in the first half of my cycle ironically - that the spotting was better - in fact the month before last af came without any spotting at all! however last month we went on holiday and i was a bit lax with taking the vits and i spotted really early .....so i can go from one month to the next and it completely changes it seems!!!

i'm also taking evening primrose oil as i read that it can help with hormonal imbalances - only from af till ov though as you're not supposed to take it if pregnant.

Of course i really have no idea if this is right or wrong - i'm kinda speculating and experimenting. i'm not sure it is even right to be messing around with all the vits and supplements, but i figure that actually i'm not taking high doses of anything and i've read so many websites about it all that on balance i think i'm better trying it than not! :shrug:

some ladies take a lot higher doses of vit b for this issue - there's lots of threads about it... you may have already seen it but there is a good thread on it that has been running for a while. I'm not sure how to attach the link but will try after i've posted this. they take either a 50mg vit b complex or 100mg complex -either of which you can get in holland and barratt. I bought some 50mg but havent used it yet. i get scared about taking stuff i'm not used to!:wacko:

good luck with your bding! my OH used the i'm tired story this month!! its funny how usually he cant get enough and when we need to do it he's suddenly too tired!!! grrr!!!!!

welcome morticia and hi everyone else!!! baby dust!!! :dust:

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-gro...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html

here's the vit b thread - i hope the link works!

oh and it might be worth me mentioning that i havent been on bcp for 6 years! so for me at least that doesn't appear to be the cause? :shrug:

xxx

Hi! I'd love to join this thread if you'll have me :flower: I'm 33 (just turned in December) and this is my 4th cycle of TTC#1. DH is 35. I'm 1DPO with what will most likely be a 28 day cycle this month. A lot of your stories sound like mine. Started off with a pretty lax approach to all this and now I'm doing a ton - BD'ing lots, charting, CBFM, and OPKs. Oh and also 50 mg of B complex. When I write it all out, it sounds crazy! :wacko:

Anyway, went off the pill (after like 12 years) in June of last year, but used condoms until we got married in December. I *thought* by doing this that I was normalizing my hormones etc and adjusting to being off the pill, which you'd think would help you get preggers. Have since learned that this was a mistake, though, as apparently you have a better chance of getting PG the first month you go off the pill...something called hyperovulation?? :dohh:

So glad I found this thread - I feel super old on so many others! Good luck to all of you!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/33d601/ttc.png

My Ovulation Chart

I "think" I'm on my 2WW now, or will be very soon. The reason I don't know for certain is because I had my IUD removed 5 1/2 weeks ago, and I had my period, but I don't know how long my cycle is right now. However, for the last 4 days I've had EWCM, so I think I'm probably ovulating today or tomorrow, and I'm planning on taking a test on April 8th if AF doesn't arrive.

Welcome newcomers.

Cbeans. Hows your tww going. Hope youre nice n relaxed.

I'm doing good so far -- I teach and school is keeping me really busy this week, so far. Have barely had a minute to sit down, which is good, b/c last month I wasn't busy at all and every spare moment I was thinking about the tww.

Mk8, how'd it go with the hubby? I agree - my husband has really started to think of bd as a chore, when before he couldn't get enough. Wish I could get the magic going when its that time.

How bout everyone else? How's the tww treating you? LindsayA, how you hanging in?

hey guys

didnt do the baby dance with hubby last night- he was tired! so we are gonna do it tonight. hes working late but text to say "we are still gonna bd though!" haha.

i also picked up some vit b complex tablets... though only has 1.4mg of b6 and similar dosage of b12- basically both 100% RDA... too low? Pink- your views pls. What is your dosage on your tesco ones?

in addition, i have booked an appointment for reflexology- heard it can help.. we shall see! either way, hope it relaxes me cos i was feeling rather low today. i felt as though it may never happen. :(

good to hear youre ok cbeans :)

hows everybody else?

Hello cbeans and all you other lovely ladies! Sorry not been around much... i am a teacher too and it is my class assembly tomorrow so i am madly trying to sort things for that! So TWW seems to be going quick although i don't think i am gonna test i think i will just wait for AF it is much cheaper lol!

I know deep down i have no chance as not ovulating but i just think the desire to get that BFP is too much and i am sort of convincing myself it 'could' happen! Silly i know but hey!

I have managed to keep and eye on all of your messages, so nice to have some people my age around on here!
Baby dust to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"