Any Aussie ladies starting IVF?

Maddy- Good luck with the scan, let us know how it goes :)

Aleja- Love this miserable weather too, had a nice quiet weekend snuggled under blankets watching 'One born every Minute' episodes we downloaded, I love that show :)

Kirsty- I've always wondered that with IVF babies and the dates..is there any chance you guys snuck one in naturally before your transfer??

AFM- Not sure when my next scan is, I was referred to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic after I had the spotting. They organised my last lot of bloods and scan, I spoke to them Wed and she said the doctor would look at my results Thursday and decide when Id have the next scan..but they haven't rung yet..and I have tried twice and have got the answering machine. I don't want to look neurotic but I just need to see that heartbeat, might try them again tomorrow morning, otherwise I do have a scan request from my GP for a different imaging place, prefer going through the clinic though as its nicer and free.

Happy 36 weeks Wish :) Don't worry about what people think, just remember in 4 weeks (or less) you will be holding your precious little girl xx It doesn't bother me to be induced, what is safer for bub, but I am going to see if my acupuncturist can make me go naturally :)

Take - Yay for good symptoms, but hope you feel better soon xx Hope the clinic get back to you soon :)

Maddy - There is nothing worse than reflux! I have suffered it all my life :( Try propping your self up at night this will help xx

Aleja - I'm with you the rain yesterday was bliss, but I did have to venture out to visit my grandfather, which was nice. Hope your little man makes an appearance before you have to be induced :) xx

Kirst - Feeling pretty good :) Our bub is measuring 1w2d ahead but cause of IVF my OB said they don't change the date as they know you exact conception date :) xx

Thanks girls- good to know about dates :)

When did you guys first feel bub move?

I felt bub at 13 weeks a one off I think and then more frequent 16 weeks onwards :) DH also felt bub at 16 weeks xx

Hey kirsti first felt baby (consistently) from 15+5 onwards. If you're not sure I would listen to the Doppler at the same time. It depends massively on where the placenta is, mine is upper posterior which means that movement could be felt pretty early. A couple of girls in my antenatal classes with anterior placentas didnt feel anything untill after 24 weeks xx

Hi all - just a quick update (Kirst special hugs to you, you know why xxx)

Had our scan this afternoon. Measuring pretty much spot-on (3 days behind) but apparently that's neither here nor there at this stage as a couple of millimetres is very easy to miss if the angle is wrong. We also saw a nice heartbeat :)

Maddy yay that's so good to hear :) so what's your official due date

So great to hear the scan went well maddy!! That heartbeat really blew me away when I heard it for the first time :)

Thanks for the tip on when you felt baby red and wish. I swear I thought I felt something yesterday... It was low down and like a flick or a pop or something inside... But then I talked myself out of it- thinking it was too early and must be gas! My placenta is also at the back, towards the top- so a good place to feel early movement I think. The next few weeks will be exciting I think :)

Wonderful news Maddy:)

What a glorious feeling it is hearing the heartbeat. Take I hope you get your chance ASAP !

Take , I love watching One Born every Minute too but I prefer the UK version. The US one kinda annoys me - especially when they show unruly relatives that are hanging in the delivery room. It makes me cringe!!

Kirst, my EED hasn't changed at all even though bubs has measured ahead for the entire pregnancy. It used to make me feel better too knowing he is ahead but now I'm getting worried if i will be pushing out a 4kg + chubber. yikes!

I think i started feeling something like small flutters at about 16 weeks but I recognised them properly at 18 weeks. My DH could feel him at about 25 -26 weeks .

How did your shopping spree go? Did you buy many things?

Wish and Red, have you started your mat leave yet? What have you girls been up to?

Me: I decided to cancel my own 'friends-only' baby shower - now ill only have the family/relative one and invite some close friends. I was feeling unmotivated about organising , catering and hosting it . I had some friends who were going to help but the reality is that I would end up doing a lot of it . I feel so relieved now!!!

Maddy - There is nothing better than seeing that little heartbeat beating away xx :cloud9:

Kirst - That's what my first movement was like a pop really low down xx :)

Aleja - I was so tired after my baby shower, great ideas about having a joint one xx :) My last day is next Friday (14th) and I can't wait :)

AFM - Decided to have a sicky yesterday as DH was off and we had our scan. Bub has engaged and in the right position now, what a good little boy :haha: Then went and had a nice lunch out before heading to the Central Coast where we were just going to look at a car but ended up buying it :haha: Can't wait to pick it up now, come on Saturday :dance:

Hi Ms Red, oh wow you only have 2 weeks left! Slightly envious ! I finish at the end of June.

So your boy cooperated already and moved into place! I thought this would happen...I guess they still got a bit of room to move around yet.

What type of car did you buy? Ideally we want to upgrade one of our cars but it probably won't happen just yet.

Yeah I can imagine you were tired after your baby shower. It was such a stoopid idea to even think about having 2. So happy now I can stop thinking about it.

Anyone watch Game of thrones season 3? Last episode was disturbing !!!

OMG aleja I've been waiting for someone to watch it... INTENSE!!! I can't watch that stuff anymore I'm waaaay to emotional! I couldn't stop thinking about it in bed last night hahahahaha!!!! I want to know all the spoilers on all tv shows from now on so I'm not emotionally caught out. I can't handle the pig farming add!!

And red! Yay for your lil man assuming the position., must have been the day for it cause my girl has dropped and obstetrician thinks its not far away yay!

Hi wish, yes it was an intense episode for sure! besides the shocking ending. I was really surprised John Snow took off and left his girl behind!
I have no idea how they are going to tie up so many loose ends in the final episode . Gotta find a new tv obsession as of next week.

I am getting excited for you- any week now we will log in and read that your girl has arrived !!!!! Have you packed the hospital bag yet??

Aleja..Jon snow is the hottest thing ever. I'm reading the books at the moment and they are really good. I need a new series too I've seen it all. New true blood next week though yay!
Bags are packed its so strange. I've put red stickers on all the things I wanna pack at te last minute like make up and hair straightener so hubby can grab them in the event that I can't.. Hopefully he won't muck it up..
My hair has stopped it's shedding cycle and its like a wig.. That happened to you guys yet? My god I'm ready to shave it.. Takes me 2 hours to wash it and dry it!!
How are you going otherwise aleja?

How's everyone else? How's the ms maddy and take? And got your car yet red? Kirsti how's second tri been? Symptoms eased yet?

Hopeful cat and Ex how are the cycles going? Xx

Aleja - We have a good boy on our hands moving so quick :) I'm going on leave early cause I have accrued so much over the last 7yrs of being a public servant that they said I was entitled to go 9 weeks before bub was born. So I took the advise of HR and am having 14 months off paid :dance: We bought a Mazda CX-9 GT (second hand), been wanting on for ages but there weren't many for sale. Have you and DH thought about what you will buy when the time is right? You are going to love your baby shower I had an awesome time :) xx

Wish - Cant wait for your little girl to make an appearance :) We are going to pack our bag next week :) We are picking the car up on Saturday, but instead of us having to go to the central coast to get it, they are driving it down as they are coming to Sydney :) xx

How is the ms going Maddy and Take? xx

Happy Second Tri Kirsty :dance: xx

Sending you lots of :dust: Hopeful cat and Ex xx

AFM - I am getting so uncomfortable now and some days just feel weird, but can't put my finger on what is up?? Spoke with my acupuncturist yesterday and she is going to start seeing me at 36 weeks and is going to give me a few treatments that hopefully will bring labour on when they put the gel in so I don't have to have the induction drip :)

Hi ladies,

Miss red- good luck with the acupuncture, my sister did it when overdue with her second and she thought it did the trick

Wish- You are so organised, I love the red sticker idea. Do you watch Mad Men? If you don't and are looking for a new series I highly recommend. My fiance is bang into Game of thrones, I told him the other day I'd give it a go, I've heard its very good.

AFM- I have another scan today at 12pm, fingers crossed!! My morning sickness has settled the last 2 days, which of course is nice but also concerns me, so glad I have scan today.

Good luck with your scan take!! Can't wait to her about it... And don't worry about the ms. Mine used to come and go too- and now I just can't wait for it to bugger off! I'm so sick of feeling sick!

I woke up at 5 am this morning, dry retching, after the worst night sleep- and I'm embarrassed to admit, Dh made me a cuppa and I sat at the table and cried! What a baby :) but having said that - it is easing up. And on the up side- I'm pretty certain those little pops/ tickles I felt, are the baby! I've felt them a few more times this week :)

Hooray for packing hospital bags! That is so exciting!! And great news about finishing work early red. I have just told my work that I'm preggo and am wondering when I should tell them ill finish. I was thinking 36 weeks as I want to make it as close to the end of the school year as possible (I've just taken over from a teacher who has left on maternity leave, so I feel so bad for the kiddos and parents that I'm going to have to bail too!) do you reckon 36 weeks will be ok? How have you girls managed work and the last tri??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->