Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

hi ladies, wow there is a lot happening here-i love it!

welcome back MJ!! so glad to hear you doing well with your little man after a busy few months. When i saw your status i suddenly thought you were preggo again with your second but I guess you havent had time to update:haha:

Chook, despite the embys not going to plan, I am glad you have 2 in there at the moment. hopefully they will love your uterus and make themselves at home. As per usual IVf never goes to plan-it is unfortunately one of the things that is most frustrating.

Kirst, i couldn't help but giggle at the thought of you on the couch. yep i still don't know who are the women who are glowing in their pregnancies. i think its a whole lot of bs!!

wish, your husband sounds hilarious. my DH has also been eating a lot..they do say men get sympathy symptoms during pregnancy so maybe this explains it??
i have been watching 'One born every minute'. The other day they had a woman who went through ivf and was having quadruples!!!!! she was huge. and it was so dangerous for hers and babies health.
i couldn't help but feel a bit funny about the idea that a doctor (and the patient consenting) would implant so many embryos that could have led to this. I am grateful that Australia does have stricter policies about transfers.

having said this - Valentine - I did have a double transfer for my final FET. this was my 4th cycle so FS suggested I do it. To be honest I think he was losing hope in my embryos too by this stage (we started with 5 blasts). I was 34 at the time.
I think it depends on age and how many transfers you have previously had. I did take a risk of multiples but I was getting desperate i guess. I was relieved when I was told there is only 1 baby in there but makes me think what happened to the other embryo:shrug:

Red, your DH is lucky he has felt your bubba..my DH hasn't yet. I think he is a bit impatient..he only leaves his hand on my tummy for a few seconds before giving up. hmmmm

Take, i can't give you many words of wisdom about temping. I absolutely hated it, well especially after being a Fertility Friend fantatic for 12 months until finding out your DH has very low sperm count therefore it was pointless :haha:
i hope you give it a good shot this month x

i lovely ladies, nice to see everyone posting, love seeing everyones updates, wish- as usual i'm giggling again 'unnecessary sex', how true!

So FF gave me back my crosshairs this morning, O date still Thursday which was CD11 but I've had temps below coverline yesterday and today 4 and 5dpo, sigh confused again!

Valentine- I had 1 transfered on my fresh cycle because thats all the clinic will do on your first try but they agreed to 2 being transferred last time

Good luck today with your transfer maddy!!!

hi Ladies just a quick update - transferred 1 x 5-day blast today. Unfortunately none of the others were suitable for freezing, so this is our one and only shot!

:loopy::tease:Well done Maddy.... Now the waiting and madness begins x

Great that the transfer went well! Snuggle in little embie! Hope the next two weeks fly by for you maddy :)

Yay maddy!!! Congratulations on being pupo!!! Fingers crossed your little blast snuggles in! Sorry to hear there was none to freeze hun xox

Best news maddy congrats on being PUPO!! Now rest up, drink lots of milo and relax xx

How's the TWW treating you Maddy and chook?

How are the pregnant girls?

Take- are you in your natural cycle TWW too? How's it going?

How's the TWW treating you Maddy and chook?

I'm okay thanks :flower:....just very hormonal today. I'm embarrassed at my reaction to the birth of my new niece this afternoon but won't repeat it all here - if anyone is interested I've posted a long rant in my journal linked below. Warning - it ain't pretty :nope:

No physical symptoms - not that I was expecting any at this stage - except for the Crinone effects.

How is everyone else?

Hey kirst, to be honest I'm a moody, greasy, pimple faced, bloated cow lol! Can't decide if its the steroids, plaquenil, crinone or the pregnyl boosters causing it or just a big fat mix of them all haha! I think my partner is ready to pack his bags and high tail it for the hills haha!
But other then all that I'm good! Still PUPO!!!

How are you feeling? Xox

Hi girls, happy Saturday! I'm having a lazy morning after being out and about all day and night yesterday .
I went to OB in the day time. Bub is a fatty- he is measuring over 1 week ahead! I asked OB about attending a loud music concert as I had tickets for Tool last night. OB said its fine unless I stand next to speaker.
Nevertheless this morning I am feeling a bit guilty- Tool was awesome but very loud and heavy music and exposed my little bubba to it all. I wore a few layers and then DH and friends all gave me their jackets to pile on my belly in an attempt to muffle the sound.

Maddy I read your diary, don't feel bad about your feelings about your brother or new niece . It's all part of the grief of infertility especially when you are smack bang on the middle of a cycle.
For me i felt it more work.. Going through failed IVF and FETs whilst 3 of my colleagues fell pregnant within 1 month of each other. It was like someone is playing a cruel trick on me.

I totally agree with FB being horrid when ppl are going on about their pregnancies or new babies. I have deliberately not mentioned my pregnancy at all on FB. My friends/family ready know so I don't see the need to give updates . Plus I have a couple of friends who are still trying to fall pregnant and I would hate for them to feel upset with my posts.

Kirst, how is the MS going ?
And Chook, will you be pee testing ??

....... I'm a moody, greasy, pimple faced, bloated cow lol! Can't decide if its the steroids, plaquenil, crinone or the pregnyl boosters causing it or just a big fat mix of them all.......

:thumbup::haha::rofl: Oh thank god someone else feels this way. Today I am alternating between zen calmness and freaky crying jags. Although I think the crying is understandable since my mother just posted pics on FB of herself and my new niece - my inner child is foot-stamping & saying IT WAS MY TURN :growlmad:

:friends:

Maddy I read your diary, don't feel bad about your feelings about your brother or new niece . It's all part of the grief of infertility especially when you are smack bang on the middle of a cycle.
For me i felt it more work.. Going through failed IVF and FETs whilst 3 of my colleagues fell pregnant within 1 month of each other. It was like someone is playing a cruel trick on me.

Thank you Aleja, it really DOES help to know that others understand. Because much as my Mum is my rock and doing her best, it's a bit of a minefield for people around us, isn't it :shrug: I have now hidden SIL and brother on my FB and I plan to ask Mum when she next calls to cool it with the baby talk. I'm sooo lucky to have her, and I know she will be understanding and won't question me about it.

Maddy- don't feel bad at all! I always feel like that with my sil. She is due to give birth to her third baby, just one week after ours would have been due but we m/c. She's also preggo with the first girl of the family and of course it was an 'accident.' And the other day my mil actually said at family dinner something about her grandkids 'I have two grandkids and ONE on the way.' I didn't say a word- and just sat there thinking it's TWO on the way :( they knew about our pregnancy at the time, but it was before the first scan so I guess decided it was not 'real' yet. Sheesh.... What a whinge I've jut got on! A few issues for me there! Sorry girls. Point of the story is that I feel like stamping my feet all the time in front of my sil and her perfect kids and bump (even though I love them all desperately at the same time!) I hear you maddy- and I hope you're ok x

Aleja- don't worry about your bubba! I bet he loved the music and all the vibrations. It will be funny if he likes that music when he comes out :) xxx

Oh Maddy so feeling for you, it sucks hey. I have to be all happy and excited every time my daughter tells people she's going to be a big sister, they all look at me and I have to quickly let them know its her step mum expecting not me...sigh!!

Sending you lots of :hugs: Maddy, I have watched people fall pregnant after me, go on to have their babies while I m/c one after the other. You will get your rainbow hun xx

Thanks guys. Somehow a lovely sunny Sunday makes things seem so much better :thumbup:

Oh Kirs_t, I would have clocked your MIL if I was you - good on you for being so restrained :hugs:

Take, that must be sooo hard :nope: And it's not like you can 'turn off' the chatter like I've been able to stop reading Facebook :hugs2:

MissRed, I guess I just have to sit back and enjoy the ride for now :coffee: as much as that is possible anyways. In 7 days time we'll know one way or another. Oh I'm so tired :sleep: of the TWW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->