Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Hey maddy first of all congrats on being PUPO! Hoping the next seven days fly for you and two lovely lines await. I too sympathize so much with you after reading your journal. I have hugged friends and relatives in 'congratulations' and then cried all the way home. I've been plagued with guilt for having the darkest thoughts... I realized I may not be able to help how I feel but I can help how I act, I was polite and reassuring about their news but shared how I felt with my partner and stopped feelin bad about being pissed off. There really is nothing else emotionally that compares to infertility. The pain never leaves us but I really believe it makes it that much sweeter and deserved when it does happen! I still have friends blocked from when I found out they were pregnant!!

How are you going in the tww chook?
Kirst, any let up of the spewing?
Aleja and red, how you feeling?
How is everyone else?

I'm 32 weeks today and so bloody grateful I've got this far. I cannot wait to get this baby out for a snuggle! Work is becoming increasingly crap and I'm not sleeping, I'm making the most of the last few weeks were the hubby and I will be 'alone' xx

32 weeks wish! That is so fantastic :) I'm sorry work is getting harder though... Any chance you can finish earlier? Do they look after you there? Not long at all until you'll be having baby snuggles with your little girl! Xxx

Chook and maddy- the tww is absolutely torturous... Hope you guys are hanging in there xx
Take - where abouts are you up to in your cycle? Tww too?

I am still feeling pretty crappy with the m/s... but I think it might be getting a little better??? I've at least had a couple of days this week where it wasn't all day sickness and I had a bit of a break! I took our dog for a walk to the local park the other day and had the mortifying experience of puking in public!!
We have another scan this Tuesday and I am completely terrified... Ill be 9 weeks and if baby is still growing strong... I might be able to relax a little? Please hang in there little baby!!

Wish- On the last leg now..how exciting x

Kirsty- The morning sickness is so unbearable, when I was pregnant with Keyara I couldn't wait for it to stop but when it did I wanted it back cause I didn't feel pregnant anymore lol

I am CD21, FF took my cross hairs away again but I think I may have ovulated Friday, hopefully will get crosshairs tomorrow, other than that all boring with me.

Hi to everyone else xx

Hi gals, wish of wow 32 weeks that must feel amazing to think you will be meeting your little girl so soon. I hear the last few weeks drag on though and I can see why!
You are absolutely right about infertility pain not going away . It is like a battle scar..
I was lurking around the pregnancy forums and realised I don't fit in at all with ladies who get knocked up and announce it on FB within a few days. Heck I can't even bring myself to say anything FB until baby safe and healthy in my arms.

Maddy Chook and Take let's hope you all hit the jack pot - that would just be unreal.

Kirst- I am thinking of you for Tuesday but the fact you have already seen a HB is such a good sign x

Hey girls, I haven't been on for a few days because I banned myself lol. Started googling everything and obsessing so I have some reading to do to catch up. I'm 9dp5dt and started testing the trigger out at 7dp5dt. Unfortunately it's faded out to a squinter so I know it hasn't worked. Pretty guttered. Oh well we will just have to lift our chins and do it again.
Hope you are all well xox

Oh chook its not over yet..are you having a beta? You haven't got AF yet so dont rule yourself out. Big hugs x

Chook- I'm so sorry to hear :( i hope that its not over yet and you get some good news soon xxx

I just wanted to update and let you ladies know that our scan went really well today! Baby is looking great and even has arms and legs now :) heart rate was good at 182! We are just so relieved and thrilled that things are still looking good. The next big milestone is 12 week scan on the 29th may!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx any news for you maddy? Xxx

Chook- here's hoping the beta comes up with a slow riser.. If not, have a enjoy a big fat booze up and onto next round hey. Xxx
Kirsti- I'm so so SO happy for you hun... I've got a great friend who is pregnancy dates matches yours exactly! I think of you when I see her so ill be able to keep track of your progress. Xx

Aww kirst that's awesome. Congratulations hunny. Would have been so amazing for you to see and i hope the morning sickness has settled for you xox

Thanks for the support girls!!! Unfortunately Westmead doesn't do beta tests so its just the good old wee sticks. I will keep testing anyway but we both know it hasn't worked xox

chook- im feeling for you, big glass of wine and some soft cheeses in order x

Kirsty- I'm so happy for you..how exciting, not long until your 12 week scan and hopefully then you can relax a little :)

Ladies, anyone have a hysteroscopy or laproscopy?? Doctor wants me to have one, he isn't happy with my cycles and how wacky they have been

Oh Wish, how exciting to be soooo close now :flower: Are you all organised?

Take, I had a hysteroscopy and fibroid removal (I had an internal fibroid) at the same time :wacko: My goodness the pictures were a-mazing! I had to stay in hospital 1 night as the fibroid removal was quite difficult, but it was the fibroid op, not the hysteroscope itself that was the cause.

Kirs_t I'm so glad the scan went well. You must be sooo relieved :happydance:

Chook hon :hugs: When is your 'official' wee date? I hope a proper double-line appears by then.

AFM nothing much to report - Sunday is my test day. Yup a Mother's Day I will remember, one way or another!

My wee date is also Mother's Day. I had a longer time to test because of all the booster shots they didn't want me to get a false positive. Couldn't bring myself to wait till Mother's Day. Xox

Maddy and chook I'm hoping for a Mother's Day to remember for you both!!! You ladies both deserve some good news!

Take I've had a lap done and it was a day procedure, pretty easy really.. Worst bit was the shoulder pain for a few days after from the has they use to blow your tummy up. They can't get all of it out so it settles in the highest point it can get to. Besides that it was fine..are they going to do a dye too?

Kirst I am so pleased for you! It is crazy to think the little bean already has limbs- they grow so fast. Wait till the 12 week scan it looks like a little person already :)

Chook, its still a bit early to test if your test date is on Sunday? Oh I really hate the wee sticks!!! They cause so much anxiety
Maddy, what a day it will be if you get a bfp. Will you test earlier?

So wish have you got everything ready like the nursery? And are you having a baby shower??

Hey aleja how you feeling? I had the baby shower a couple of weeks ago and it was humbling how sweet everyone was. Got completely spoilt I kinda felt bad about how much she got...I have a good friend who lives in Kenya and works in an orphanage so I've started making up some packages to send her of the excess stuff....
Nursery has a long way to go but here's some pics of what I've got so far..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 12
Wish - what a great idea about the packs. The nursery looks great :)

Aleja - Mother's Day is official test day and will be 11dp5dt (2 days after AF would normally be due for me). I'm thinking I might test a day or two earlier though. I really don't want my weekend or Mother's Day ruined by a negative - that wouldn't be fair to my two older kids.

Chook - hugs. I really hope that squinter turns into glaring brightness.

Love the nursery wish!!

Good luck for testing maddy xxx everything is crossed for you :)

Your nursery looks awesome wish! I love it xox

Good luck maddy. I have everything crossed for you xox

I'm 10dp5dt and its a bfn!!! Argh so frustrating. I was falling naturally but kept miscarrying so I was put on loads of drugs to prevent another miscarriage. Unfortunately I think the drugs are now preventing me from falling pregnant. It's been 12 months since our last pregnancy. I really wish I still drank. Would be nice to write myself off right about now lol.

Hope you are all having a great day xox

Chook I'm sorry - your story really resonates with me. It's almost exactly 12 months since we found we were pregnant (loss at just over 11weeks) and since then we've had one definite pregnancy via IUI (low but rising HCG until 4th blood test when it was all gone), and a 'near miss' (HCG present but constant/not rising). Nothing seems to stick and it's just not fair.

I talked to DH and we've decided to test early - DH agrees best not to be distracted either way, BFN or BFP, on Mother's Day. Not sure when yet. But have developed an awful headache and lots of odd twinges in the lower pelvic area this afternoon. Never had that before...I wonder if something's happening?

Hi there. I have been through 2 IUI and 2 IVF cycles in country NSW so far with no success. I have severe Endometriosis and will be having more surgery in July and I am then thinking of a third lot of IVF. Approaching 39 it's all a bit scary.

I'm actually writing a feature article for University study on IVF and I'm hoping to get some stories from other women who have been through IVF without success at this stage. If anyone would be happy to answer a few general questions and share some of their story with me that would be great. It can all be totally anonymous I would just like to get some experiences other than my own.

Let me know if willing, I might post a thread with some questions and go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->