Any 38 week ladies want to buddy up for the last 2 weeks?

Hi, I'm so glad I found this thread, it's made me feel a whole lot better knowing others are in the 2 week wait, not sure which 2 week wait is worse!

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow with my 2nd baby, my 1st baby was premature at 32 weeks so I think this one will be overdue knowing my luck.

My symptoms at the moment are;

Lots of Braxton Hicks
Period like cramps on and off
Lower back ache
Feet have swelled in the last few days
Tingling sensations in my left hand
Getting really bad heartburn and indigestion
Stabbing pains down below and in the bottom area
Alot of pressure down below
Alot of discharge - sorry tmi

Struggling with sleeping at night, it's so difficult to turn over in bed and having to get up 2-3 times to wee in the night.

I've had the nesting instinct kick in for the last few days, keep getting the urge to wash baby clothes.

Really hoping for a natural labour and don't want to be induced, would really love a water birth now i've made it past 37 weeks. Saw midwife on Thursday and she meausured my uterus which is measuring 4cm more since my last apt 2 wks ago, it's either a growth spurt or i'm having a big baby, my next apt is Monday so if it's increased again then looks like i'll be going for a growth scan. Not sure how I feel about having a big baby, my 1st baby was 5lb born at 32 weeks and I was almost 10lb when I was born so it looks like it runs in the family.

Well I've had a super quiet baby today, really horrendous heartburn, lots of mood swings the past three days, nesting instincts, and more random pains starting. Cant decide if I'm just looking for things though! I'm not feeling too uncomfortable or frustrated today though, nice and chilled for once :thumbup:

More walking for me today and DTD.... But still nothing!

Not long now for us all.. I wonder who will be next? Xx

I don't know mrs a - looks like we are all very much in the same symptom boat though! Welcome corina I could have written your post too except for the tingly hands - bt trying to turn over - urggh hate it! I only ever measure a week ahead fundal height wise but a doc and a midwife said my baby is big - hence why I've I've booked a private scan... I want to know a weight estimate!

I'm getting my scan today to check welfare of baby and his/her weight. So excited to see baby again, also have a routine gp appointment first thing too. Then I'm off to the supermarket to get some of those zip lock plastic wallets to put baby's clothes in so I can add the labels and hubs can see what he's getting easily or me hopefully! Fnishing touches to bag packing and writing thank you cards so busy day! What everyone doing today?

Ps had a chinese king prawn curry last night with chow mein and I ate the lot! It was sooo good! :munch: seem to have more room in my tummy and no nausea after either :yipee:

Good luck at your scan filipenko32-let us know how it goes! Today my plan is to just recheck/repack my hospital bag, and maybe go for a walk-got lots of lower back ache/period type pains this morning so sitting on my exercise ball just now bouncing away!

Good luck for the scan Filipenko.

I did nothing but rest today. I slept 10 hours last night excluding three pee breaks and I am still exhausted, I hmcan barely keep my eyes open. Its 6pmish now and I just had to have a lie down my eyes are so heavy. Hope this doesnt keep up til the end, I still have nesting to do.

Enjoy your scan Filipenko, looking forward to hearing your update x

I had a growth scan at 30 weeks and was told my LO was 90th %ile for weight, estimated to be about the same as my DS on his due date (8lb 10oz). Since then though my fundal height has been 2cm under, so not sure if baby's growth has slowed. I will find out soon anyway! :thumbup:

Good luck with the scan today Fili. Well I'm 40+3 today.. Still no sign. Baby was wriggling and keeping me awake all night last night, now this morning no movement hardly at all. I feel like I've got baby pressing on every available surface. I'm so ready for this tenant to move out now!

GL with the scan Fili.. I had one last week and its strange seeing so much baby now, but lovely all the same x

Just been looking at my ticker and it actually does feel like I'm 'carrying a watermelon' hahaha. We have known since 12 DPO that we were expecting and I remember being a poppy seed! The time has flown by even though April was ages ago!

Good luck with the scan hun :)

I know, I can't believe how we're all carrying watermelons now! Those first few weeks seem to go so slowly and now I can't actually get my head around the fact I'm 9 days away from my due date and could pop at any moment! So excited!

I haven't got many new symptoms, just a few cramps every now and then and last night I really sobbed at a movie, far more than I should have done. Hubby and I put it down to pregnancy rather than the film being sad! Te he.

Hope everyone is well x

Good luck with the scan today, can't wait to hear the update. Had a really restless night last night, couldn't drop off to sleep because i'd had a nap from 3pm till 4pm so had a knock on effect at bedtime.

Had to get up about 3 times to wee in the night, was so uncomfortable, getting aching legs and so stiff all the time, it even hurts now to turn over, feel like i'm carrying a baby elephant, i'm ok in the day it's just night time. Also had terrible heartburn probably from the mice pie that I hate and still can't breathe very well when lying down, ended up on my back a few times which is definately a no no.

My little boy (he's nearly 3) woke me up at 6am this morning but I was thankful just for an excuse to get up.

I'm going nuts being stuck in the house so today i'm going to drive to my mums just to get out the house, luckily I can still drive. I've got to distract myself from the waiting game, I've got a carrier bag on the car seat just in case my waters happen to go.

Can't wait till Monday next week for my next midwife apt, i'm concerned about the size of the baby and feel guilty with everything that I eat, somehow feel like it's my fauly if it is a big baby, i've had such a sweet tooth in this pregnancy and christmas has not helped.

My sweet tooth has been ridiculous Corina! Before getting pregnant, I would have also opted for savory over sweet food, but this year it's been the complete opposite! I just can't get enough sweet food at all.

I'm off to see the midwife in a while, I'm going to see if she can give me an estimation of baby's current weight.

You shouldn't feel guilty though, our bodies tell us what we need :)

Good luck with the scan today, can't wait to hear the update. Had a really restless night last night, couldn't drop off to sleep because i'd had a nap from 3pm till 4pm so had a knock on effect at bedtime.

Had to get up about 3 times to wee in the night, was so uncomfortable, getting aching legs and so stiff all the time, it even hurts now to turn over, feel like i'm carrying a baby elephant, i'm ok in the day it's just night time. Also had terrible heartburn probably from the mice pie that I hate and still can't breathe very well when lying down, ended up on my back a few times which is definately a no no.

My little boy (he's nearly 3) woke me up at 6am this morning but I was thankful just for an excuse to get up.

I'm going nuts being stuck in the house so today i'm going to drive to my mums just to get out the house, luckily I can still drive. I've got to distract myself from the waiting game, I've got a carrier bag on the car seat just in case my waters happen to go.

Can't wait till Monday next week for my next midwife apt, i'm concerned about the size of the baby and feel guilty with everything that I eat, somehow feel like it's my fauly if it is a big baby, i've had such a sweet tooth in this pregnancy and christmas has not helped.

I take it it was a mince pie you ate? Or is it really a baby elephant you're carrying inside you making you eat rodents? :haha:

Sorry, it just gave me a giggle!! Hope you enjoy your trip out the house today :)

Sleeping terribly here too, its 4amish and I didnt get to sleep until 1. My ereader gets me through my insomnia. I get heartburn all night and milk helps temporarily only. Gaviscon etc does nothing now

Hi all how are we all feeling today? Any update on your scan fili?
I have been for a very long walk around town, going up and down as many stairs as possible and I now ache even more than I did before... as for making anything happen labour wise... nothing :nope:
Hmm what to try next?

Hi ladies :wave:

I had my midwife appointment today, and baby is head down (had previously been transverse so I'm made up that the last 2 appointments he's been in the right position).

Fundal height 36cm today, midwife said she's not concerned though as there has still been steady growth.

Got home and had been sitting on the sofa for around half an hour when baby started jiggling about and... ouchy ouchy!! Fanny daggers from hell!!! So he's definitely snuggling down there! Can't believe I'm so happy to be reporting pain haha! :haha:

OMFG my scan was... Revealing! Had a private welfare scan as hubs was ten pounds when he was born and so was his dad and a few midwives / docs said it looked like baby was big and...baby is 9 lbs 9 already!!! Placenta healthy, amniotic fluid normal, right position, cord in front - good thing. But if I go to term at 40 weeks he could well be 10 -11 pounds plus!! Not sure whether to push for an induction. That's what you get when you have a big husband (height wise he is 6ft 7) :wacko: he looked so cute though he has the cutest fattest cheeks! Sono said he was cute even! He massive though in the 95 - 98 percentile now for everything! I'll upload a pic later. Not sure what to do??!! :wacko: going to ring a midwife tomorrow I'll let you ladies know what I'm advised.

Darkstar sorry about your terrible heartburn, it sounds a lot worse than mine and I thought mine was bad. Could you try the hard tablets or tums maybe, or maybe just go to the doc and he will prescribe something stronger?? :hugs: I also read to help me to get back to sleep...

Mrs a time has flown I can't believe it sometimes!

Mrs migg I am willing the miglet to make an appearance today or tomorrow!!

Mrs mel did you get a weight estimate?

Corina mice pie will definitely give you heartburn and it's a pregnancy no no unless you cook it well you know! :) I am finding it very hard to sleep as well and my legs ache terribly but I think I now know why although lots of ladies are getting leg aches now at our stage. Not sleeping all night through is one of the worst symptoms for most of is on here I think. And as you can see I'm worried about baby's weight too!!

Everything I feel grateful for pain now!! It's amazing how we are being prepared mentally and physically I think! Anything is better than this waiting game isn't it?

Mrs s-m try :sex: and curry and maybe in that order!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->