Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Oh take- I'm so sorry I didn't see that post when I wrote last time. So glad everything is looking good... I know how scary spotting can be! That beta is fantastic :)

Wish- I'm so glad everything went ok with your beautiful bubba too xxx been thinking of you! Not long till she'll be safely in your arms xxx

Wish- yay, I had a feeling all would be fine, that's such a relief

AFM- the doctor at emergency this morning referred me to the early pregnancy assessment clinic and they rang this afternoon to organise another beta and ultrasound for next week, I'm sure my referral described me as a neurotic nutbag lol

Hey girls
Wish so happy to hear about your healthy little girl. Now time to go back to happy pregnancy mode. And there you were thinking she going to be a big chubber!!

Take, it's ok you are being a paranoid nutter, if it makes you feel better then its all good . I had some spotting too when I first got my bfp. It's probably just a bit of old blood coming through.

I'm surprised to hear about how many of us IVF chicks due to male fertility issues. It's so much more common than most people would think

Wish... brilliant that everything is looking good. Will be funny if you pop out a petite little poppet, hey

Take... thank goodness everyone is taking your concerns seriously. Yay for lots of reassuring scans and bloods too :hugs:

Aleja... I watched the first few minutes of Offspring but her dream of giving birth to a fan and a doll and various other implements freaked me :haha: So I turned it off!

AFM all good here - 6 weeks today. We supposedly had some MFI as well as my issues. But by the time we got to IVF DH's count had gone up six-fold :wacko: Even though that didn't solve the problems with morphology, it meant that there were enough normal shaped swimmers in the increased number that we didn't need ICSI. It amazes me how often infertility is automatically assumed to be a women's issue.

Yay Maddy 6 weeks :)
I think I'm about a week behind you... I think anyway, how exciting we can be bump buddies

Hi ladies, so pleased to see all of you doing so well & some new bfp's is that everyone up the duff ?
Wish sorry to hear about the worry u have been through, I know all about that ! Try not to worry only 5 weeks to go & they don't stay tiny for long Harper was in 0000 for about 3 weeks then in 000 for about a month & then grew so quick she pretty much skipped 00 & went straight to 0

Afm & Harper we are doing great she is growing too fast, she is already 65 cm's & 7.46 kg's my big chunky monkey

It's a funny thing the first couple of months a such a blur of breastfeeding & sleepless nights then all of a sudden you realise bub is not so small anymore , Harper is feeding great & sleeping well she wakes once a night for feed around 3.30-4 am then back to sleep till around 7.30 , just remember in those early days when it seems really hard, that it gets easier pretty quickly , I'm sitting in bed now with my 2 girls ( my 8yr old made me a coffee) & couldn't be happier xxx
I will post a pic when I get my tired bum out of bed

It's so lovely to hear from you taylah! It's amazing how time flys and how quickly they get bigger :) I'm so happy to hear you guys are doing great!

Just wondering girls- when did your bellies pop out? I assumed it would not be until around 16-18 weeks or so... I am not even 12 yet and I can't do the button up on any of my jeans! I admit I have been eating like a demon, which doesn't help ;) but i defn have a noticeable bump.... I think I will actually have to go and buy some maternity pants, or at least a bigger size. And maybe time to tell my work too, as I don't think it will stay secret too much longer!

Hey taylah! It's so good to hear from you! I'd love to see some updated pictures of your girl! Glad to hear you guys are doing well.

Kirsty, I was pretty noticeably pregnant at 12 weeks and grew really quickly untill 16 weeks and then slowed down alot until almost 28 weeks when I blew up again. I thought it would have taken me longer to show cause I'm a pretty big girl. Your a gorgeous tiny lil thing so I'm not suprised you've popped out! It depends where baby is too.. U were finding the heart beat pretty early on the Doppler so it sounds like bubs isn't snuggled in your back. My girl is the same, all out front with placenta up high. My friend who is 30 weeks and not noticeably showing is carrying all in the back. Xx

Glad to hear you are being looked after well Take xx

How is your bump going Aleja? xx

Happy 6 weeks Maddy xx :dance:

Great to hear you and Harper are doing well Taylah, can't wait to see pics xx

I was the same as Wish, Kirst, I showed pretty early but I think it was due to being sick and losing weight so it seemed to just pop out. Post a bump pic xx

Are you have a sweep Wish? xx

hi girls,
Hi Taylah so glad to hear you are doing well with Harper. Those nervous first moments after her birth must seem like a life time ago

Kirst- my pants stopped fitting properly pretty early but I think I just looked thick around the waist rather than pregnant. I told my work about my pregnancy at 17 weeks most of my colleagues thought I'd just put on weight!
I popped out with a belly at about 20 weeks.

Red my belly is very heavy and round I will try to put a photo if I can remember how to do it

Taylah- Its so nice to hear from you and that you and bub are both happy and healthy :)

Aleja- Would love to see a bump pic, did you remember how to put a photo up?

AFM- Had a blood test yesterday, haven't heard the results as yet. Then because my blood type is A- and Id had that spotting last week I had to have an Anti D shot yesterday. This morning I had my first scan, obviously there wasn't much to see. I think they decided to do one to make sure the spotting wasn't indicating ectopic but the egg sac was in the uterus right where it should be.
They did an abdominal at first, which I knew was a waste of time, then they decided to do an internal. Not before I nearly wet myself, my god that is an uncomfortable experience, I had forgotten how hard it is holding on while being poked and prodded. And I have a retroverted uterus so it makes it just that little bit harder to see anything.
According to my LMP date I'm 6w2d but according to FF ovulation date I'm only 5w2d which corresponds with what the scan showed, somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks. So back for another one next week I guess to get more accurate dates and hopefully a foetal pole.

how is everyone else? Maddy have you had a scan yet?

Take the internal ultrasounds aren't the nicest.. Glad that the lil sac is where it is.. Can't wait to hear about its progress next week.

Afm I've had a shit couple of days.. I had some numbness in my face last night and this morning only half of my mouth was working. I've been diagnosed with Bell's palsy. Its a temporary paralysis of one side of your face lasting one week to a year. It doesn't effect the baby which is the main thing but it has left me feeling pretty down. I've given myself the rest of the day to feel sorry for myself then I'm getting back to it! Not looking forward to looking like a stroke victim in babies first photos though xx

Oh geeze wish- that is awful. I hope you're ok. Do you know what has caused it? I really hope that it doesn't last long and you're feeling better within a week. Keep us posted xxx

Take- great news about your scan and next week will be even more exciting when you see the fetal pole! How are you feeling?

Maddy- how are you travelling?

Red and Aleja- 30 weeks! How exciting ... You girls are getting very close how are you feeling? I'd love to see some updated bump pics :)

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow. I am so excited and completely nervous at the same time. My friend is going to take me out baby shopping to celebrate afterwards, if all goes well of course. I've been too terrified to even step foot in a baby shop before now! it will also be very exciting to tell work and the rest of our friends and family! I was actually meant head off on school camp today. Thank god, someone up there is looking out for me- cos at the last minute, they decided that they didn't need me as the extra staff! I was dreading trudging through the bush and having no sleep... But I was secretly looking forward to the camp food. How gross is that? Sloppy lasagne and sausages in buns :) last year, the thought of camp food was hideous :)

Oh Wish that sounds horrible. Hope it clears up quickly for you. You will be so radiant with the birth of your little one that you will look wonderful no matter what :thumbup:

Good luck with your 12 week scan Kirst. I can't wait to be able to go shopping for baby stuff.

AFM either today or tomorrow is Day 1 of my first IVF ICSI cycle. Really nervous because I'm going to be starting a new job and moving house at the same time. And they only gave us 5-10% chance of finding any sperm in DH to use to fertilize any eggs. Fingers are crossed.

So many of you on here seem to be pregnant already. Hoping your growing bellies rub off on me!!

Oh wish you poor love, a lady that worked at the childcare Keyara went to got that with her pregnancy, I'm not sure how long it lasted but at least a few months. I'm really feeling for you babes, easier said then done but try to keep your spirits up, everyone looks like crap in the last weeks of pregnancy and in the first few months after the birth, its hard enough feeling fat and frumpy without that to contend with. Take heart in knowing so much of this time will be spent sleeping and house bound with your little one and concentrate on bonding . I've seen pics of you and your a smoking hot babe so I doubt a slight drop in your face will change that, big hugs x

Kirsty- good luck with the 12 week scan, hope we can see a pic x

Hopeful- Congrats on getting started with your cycle and good luck :)

Hopeful cat, take and kirsti thank you guys so much this forum really has been the best support for me. You girls are amazing. So glad to have shared this with all you ladies on here and look forward to continuing the journey into labour and babyhood!!!
Goodluck with your scans ladies ill be thinking of you and all the best for your new start hopeful cat!!

Hi everyone :flower:

Wish...sorry about the Bell's. Is it related to pregnancy? One more thing to add to my Paranoia List :shrug:

Take...good scan story hun :hugs: Mine is Monday and I'll be 7+3. It's an internal :wacko:

Hopeful...best of luck with this round. I hope you are like me and have no major side effects, that would be really good :thumbup:

Kirst...good luck at the 12 weeks scan :kiss:

Red & Aleja...sooo close now girls :happydance:

AFM woke up yesterday to MS. No vomits but feel like every bad hangover from my 20s has come back to haunt me. Doctor has given me 2 days off work to experiment and see what gives me relief. So far only sleep and shoving my face with carbs every waking moment has worked. I've gained 2kg and my favourite work pants were tight yesterday :nope:

Bell's palsy is 3x more common in pregnancy but still pretty rare.. Should defo be low priority on the paranoia list maddy!! Good luck with morning sickness,. Stuffing your face is a good move but usually temporary.. If it gets too bad remember these words..'maxalon' and 'zofran' good luck chicky xx

Hi ladies,
Wish my heart goes out to you :-(
I had bells palsy when I was a teenager. Being that age with a droopy face was very traumatic at the time and I still have fears of it reoccurring - especially now during pregnancy. The good news is that it cleared up completely within a few week and I don't have any lasting side effects . I did do physiotherapy on my face, using some electric current thing to stimulate my facial muscle. I think this helped to speed up the recovery. Do you know if this was caused by a virus or pressure on your facial muscles?
At least baby is fine and I'm sure she won't care what you look like when you are holding her x

Kirst, I cannot wait to hear about your 12 week scan. It is terrifying and exciting at the same time. It will be amazing to see how much your bubs has grown within a few weeks.
Re: shopping- I'm still nervous about baby shopping but you gotta hope for the best, right?

Take and Maddy , likewise with your scans and symptoms-every milestone is a blessing even if it is MS!!

Hopeful , good luck on ur first cycle x
do you guys have some donor sperm lined up in case they can't find any your DH? It has been a lucky thread so hopefully you are the next cab off the rank.

Red, how did your GD test go? Mine came back all clear which made me happy as I can continue eating a bit of choccy here and there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->