• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Morning :) ive been having contractions for a few hours now, also felt a gush like I had lost water (properly this time!) Had a bath and gonna phone L+D shortly, since my water had a brownish tint to it, so I'm not sure if they'll want me to come in or not.

GL, hope all goes well for you x :flower:

I need some patience.. Anyone know where I can get any?

I've done nothing but worry since reading the thread about the active baby passing away and the movement was due to distress. Every movement I felt yesterday had me worried sick!. Its mad the things that go through our heads, every little thing has us worried!

I'm going to try to just chill out today and get plenty of rest. Its lovely hearing about all you ladies having your LOs, I hope my story won't be too far behind now :thumbup:

Hi Ladies, just got home this evening from the hospital after being discharged. Baby Charlie arrived at 3.08am Monday morning (9 days before his due date - due 16th January) after labour started in the middle of the night at 1am, totally caught me by surprise and really thought I was going to be overdue and possibly induced. He came on the day of my midwife appointment, I was anxious about this appointment because I suspected I was having a big baby, he weighed in at 8 pounds 5 oz. We had to stay in last night until breastfeeding had been established so finally got to come home today, just wanted to announce his birth and hopefully tomorrow I can give you my labour story which was a whole whopping 2 hours!, right now I am so tired and need to get some sleep so will try and catch up with you all tomorrow. xxx

Congratulations Corina! 2 hours wow! Look forward to hearing more about it :flower:

Sweetcheeks that sounds promising, hopefully the sweep will move things along a tad quicker for you.

Weejenb- Good luck! Hope your little one comes soon.

Mrs A I know what you mean about that thread- my baby has been very active throughout the whole pregnancy but after reading that it has made me really worry. Although at this point I am worrying about just about anything.

I could also do with some patience... original due date today based on LMP (moved it back to the 11th a couple of months ago based on 12 wk scan) and have a midwife appointment. Have a feeling as they won't see me as overdue that they won't do anything this time but had some odd symptoms which I am a little concerned about (blurry vision, excessive weight gain) so will be please to air them and see what is said. Think I may end up crying if she says just come back next week.

still here :) contractions have slowed down but my bloody show is continuing! Think I'll be hanging on a wee while yet, just been on a good walk with my OH and planning on bouncing on my ball this afternoon, and we'll just see what happens :)

I hope the contractions start back up for you weejenb!

I read that too Mrs.A but I've decided to try to forget about it. My baby moves loads in the evening, it hurts because he moves so much... but that is normal for him and I refuse to spend the last few days/weeks worrying that he's moving too much or not enough.

I was really hot in bed last night, and had lots of period/back pain but no BH contractions. I kind of feel like its getting closer but then it's going to be about 2 weeks max now so I guess that is close (I just hope things start for me in the next few days!).

Congrats Fili and congrats Corina! Really happy for you ladies :) I can't wait to hear more!

How is everyone else doing?

I've got cramps, backache and yesterday I lost a huge chunk of plug. Just waiting for things to get going - no sign of any contractions yet though.

Hope you're all ok - this last part is painful, isn't it! x

Me and the OH have been on two big walks today - the pain deffo eases up when I'm walking. Still don't think I've restarted any regular contractions but everything is just sore just now - lower back, cervix, pelvis, etc. A random woman stopped me on the street to tell me that I'm having a boy (true!) and that he'll be around 7pounds 12 ounces. We shall see!!

Come on contraction fairy, come back to me :haha:

Me and the OH have been on two big walks today - the pain deffo eases up when I'm walking. Still don't think I've restarted any regular contractions but everything is just sore just now - lower back, cervix, pelvis, etc. A random woman stopped me on the street to tell me that I'm having a boy (true!) and that he'll be around 7pounds 12 ounces. We shall see!!

Come on contraction fairy, come back to me :haha:

I'm so sore too, my back is really sore and these cramps are just teasing me! I hope the contraction fairy visits us tonight! :haha:

Just back from midwife and baby's head is not engaged so she wouldnt do the sweep :( Looks like im here for the long haul! x

Had tightening every 10 mins for 7 hours yesterday, then they went to 3-5mins apart for an hour. Then everything stopped the moment I decided to get checked...GRRR!

Me too sweetcheeks :( My midwife wouldn't even offer to do one until next week anyway, baby is still back to back and 3/5th engaged. Really had enough now :cry:

Just back from midwife and baby's head is not engaged so she wouldnt do the sweep :( Looks like im here for the long haul! x

Had tightening every 10 mins for 7 hours yesterday, then they went to 3-5mins apart for an hour. Then everything stopped the moment I decided to get checked...GRRR!

Me too sweetcheeks :( My midwife wouldn't even offer to do one until next week anyway, baby is still back to back and 3/5th engaged. Really had enough now :cry:

Sorry ladies, frustrating news all around :hugs:
Come on babies, start moving into position!

This is what happened to me too emydra :hugs:

Fed up too Mrs SM gonna get a takeaway tonight and watch OBEM. Mw has booked me in for a sweep nxt week but says unless head is engaged she cant do sweep! Wont be booked for induction till 40+12 arrrggghhh xx

Aww ladies, sorry to read the disappointing news.

I just found out one of my friends just had her baby girl today, she was due exactly 2 weeks after me! I am delighted for her, but couldn't help have the tiny niggle that said "mew mew it was MY turn!" :haha: I know it won't matter a jot once my little man is here :cloud9:

My MW said I won't get induced until 40+14 and what with them putting my date back as it is that means it won't be until about the 25th :( Will be joining you on the watching OBEM sweetcheeks maybe it will make these babies get a move on!

I'm booked in with the midwife on Monday for a sweep, I'll be 40+1 by then. But really hoping hoping baby will be here before then!! :/

Congrats to the new mummies!

Still pregnant here, minor cramps occassionally is all I get. Midwife appointment tomorrow
I'll be asking when she'll do my first sweep, although I will only be 40 weeks next Monday I don't want to wait until our regular Friday appointment for it.

Happy due date to me!! Not that I am very happy.. like a few of us on this thread, i've had some cramps through the night that have woken me up but I have managed to get back to sleep. Got up at about 7:30am and have had nothing since!

I have a midwife appointment tomorrow too and will be offered another sweep... lets hope I wont need it!

Sending labour dust to you all xx

I'm still no further forward with contractions, but losing my plug hugely rapidly sooo I'm hoping these contractions kick in soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->