Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hi Aussie ladies,

So good to hear some good news congrats to u who have got your bfp,
I have a low amh 2.1 been ttc for almost 2 years, on day 7 of puregon 300 iu, bloodiest tomorrow, ultrasound Monday & hopefully egg extraction Wednesday , feeling quite nervous about Wednesday, can anyone tell me what it's like???

Hi taylah, I had my egg collection in feb & was quite nervous too but it really wasn't too bad, got to the hospital at 8am & was on my home by 1pm, got 11 eggs from 8 follicles. Was a lil bit sore but only for a day or 2...
Good luck :flower:

Hey Girls...
Taylah ....How are you? hope you are doing well.
I have just had my last ultrasound & bloods today before my egg collection on Monday ( excited and crapping myself at same time:)
I will post on Monday/Tuesday to let you know how i go as its my first cycle too. Any other ladies out there who can offer some advice??
Stomach currently feeling like i have had a bicycle pump blow me up, but at least so far all is going the right direction.
Am finding IVFA at Bondi good , most of the staff are extremely nice.
Good luck xxx

Hi girls
Good luck with the egg pick up dancing queen & taylah , as sheri mentioned its not too bad but really does feel like you are going in for day surgery .
Dancing queen the staff at the day surgery are really nice and will look after you well. You will wake up from the deep sedation with a number written on the palm of your hand telling you the number of eggs they hauled.
I was very bloated too . I was told to drink 2L water per day before and after EPU to help avoid ohss

Mj hope the tests went well today

Hey Girls,
Hope all is well :)
Thanks for the advice Sheri and Aleja on what to expect...totally right, a lil but sore but nowt the drugs won't fix!Staff were lovely too at Maroubra. In at 9:30 and home by 12:30.
Just had the egg collection this morning and they got 6 eggs out of nine follicles which isn't too bad for my low amh. Out of those 5 were mature and those were ICSI'd.
Taylah, best of luck hun. Keep smiling.
Baby dust to us all.
xx

:flower:Hi dancing queen congrats on the EPU. 6 is pretty good and hopefully you will recover well from the retrieval . When is your transfer?

Hi other ladies!

Hi ladies,
Update for me had egg collection got 13, 13 fertilized, transfer on Monday
How are all u other Aussies going?

Hi Guys,
Taylah that is FAB! go girl!!
I am having my transfer tomorrow, out of the 5 , 3 fertilised and one apparently is a stand out, the other good enough and the last one is still growing but slowly.
So to keep my humour in all this i am referring to the good one as they olympic athlete! haha
How are the rest of you lovely ladies going?
XXX

Hi dancing queen good luck with you egg transfer tomorrow, let us know how it goes wishing you lots of sticky baby dust, hope your olympic athlete wins the race, if so you will have to name him or her after your fav athlete ha ha, as they say you only need one !
I'm going in on Monday so we can be on the 2ww together

Hi ladies good luck on your transfers hope everything goes smoothly. Will you be getting 1 or 2 embies put back in? I didn't even have an option ..my FS made me sign a consent form for the transfer of 1 only .
take it easy for the 2ww no doubt it will become harder to stay sane !!!

Me: I got my first acupuncture session today ..I thought I'd try it leading up to my FET which will be in June. I don't know if I believe it will help with anything but at the very least just to feel more relaxed

Hi everyone else enjoy your weekends !

Hi ladies good luck on your transfers hope everything goes smoothly. Will you be getting 1 or 2 embies put back in? I didn't even have an option ..my FS made me sign a consent form for the transfer of 1 only .
take it easy for the 2ww no doubt it will become harder to stay sane !!!

Me: I got my first acupuncture session today ..I thought I'd try it leading up to my FET which will be in June. I don't know if I believe it will help with anything but at the very least just to feel more relaxed

Hi everyone else enjoy your weekends !

Hi aleja same here only transferring 1, they like to play it safe risk is too high for birth defects in twins, as they say it only takes one sticky one :-0

Hi Girls,

Transfer done....i was so nervous...thank goodness i had the accupuncture done before i went it otherwise i may have been a disaster!haha
They transferred 1, and yeah i was same there wasn't really another option given in terms of 1 or 2 going in, and in the end i had only one which reached blastocyst anyway.

Taylah best of luck for the transfer on Monday, will be thinking of you.
Ps Here is to the sticky ones! hehe
xxx

Yes they are so strict with the number of embryos being transferred but i felt a bit bummed out that the just toss out all the embies deemed not good enough. On these threads you see ladies getting pregnant with all sorts of embies not just the good looking blasties .

Hey dancing queen how long/often are you doing the acupuncture ? I am thinking of doing it weekly during my next FET . Even if it's merely for relaxing

Taylah and dancing wishing to lots of baby dust over the next fortnight . Keep us posted

That's great news dancing queen hope its a sticky one for u, will let u know how I go tomorrow happy mothers day !
Likewise aleja xx

Hi all, How are you?

Taylah hope all has went well for you today. x

Aleja, yeah i do the acupuncture once a week at a place in Newtown, called house of fertility and healing. I see a girl called Ilana she is just lovely. I even feel more relaxed as soon as i go in the door. Worth considering for sure.
I notice i have even been sleeping better too.

Baby dust to all.
XXXX

Hi girls how is the 2ww going?

Dancingqueen I am going to acu at the place next door to Maroubra clinic. It's very convenient but a bit pricey . I am going to do the acu during the next FET cycle . I fell asleep during the last session. The lady was great and she asked more questions about my cycles than my FS did!!
When is your BT? Do u think you will test soon?

Hi ladies, I'm going mad on the 2ww already, I can't believe how slow it is going, I tested yesterday just to make sure the trigger shot was out of my system & it is , can't wait to test for real, oh my god I just sneezed & got the sharpest pain in my stomach, what is that about? Anyway, dancing queen when is your test date?? I started a thread about how long after transfer did you get a bfp, and some ladies got a bfp as early as 5 days after day 5 transfer, so that makes me tempted to test early - my test date isn't until the 25th, I doubt very much I will make it till then,
on the acupuncture topic, I tried it & I don't like it at all, I much prefer a full body relaxation massage with some beautiful aromatherapy oils, sticky baby dust to all u Aussie ladies,

Where aremy Aussie buddies???

I'm here hun. How are you coping on your 2ww? I go nuts by the beginning of the second week. Sending lots of :dust::dust::dust: your way xx

Sorry I haven't been on, we had some mixed results re Simon's cancer scare. They don't think it's cancer, but are playing it safe & we aren't allowed to use that testicle for any IVF procedures because if it is cancer, then the risk of spreading cancer cells is too great. So we have one more frozen emby to try with, but after that its on to donor sperm. Just grieving that I probably will never have my beautiful husband's biological child. Very sad.

Hi mj73, that must be so stressful, if they don't think it is cancer, how come you will have to use donor sperm? Once he gets the all clear won't it be ok or is there another issue with his sperm? & yes I'm going crazy already I'm only 3 days past day 5 transfer with a great looking blastocyst

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->