Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hi Girls,

Ah MJ73, i am sending you a massive hug.
I am really hoping everything will be okay for you guys. Hopefully you will get favorable results XX.
Taylah...yes it is a bit of a mad time this! I am really trying not to think about it, but YES what is with the sharp sneezing pain i have also been getting that.
I have been almost crying as i have thoughts like...ok that's it!it will have dislodged itself now even if it has attached! Isn't it awful how your mind reacts??
I will look at the other thread.
I am scared to test as they have said its very unreliable...could you imagine if it was a positive which actually wasn't a positive!
I am testing on the 23rs May
xx

Hi mj73, that must be so stressful, if they don't think it is cancer, how come you will have to use donor sperm? Once he gets the all clear won't it be ok or is there another issue with his sperm? & yes I'm going crazy already I'm only 3 days past day 5 transfer with a great looking blastocyst

To be honest, it seems to me that the Dr is taking the path of least regret, as DH only has one undescended testicle, the other is up in the groin. The feeling I got from the Dr, was that if DH had 2 descended testes then they would just remove the one that has had a lesion show up on ultrasound. The reason that we cannot do any IVF procedures on that is that I think (in my opinion) that they obviously still suspect that it could be cancer & if it is then the risk of spreading cancer cells is too great. But I agree, it's a bit annoying/confusing. "We don't think you have cancer, but just in case you do, we can't do any IVF using that teste".... :wacko:

Sending you some
:dust:
:dust:
:dust: & some :af: :af: :af: :af:

& I hear these are good too :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: For your 2WW xx

hi ladies,
mj i am so sorry to hear you and your DH are going through this. it is bad enough having to worry about ivf stuff i can't imagine how you would feel with your DH's health scare. i can see why they have to take no risks with this but as you said it represents a huge loss for you anyway for future babies.

DancingQueen and Taylah, hope you girls are hanging in there.. yes time is suspended when you are waiting around for BT date. yikes i am not sure how you get through it..especially those pessaries which I hated the most!
GL

Hi mj - hope u guys get the all clear, it seems strange they can't be sure on the results, must be so stressful, I would be pushing for more tests or something even if it is just to know your hubby is ok!

Hi dancing queen - I tested2 days after transfer to make sure trigger was gone to make sure I didn't get a false positive my official test date isn't till 25 th which is 14 days after transfer there is no way in hell I can wait that long so I'm testing on Sunday which is 6 days after transfer, then probably a couple of days after that, are u going really going to wait till the 23rd?

Hi aleja - how r u going?

Hi taylah I am ok but don't have any news ..I'm just keeping an eye on my cycle this month to see if it goes back to normal (after the Stim) . I have long cycles but I don't want it to be too long as I want to do the FET next month . The problem is that clinic is closing in July for renos!!!! So I have a bit of a dead line to meet if I want a june FET ...otherwise I will be waiting till AUgust which seems like years away

GL for Sunday .. You are so brave to be testing early !

Thanks aleja, not really brave just impatient, hope u meet your deadline, that sucks your clinic will be closed, I hate waiting

Hi my Aussie friends thought I would give an update as I think I have news- tested this morning 6dp5dt & got a really faint positive - not convinced yet so not celebrating yet, I will test again in the morning
How is everyone else going?

Finally found where to set up signature, just not showing up yet

Tested again this morning, positive line a bit darker - yay!
How is everyone going? Haven't heard from any of you for a while!

Tested again this morning, positive line a bit darker - yay!
How is everyone going? Haven't heard from any of you for a while!

Oh wow Taylah! Awesome news hun. Massive congratulatory hugs to you, you must so happy. When is your official test? Xx :happydance:

hey taylah, congratulations that is awesome news! your impatience is working for you!!! yay...
when is your BT?

Thanks guys official test day is Friday, keeping my fingers crossed :)

Hi Guys.

Taylah that is great news , am so pleased for you. XX

I am a BFN, period started late monday afternoon...so crap , crap and more crap! anyway hopefully next time.
XX

hi dancingqueen, so sorry to hear that....:hugs:.yikes it sucks getting AF just like that. take time to grieve the loss as it does hurt...however are you having the BT anyway? just in case......

Thanks aleja & mj & dancing queen - so sorry about your bfn, fingers crossed next time is your turn , keep us posted I will keep checking in on my Aussie friends xxx

Hi Girls,
Cheers for the encouragement and kindness :) and Taylah such good news!!

Did my BT yesterday ans it is definitley BFN ( dunno how to get the flashing lights etc to show this but you know what i mean).
Taylah, I had a docs consult today and he suggested DHEA, have been reading about it and it looks like mostly positive feedback. I notice you were on that, do you mind me asking what dosage? and how you found it? Any bad side effects for you?
Doc has suggested 25mg per day until pregnant and i have amh 1.1.

Hi dancing Queen, I took DHEA 25mg 3 times a day for 3 months, was told to stop taking it when i started ivf stims, I think it is definitely worth giving it a go my amh was extremely low too, my fs prescribed it & I bought it from a pharmacy who had to order it in - took a couple of days to come in, cost $240.00 for 3 month supply, my skin broke out for about a week & I had a few headaches In the first couple of weeks then no other side effects after that, my fs then put me on high dosage of Stims straight away puregon 300iu & I ended up with 13 eggs at retrieval when my fs thought I would struggle to get 4, I haven't had my amh tested again so can't say if amh numbers went up but I know that more & more fs are starting to use & believe in it, it's a bit of a pain taking 3 pills a day - but it worked for me so I say go for it hun, best of luck to you, I hope it works for you too, if you want to know anything else, please ask I don't mind At all xx & sorry about your bfn xx

Hi Girla,

Taylah thank so much for that. It really is a worry reading all the scary stuff on line about heart palpitations etc etc, i was wondering should i honestly take it.
Nothing ventured nothing gained tho eh? So how did you got today at your appt? you musta been walking on air:)

MJ73 and aleja, how are you girls both doing?
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->