Any army wives or gfs? More questions page 4

Well my oh worked away Monday to Friday. We're not married so I stayed home while he went away to camp. Erm, it didn't change him as such. It was probably more my paranoia. He had chances to do all the adventure training but I saw it as why the hell should you be able to go on holidays and me not? He didn't end up going on many but the ones he did were over our sons birthdays :mad:. That he chose to pay to go on. Scuba diving in Cyprus and rugby tour to France. (He's not in the rugby team but was there pti's).

I know it makes me sound really selfish but it really annoyed me that he could go on piss up holidays with the lads whilst i stayed home on my own as always. X

I didn't realise they got to go away on holidays?? How often do they go away?

1) definitely don't need to learn German, I have a few friends out there and I think other than thank you they don't know anything lol.

2) the military changed my husband for the better, thankfully he's never been a lad's lad, not into his drinking, I do know of of men it reverts back into boys and start living the single life. But tbh as you'll be in quarters I think you have less chances of this happening. For my DH it gave him a new lease on life, and only made us stronger, I am thankful for the military!!

3) they have adventure training packages now and again, normally when the regiment is on a down time, such as skiing in winter, or parachuting, they're fantastic experiences that they pay very little towards and I would never begrudge my husband going, it is one of the perks of the job and if it was me I would be right on it! They don't come up often, DH should be parachuting this year, he was going to go skiing but as I am due December he is leaving it this winter. It looks good on their "military CVs" too, it's a form of training and makes them look proactive, I would urge OH to go, they do a hard job and yeah ok it's not so nice for us but I'm not going to begrudge my own husband's happiness and he would make it up to me, however, we do live together full time so it's not as big of deal when he goes away.

Your entitled to 3 get you home allowances a year each. If your husband goes away on tour you are entitled to bring a member of family over to germany . Im not sure if its just once or a few times, you would have to ask welfare for the exact details. X

As for changing them. The army didnt so much change my ex but he did change when he got back from afghan. He wouldnt talk about it and just drank more and changed loads. There is help available for men who change after tours but my ex decided not to get help and that ultimately why we split but its dying down a lot out there now.

The army will change your OH for the better id say :) Certainly wouldn't bother learning German. A lot of germans know english anyways.

xx

Thanks I don't think I'll bother to learn German then just maybe a few basics! I know hello is just hallo? So that's easy enough haha!

For those ladies who's oh did basic trainging at catterick, was the signal really bad in their block? My oh never has any signal. So hardly have any contact with him which can be really frustrating! :(

We lived in catterick for 3 years and our phone signal was always rubbish x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"