• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

7 days till due date for me and still nothing after my bloody show last week. I did have cramps painful enough to wake me up 3 or 4 times last night though, which is a first, and I've lost 2 lbs, which MW says is a good sign. Also, baby has moved down & into position!! All good, now he just has to decide to take the last step - come on, little guy, family's all here waiting to meet you!! GL ladies, here's hoping this next week brings some more birth stories :)

7 days till due date for me and still nothing after my bloody show last week. I did have cramps painful enough to wake me up 3 or 4 times last night though, which is a first, and I've lost 2 lbs, which MW says is a good sign. Also, baby has moved down & into position!! All good, now he just has to decide to take the last step - come on, little guy, family's all here waiting to meet you!! GL ladies, here's hoping this next week brings some more birth stories :)

I didn't know losing weight was a good sign? Do you know the reason for that? I noticed I'd lost a pound when I weighed myself yesterday morning - not much I know, and I put it down to it being a few days since pigging out on takeaways :haha:

Well, my MW told me it just means that my body doesn't feel it need to gain any more, so bump is pretty much as big as it's going to get. If I'm sweating out fluid retention, that means my hormones are shifting again...all possible signs that labour isn't far off. Hope she's right!!

I lost a lb last week .... and put it on again this week! Pretty sure it means that this lil guy isn't planning on making his grand entrance til Feb ;).

40+1 now, declined a sweep as head isn't engaged ... He's obviously just far too comfy in there!

I have been for a very long walk today around the shopping centre- DH actually suggested it, he is really fed up of waiting today. For the first 45 mins ish I had lots of BH but they seems to stop after that. I really hope it does start something but guess it can only help in a way.
My mum has arrived in the UK today but is staying with my brother for a few days. Really want baby here soon as not sure how I will entertain her whilst we wait once she is here.
Hope you have all had a good day, remember even if it doesn't feel like it we are all a little closer to meeting our little ones :)

Hi everyone thinking of you all will read back properly when I get chance - here's my birth story (short and sweet) copied from my journal, there's a pic on there too!

Back home now! Everything went brilliantly and I was really well looked after by all the nurses and midwives and my hubs who is an emotional wreck all the time and so loved up with 'his princesses' :) . So we were in on the Tuesday morning at 7.30 and lexi was born at 10.47am, c section was over quickly and pretty much pain free! I was so overwhelmed when they pulled out lexi!! :cloud9: me and hubs cried. She was lobster pink and 10/10 for health and alertness :cloud9: she came out crying very loudly! I breast fed straight away and have not had one single problem! :shock: she guzzles more and more and I can hear it draining down her tummy and her guzzles! :cloud9: I was fine on my own with her, I slept with her next to me in the big bed but she had to have her own blanket, I woke up nose to nose with her at 5am this morning :cloud9:

Had a second shower this morning at the hospital and cried and cried with happiness that my mc misery came to such a happy end and thought of all my lovely friends on here and how we have supported each other so much :cry: and continue to do so!

Waiting for hubs to pick me up from doors of hospital this morning and 10 people stopped to: look at lexi, nudge each other to look, look back, smile at me or say how cute she is and I cried again! I feel so blessed and lucky that i have a beautiful baby girly!!

That's my birth story. :cloud9:

Ps and as for growth scans PAH!!!! :rofl: and amateur gender sleuthing PAH again :rofl:

Loads of photos to follow!! Xxxx

My MW said I won't get induced until 40+14 and what with them putting my date back as it is that means it won't be until about the 25th :( Will be joining you on the watching OBEM sweetcheeks maybe it will make these babies get a move on!

I might try that, I have heard of a few women going into labour after watching it. You tube here I come!

Cingrats fili, cant wait for photos, sounds like you ate enjoying every precious moment

Congrats fili!! cant wait to see the photos x

Congratulations fili.. Can't wait your see pics x

I'm not feeling much movement :( I am seeing my midwife in a couple of hours for my weekly check up so I'll definitely be mentioning it and see if I can go the hospital and get monitored. I've been crampy for 24 hours consistently and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Welll baby is still moving plenty, contractions still irregular, still losing my plug. I hate this waiting game!

Also noticed today that my face is really broken out with a lot of spots, which is unusual for me - wonder if its to do with a big hormone surge?

Congratulations fili, what a lovely birth story. I had the non-stop tears of joy after my DS was born :baby:

Well I never thought I would see this day in my pregnancy. Yes, I'm officially overdue!

Got my 40 week appointment with the MW this morning and will probably be offered a sweep. Had a good nights sleep last night so LO can feel free to make an appearance any time today. I'm still feeling pretty upbeat about everything though but that will be subject to change depending on hormone levels.

How you all feeling today? Any more baby news from anyone? Xx

No news from me :( I really had hoped I would be waking up in labour or with my waters having gone but no such luck! Not sure what to try today...
Hope your MW appointment goes well Mrs A. Lets hope today is the day these babies decide to make their appearance.

Congratulations!! Lovely to wake up to another positive birth story :)

Congrats Fili! :D

I'm still here too, due date but no baby yet.

Have got my fingers crossed for all you ladies! x

I'm still here too, due tomorrow but I've just walked to the shop and felt no grating on my cervix at all so I don't think he's engaged. I woke up at 3am with bad period/back ache but that's not the first time... I'm not really taking anything as a sign any more!

I shall take it as a sign when his head is out!! :haha:

MW appointment was less than favourable. According to MW last week I was measuring 41 weeks and fully engaged and was offered a sweep - this week im measuring 39 weeks and 3/5s engaged and they wont doa sweep unless fully engaged. LO needs to make her mind up instead of doing the hokey cokey in and out of my pelvis!

I told her about all of the old wives tales that we have been trying and she said,'Have you tried doing what you did to get her in there?' This made me and DH giggle a little but she said that this was the only sure fire way to get labour going but you needed to be doing it twice a day to reach the desired level of hormones. The hormones in sperm is the same as what they use for induction, just synthetic. I laughed again at the thought of twice a day given the size of my belly but DH doesnt seem to mind!

This 'trying anything' and waiting takes me right by to our days of TTC! I might try it twice a day for the next couple of days and see how we go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->