Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

wishandwait

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering if there was any Aussie girls out there starting IVF in the next few months?
My husband and I are probably starting IVF through Monash in May/June.....
Anyone have some success stories?

Me- 28 and healthy
DH-29 low morphology and marginal motility

Love to hear from anyone!

Hi Wishandwait,

I have just been through IVF in Oz (through IVF Australia) and I wanted to wish you all the very best of luck as there doesn't seem to be that many Aussies on here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Missy

Hi Wishandwait,

I have just been through IVF in Oz (through IVF Australia) and I wanted to wish you all the very best of luck as there doesn't seem to be that many Aussies on here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Missy

Hi! Thanks for the reply and congrats on your bfp!!! H & H nine months! I looked at ivf Australia and they seemed great! They were cheaper than Monash too but we live in rural Victoria so our options were limited. How long were you ttc for before you decided to go ahead with ivf if you don't mind me asking?

Hi Wishandwait,

Missy

Hi! Thanks for the reply and congrats on your bfp!!! H & H nine months! I looked at ivf Australia and they seemed great! They were cheaper than Monash too but we live in rural Victoria so our options were limited. How long were you ttc for before you decided to go ahead with ivf if you don't mind me asking?

After only 9 months TTC we did an IUI and I had a laparoscopy. Once blood tests revealed that I had a really low AMH level, we decided to move straight on to IVF#1 after only 11 months TTC.

I hope you conceive on your first try!

Missy

Hi Wishandwait,

Missy

After only 9 months TTC we did an IUI and I had a laparoscopy. Once blood tests revealed that I had a really low AMH level, we decided to move straight on to IVF#1 after only 11 months TTC.

I hope you conceive on your first try!

Missy

Thank you I hope so too! We've been ttc/ntnp for over two years. DH is sub-fertile so they think our chances are good with ivf! I'm doing IUI this month as I've just had a lap...hoping to start ASAP after that! I hope it doesn't take too long!

Hi Wish! :flower: So nice to see another Aussie on here. We've done 2 ICSI (we have severe male factor) cycles so far, one fresh & one frozen. I'll hopefully be cycling again in June. But at the moment we're just waiting to find out if DH has testicular cancer, which could mean no more cycles for us. However I'm happy to keep you company while you cycle. I notice you have Male Factor too; will you be doing ICSI? I hear Monash is really good. We're going through Genea (used to be called Sydney IVF), they're bloody expensive, but great. In terms of success, we were very lucky to fall pregnant 1st cycle, but then miscarried at 6 weeks. Loads of baby dust your way xx

Hi Wish! :flower: So nice to see another Aussie on here. We've done 2 ICSI (we have severe male factor) cycles so far, one fresh & one frozen. I'll hopefully be cycling again in June. But at the moment we're just waiting to find out if DH has testicular cancer, which could mean no more cycles for us. However I'm happy to keep you company while you cycle. I notice you have Male Factor too; will you be doing ICSI? I hear Monash is really good. We're going through Genea (used to be called Sydney IVF), they're bloody expensive, but great. In terms of success, we were very lucky to fall pregnant 1st cycle, but then miscarried at 6 weeks. Loads of baby dust your way xx

Hi! Thanks for the reply! Sorry to hear about your DH, I really hope they find nothing so you guys can cycle again in June. We will be doing ICSI too. I've just got a bfn from a cycle of IUI so ill be calling Dr tomorrow to start asap. Did you have to start with the birth control pill? Hoping I may not have to as i'm pretty regular.
When do you find out about your husband? xx

Hiya, I had 3 IVF cycles at Melbourne IVF and all failed sadly. I have low AMH but on my first cycle after my last failed IVF cycle I got a natural BFP :shrug: We're still in shock tbh but I hope you get your BFP first time :hugs::hugs: if there's anything I can help with just let me know. There's not many aussies on here but there are few kicking around :)

Hi Girls,

I have just started with IVF Australia in Sydney ( Bondi J), this is my first cycle so nervous, positive and all else rolled into one. So far they seem good, although am only on day 6 of Gonal F at this stage.
Good luck to you all, good to hear the postives. Crystal am pleased for you and i don't even know you :)
Wish and wait i hope you get wonderful news on all aspects very soon.
We have been ttc for 1 year and 3 months, have amh of 1.1 and hubby has slightly below average morphology.
xx

Thanks :hugs::hugs: my AMH was 6.7 in Dec but for some reason nothing would fertilise :shrug: and FS couldn't figure out why, my AMH is low but something should have fertilised. I only got 3 eggs each time too but that's not horrible that's average for low AMH. I'm currently 37 and have a daughter 15 and a son 14, we've been trying since our son to have #3. Still not sure the why's and why not's but we got there in the end :thumbup:

Hi Wish, thanks for your kind words, I also really hope that we can cycle again using DH's sperm. As DH has to have TESE to get sperm, we've been told that if they do find cancer then that will be the end of our fert treatments using his sperm as it is too risky doing biopsy; they can spread cancer cells to the surrounding skin:nope: So sorry about your BFN with your IUI, hang in there though; I think your chances are much higher with ICSI, especially if there are some lazy sperm issues... When I did my stim cycle I didn't have to go on the pill; I did a short antagonist cycle and started with (I think it was) Puregon. Are you nervous about the injections? I was so nervous then found it so easy when it came time for it, so don't worry too much. Also I was really lucky that I had no bad reaction to the meds. Sending loads of :dust:

Dancing queen; how are you finding IVFA? I've heard that they're very good at Bondi. Sending loads of :hugs: your way for this cycle.

Crystal; congrats on your pregnancy. It sounds like you've waited a long time for this one. Wishing you a healthy & happy 9 months :flower:

Crystal- Congratulations! Stories like yours give me hope...Sometimes it seems like you're chasing a ghost but then you hear success stories and it reignites something I guess.

Dancing Queen- Awesome that you've started....I can't wait to. Any side effects so far?

MJ- I had a peek at your journal....wow!! You guys seem to have a great relationship and I really hope you get some good news, you've had a tough journey but you have a great attitude- it's really refreshing. I'm not worried about the injections.. my best mate has gestational diabetes and I gave myself a (dry) needle cause I was curious,... haha weird! Im petrified of the 2ww more than anything! Was it as hard as what I imagine?

AFM- I have counselling and financials Friday, FS on Thursday..all tests are done and dusted, I've taken off my knickers for strangers more times than my husband the last few months! They run a regional satellite clinic quarterly in my town so I'm hoping to catch the June run otherwise I have to travel to Melbourne or wait until September. I'll know more Thursday!

Hey ladies,

Just wondering if there was any Aussie girls out there starting IVF in the next few months?
My husband and I are probably starting IVF through Monash in May/June.....
Anyone have some success stories?

Me- 28 and healthy
DH-29 low morphology and marginal motility

Love to hear from anyone!

Hi wishandwait, I'm another Aussie going done the IVF route. We are doing our first iui this month through QFG (Qld Fertility Group). I'm really hoping that it works! Good luck to you on this journey. :flower:

Hey Sam welcome! Good luck with the IUI....I had one last month but BFN for me. I'm in Vic... it's freezing atm. When do you go in?

Hi Wish, Not quite sure when I will be going in. It was supposed to be last Friday but my follies were being stubborn so I'm still waiting. I go in for more b/w tomorrow so hopefully with the increased injection of puregon they have grown. fx'd

GL with your testing in a few days.
:dust:

Hi girls
It's nice to see some Aussies on here !
I'm also with IVFA bondi and I find them great (especially FS)
However my first cycle has just ended with a crashing halt . I got AF a few days before my test date . Was very sad as who knows what happened. I will probably do a FET in June

Mj I am so sorry to hear about your DH that must be really scary for both of you. Hope he is ok and you can continue your ttc

GL ladies all the best with your cycles

Hi ladies,

Another Aussie here going down the ivf road, our first cycle was a bfn in march & I'm currently in the 2ww after our first FET (5dp5dt) I'm on the west coast using Hollywood fertility centre :)
wishing everyone some baby dust luck!

Just a quickie from me.

Hi sheri76, aleja & sam :flower:

Wish, I know what you mean about taking off your knickers more times for others than our hubbies. I think everyone in Sydney has had a peek down there now :blush: Yep, DH & I are very lucky to have a great relationship; the main thing that has got us through all this madness I think. We have the scan & the ultrasound today but unfortunately won't see the urologist for 2 more weeks, so I don't think we'll get any definitive answer re the cancer for at least a couple more weeks, which is extremely frustrating:dohh: Hope your counselling & financials went well :hugs:

Thanks for the welcome ladies.

MJ - Thinking positive thoughts for you and I hope that you get good news with your Dh's test results. :hugs:

AFM: I had my 1st iui this morning, so hopefully I get a sticky bean have my :bfp: in 2 weeks.

:dust: to everyone

Hi Aussie ladies,

So good to hear some good news congrats to u who have got your bfp,
I have a low amh 2.1 been ttc for almost 2 years, on day 7 of puregon 300 iu, bloodiest tomorrow, ultrasound Monday & hopefully egg extraction Wednesday , feeling quite nervous about Wednesday, can anyone tell me what it's like???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->