any 40yo+ mamas?

vkj73

Reaction score
hi ladies,
i'm 41yo and 9w4d pg with our 2nd.

i'd love to chat with other soon-to-be mamas.

i'm excited, but also a little scared, especially thinking about my age.

it's been 5 years since we were in this boat, so that makes me a little nervous too.

congrats and hope to hear from some "older" mamas soon!:hugs:

Hi VIJ73! I'm 41 too and am pregnant with my first. I will be 13 weeks on Monday. My hubby and I had a difficult time conceiving but so far with this baby all is well. I had my Nuchel translucency test done at 12 weeks and that was good, and I also had my blood drawn for the Panorama test and get to find out the babies gender next week. All in all I am just excited and thankful and look forward to every new change this baby brings. I'm already in love with it!

Congratulations to you both!! I was 45 when I got pregnant with my first, and now she's 16 months and the best thing that's ever happened to this ole gal. I wish you both the best!

thanks for the replies. comforting to know i'm not in this alone.
and...that age doesn't have to matter.

i don't feel my age, however, i know i'll need to work on letting go of what judgments others may have.

sending lots of :hug:

Hi Vk, I am also 41 and pregnant with my 2nd. This is my 2nd pregnancy at 41, the last one i lost, so have all things crossed for this one. I am 6 weeks tomorrow.

Congratulations on your pregnancy x

Hi VK, I'm 37 and this is my 3rd. I have two kids from my first marriage of 13yrs. Got pregnant and married at a very young age. I'm now married again to my soulmate and he has no kids. We started trying at the beginning of this year. Got pregnant after cycle 2 and lost the baby at 10 weeks. Here we are again 6 weeks and hoping for a healthy baby. We have been closely monitored and hcg levels are were they should be and we got an early scan to make sure everything was on track and measured correctly. To our surprise we saw our little bean and a hb.

hoping for a easy and healthy pregnancy for us all!

nflores77,
congrats! and thank you for the reply. there are a few of us on here just a few years apart and just a few weeks apart in pregnancies.

let's all keep each other posted!!!

:hug:to all!

Hiya! I'm 40 and pregnant for the 5th time. I have one DS and I've had 3 consecutive miscarriages. Everything is going well so far. Nice to meet you all!

Hi VK :)
Im 42 and 11 weeks pregnant with my second :)

nice to meet you and congratulations

there is a thread in the pregnant and over 35 section - called miracles in the making with quite a few of us older mummies to be :)

Yes, we should continue to update eachother in our journey!!!

My next appt isn't until the 23rd of Oct. @ 10 weeks... and that is going to drive me insane!
To keep my sanity... I have ordered a doppler... and can't wait to get it... and put it to use!

hello mowat (i remember you from other ttc threads!) and purplelou!

i'll definitely check out the 35+ mama thread.

i have my first midwife appointment wednesday. up until now, i've been at the fertility center...now i've graduated to the other campus:thumbup:

good luck to all and may patience be with you during all the
"in-between" waits!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back