Any Bostonians starting IVF?

Whatthe, no AF and nausea sounds positive! Hoping this beta is a pleasant surprise. I wouldn't put too much weight on the HPT at this stage.

DC, totally understand being nervous about birth -- remember there will be glorious drugs to help you.

AFM, we hadn't had sex before the spotting, so unfortunately it wasn't that. Anyway, not much longer now until we get some answers. I'm really glad they moved us up, I think I'd be in the nuthouse if they made me wait until Friday.

Thanks DC.

Notopt - could I ask what adoption agency you began looking at and if you liked them? We're going to start the process so if/when our last attempt doesn't work, we will have something in the works.

Ahh finally Monday. Whatthe and Sept- good luck today. I am thinking of both of you and crossing my fingers for good news! Sept, what time is the ultrasound?

Thanks DC! Ultrasound is 12:45 and then we go and meet with the doctor afterwards. Really nervous...didn't get much sleep last night!

UGH! NO!! Whatthe, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now :( Oh, I feel horrible. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, there probably isn't anything. I'm thinking of you...

Oh shit, I'm so sorry. This is all so unfair. I'm thinking of you.

Whatthe - terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear this. It just makes no sense to me. You seemed to have two good quality embryos transferred - one was even expanding. Also, your age I would think would give you an advantage. So frustrating. The adoption agency is Full Circle Adoptions and website is fullcircleadoption.com. We met with Marla for a consultation and she was terrific. They have group orientations (free) too and i see there's one coming up Saturday. We also purchased their application binder which has a ton of information. If you want it, you can have it. If we ever need it again it will probably be in a couple years and we'd need an updated one anyway. Let me know and I can either ship it to you or we could meet up!

How'd things go, Sept? Can we get some good news today?
My bus slammed into a range rover in the way home tonight. Thank God the baby has been moving up a storm ever since! This kid has already been in 2 crashes! Yikes!

Yikes, DC, are you feeling OK? So scary.

Yes, I do have good news...our ultrasound went great! The baby is looking totally normal and was measuring a day or two ahead, so it looks like I'm 7 weeks 5 days. The heart rate was 146, and we're released back to my OB. We couldn't actually pick out the heartbeat on the monitor, but the doctors could, so that's all that matters. So relieved!

Thanks! I just scheduled my next two appointments with my OB...they said I don't get another ultrasound until EIGHTEEN WEEKS?!

Sept - I had one around 12 weeks - it was a nuchal translucency scan. They also took blood and then I had to go back around 16 weeks for the second blood test. They computed risks of abnormalities like downs based on the results of the scan and bloods. If I was 35 plus I was told they wouldn't have done the scan bc there's now a blood test out there that will identify the fetal DNA in the mother's blood to see f there are any problems. It eliminates the need for that scan. That being said, I think you could ask your doc at your first appointment for another scan.

Thanks, notopt. I just talked to the nurse practitioner and she said they will do a 12-week scan with the Downs (etc.) test. Phewf!

Congratulations, Jess! ... I never knew that was your name! I'm Danielle :) What a relief! Such great news.

I'm feeling good! Sore, because this giant baby, not the bus crash, but good otherwise. I just had my ultrasound- he is measuring 9 lbs 2 oz right now (in the 97%- holy crap!). I just met with the doctor, and after going through all the risks and pros and cons of vaginal or c-section, we decided to schedule a c-section for 3/13/13! I'm so excited and nervous!!

Hi Danielle! Holy crap, you're having your baby NEXT WEEK!! Wow. You must be so incredibly excited.

Thanks for the congrats, ladies. I'm very relieved. Still somewhat nervous because I am having more spotting, but it doesn't seem to be the bad kind and they couldn't see any reason for it on the u/s. I guess I just need to learn to live with it for the next week or two and hope it eases up.

Whatthe, I hope you're feeling better today and are busy getting ready for your appt. with Dr. Davis. He sounds great.

Ugh, that sucks about the spotting. It's so nerve wracking! I think everything is so sensitive down there! I was thinking about you last night- did you ever end up telling your friend?

I haven't told her yet -- we decided not to tell anyone but our parents until the 8-week scan. I think I'm going to tell her this week. I actually told another good friend last night, and guess what? She's pregnant too after a year of trying, and our due dates are five days apart! She's also having spotting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->