Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hey,
Wish your nursery looks awesome. I love your style its a bit vintage and quirky.
I am going to have a baby shower too but I don't really want excess gifts- or anything fancy. Was just thinking of asking guests to bring 1 practical item ( eg wipes) to it into a basket..

Maddy I wouldn't test on Mother's Day either there's no point spoiling a good day if its a negative ( but what if it is positive !?)

Chook, sorry about the negative. Since you can fall pregnant naturally why are you doing IVF ? Could you take meds to sustain a pregnancy during a natural cycle ?

Hey aleja, we have only had 3 pregnancies in over three years ( i had one in a previous relationship as well ) so the doctors are not willing to put me on prednisolone, plaquenil, clexane injections etc unless we are doing iui's or Ivf. The kicker is we can't try falling pregnant unless we are being monitored because without the medication I will miscarry. Feel like we have been backed into a corner xox

So sorry to hear about the bfn Chook, sending you lots of :hugs: xx

Good luck with testing Maddy :thumbup: xx

Wish the nursery looks beautiful! What a great idea about the packages :) xx

When is your baby shower Aleja? xx I'm having mine on the 18th May due to family being overseas for my cousins wedding.

AFM not much happening, going for my GD test on the 21st May. The women asked me if I had any allergies and I told her I was a Coeliac and she giggled, then said you are going to just love the drink. I said is it really that bad and she said no but the gluten free one is like drinking sand :haha:

Hey ladies I got some good news tonight my cousin is 14 weeks pregnant! After 5 years an on her sixth Ivf cycle. I really believe everyone will get there miracle xxx

wish- love hearing stories like that :)

Got my surgery date, we don't have private so its a long wait..27th November! And the doctor doesn't want to do another transfer before the surgery. We are on the cancellation list so hoping we'll get in sooner..or fall naturally..wouldn't that be nice. So now I'm feeling frustrated...such a long wait..sucks!

Hi Jiggy :flower: I'm sorry about your failed cycles. Good luck with your paper - I'm sorry I'm not in a position to participate, still being in my first cycle :hugs:

Oh Take...:hugs: I do hope a cancellation comes through.

Red... ooh the GD test sounds like it will be 'interesting' for you :haha:

Wish...wow that's amazing news :yipee: Your cousin and her family must be thrilled. Gave me goosebumps!

Kirs_t...how are you doing :hugs2: Happy it's the weekend?

Hi girls
Take that is soooo frustrating!! How much is the surgery up front?
Make sure you keep bugging them for a cancellation appt!

Chook, okay I see.i guess the doctors have to be monitoring very closely. That must be so hard to know you can fall pregnant but it doesn't last :(
Do they know what is causing the miscarriages?

Wish that is lovely news about your cousin. Did you know she was cycling? What a trooper she is going through 6 cycles. The hard work has paid off.

Ms Red wow your baby shower is next week! Yay! How many guests are you having and any themes? I am thinking mine will be last week June at35 weeks. It's also my last week of work so id rather wait till then. I will be huge!!!!
My glucose test is next Saturday so I will let you know how it goes.
Wish and Red Have you been weighing yourself? I have this obsession of weighing in every fortnight and I am up 5.5kg. Doesn't see like much but my frame isn't that big so I am feeling it!
Kirst these are the fun things to look forward to!

So maddy... POAS today?? :)

Take that is so frustrating :( I really hope you get an earlier appointment!

Good luck today maddy!! Xxx

Maddy! Yahhoooooooooo!!!! I'm so so happy for you and your family!
I have been thinking about you all morning- BEST Mother's Day ever :)

Maddy yayayayayayayayayayayayaahahahayyayayayayyayayayay! That's fantastic news happy Mother's Day for tomorrow! So happy for you mate!

Aleja...I've put on 16.5kgs.... I'm disgusting hahahhaha

And take, that waiting time is shite! I get not wanting to pay private though, I did when I had mine cause it was outside my private health waiting period.. It was about 1700 out of pocket all up, not a small amount. Saying that it usually increases your chances of conceiving once its been done, especially if you have a 'dye' too xx

Happy Mothers Day ladies, to those with children, to those expecting and to those still hoping and trying, I wish you all a special day and we all deserve a little spoiling x

Maddy- Woo Hoo..that's really fantastic news :)

OMG MADDY!!! That is the best news ever, Congrats hun xx :wohoo:

That is fantastic news about you cousin Take :dance: xx

Take how shit that you have to wait that long, hopefully there is a cancellation :hugs: xx

Aleja - I was talking to a friend about her baby shower, she had it at 35 weeks and wished she had it earlier as she was so tired and just didn't feel like having people over lol. I have put on 100g so far, that's only because I was so sick in the beginning xx

AFM I have a cold atm, so feeling like rubbish :(

OMG maddy!!!!!!
Well what a Mother's Day it has turned out to be for you !!!!!
Congratulations honey xxxx

Wish, that is not disgusting you are pregnant and heavily preggers ! As long as bubs is happy you can always lose it later.
Ms Red 100 g!!!!!!! Wow you must have been so sick . I hope this stage is over.

Red... 100g is a gain though :) You might be like my mum - the day after I was born my Mum weighed less than before I was conceived :haha:

Wish... so long as baby is happy and healthy and Mum is too, that's all that matters :hugs:

Thanks for all the good wishes, it still doesn't seem real. But I already booked into the birthing centre :thumbup: The one in Canberra is small and you pretty much have to book the moment you POAS. The best thing about IVF I guess is knowing so soon that you are UTD :winkwink:

Hahahhaha you ladies are too kind but 16kgs is excessive! This was me the day we conceived....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79