Any Bostonians starting IVF?

I know!!! I'm getting more and more anxious as the day goes on! So crazy! This was a long time coming, it's hard to believe I'm actually going to have my own baby tomorrow!!
I had the blood test and nucheal fold screening for downs. I was really nervous too, and a coworker gave me some insight, saying there will be a million things to worry about, Downs is just one they can test for. So if it wouldn't change your decision to keep your baby, try not too get too hung up on the testing.
A friend of mine just had the nucheal fold, and hers was too thick, so they did the CVS, and everything ended up fine. She stressed for 2 weeks for nothing.

Sept- I just did the nuchal screening which was the ultrasound and two blood tests. Unless the results indicate that you are high risk for a baby with downs or one of the other issues it tests for (and you would consider terminating the pregnancy), then an amino probably isn't necessary.

Dc- good luck! Can't wait for the news, although we will understand if the first thing you do after baby comes isn't to post on this board!

Whatthe- how are you doing? When so you meet with the new doctor?

DC, thinking of you and hoping everything went well! Can't wait to hear! :flower:

Hey ladies! Sorry for the late update- I've been busy falling in love with my new little guy!
He is the most amazing thing that has happened to us! I know it sounds cliche, but you will all know soon enough! He is such a love!
The c-section has been pretty easy to recover from. I'll be in the hospital until Sunday, but my husband has been here, and has been great! Breast feeding hasn't been easy- but I'm trying my hardest to stick with it!
So Matthew (my son! So weird to say...) was born 9 lbs 6 oz, 20.5 inches, a full head of brown hair, and dark blue eyes. He is the cutest, most mild tempered baby (maybe I'm biased!?). I'm on my phone, but will post a pic when I get home!
I hope everyone else is doing well! Can't wait for you all to experience this!

Oh Danielle, how wonderful!! So happy for you three. Little Matthew sounds incredible. Enjoy every moment and thanks for updating us while you're still in the hospital!

Danielle- congrats!!! Can't wait to see the pics! Love the name, but I'm biased cause that's my husband's name. I'll let him know you named your baby after him!;) Glad your recovery isn't too bad. I'm sure it will be great to come home today. Are any relatives helping out?

I'm not sure if this worked- but I think I was able to upload the picture! Look at that face :) I know I'm hormonal now anyways, but I just look at him and cry such happy tears! I feel so lucky that he is finally here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 12
Also, I think he looks a little Asian, but he's not :) Haha, he looks just like my husband's baby pictures- who is Italian!

Sooo cute! So funny about the Asian thing - I thought maybe your husband was Asian bc the baby does look a little Asian. I find that Jewish babies sometimes look Asian to me as well.

He is soooo cute! So big and healthy looking...just perfect. Well done. Enjoy those happy tears!

Thanks ladies :) He is a little cutie! He is a week old today, so weird! Things have been going pretty well, besides only getting a few hours of sleep at a time at night! Hopefully we can get into a routine. My husband went back to work yesterday, so it's just me and Matthew! I feel bad when my husband gets up to help in the middle of the night, but climbing in and out of bed after the c-section hasn't been easy!

How are you all doing? Sept, when is your next ultrasound, Friday? Notopt, you must be getting close to the 3rd trimester! Feeling more movement everyday? How about your husband? Whatthe, how are things with you? Have you been to see the other doctor? Do you have a plan of attack?

DC - Glad to hear you're home and things are going well! What is the recovery time from a C-Section?

AFM, I was in NY on Monday for a consult and we're going to do our last cycle there sometime between now and August. It just depends on my body and if we can squeeze in a cycle between weddings. The doctor is running a few more tests on us, but isn't changing too much from what Brigham did. The main reason I'm going there is because their lab is supposed to be so good. After 3 failures, my hopes are not high, but I know I need to try this one last time before we move on.

DC, I can't believe Matthew is already a week old! Glad to hear you're home and all is well, despite the tiredness. How are you feeling pain-wise?

Whatthe, I'm glad things went well with Dr. Davis. I think you're doing the best thing by trying a new lab. That could make all the difference in itself. Also, I remember being really encouraged by something Dr. Fox told me after my second failed cycle: Your odds don't go down after a failure. So even though it gets harder and harder to handle, there isn't any reason to think that the next one won't be the one. I think DOR just makes it take a lot longer for our bodies to get their sh*t together, but you DO have good eggs left. Sorry for the annoying pep talk. :)

AFM, I had an appointment last week but they didn't do an ultrasound -- just checked my cervix and uterus and took a bunch of blood. All was fine. I go back on April 1 for my 12-week appointment, and they'll listen for the baby's heartbeat via Doppler. Then I FINALLY get another ultrasound on April 16. That will be the risk screening u/s. I wish they would give me more ultrasounds -- I've only had a measly one at 8 weeks. But hearing the heartbeat will help a lot.

Hi ladies. Happy to report that last weekend my husband finally felt the baby move. The movements are now causing some anxiety for me though because when I go a while without feeling them I wonder if something is wrong. How can she be so active one evening and then barely anything the next day and night? My doctor did say at my 20 week appointment that it was too early to expect to feel regular movement. Speaking of doctor's appointments, my next one is a week from Friday at which time I will be 24 weeks. I can't believe it.

sept - Glad you will at least get to hear the hearbeat soon! Some advice based on my experience: Don't get nervous if the heartbeat doesn't come up right away. Even at 20 weeks it took my doctor some time to find the heartbeat because my baby seemed to move away from the machine when it was placed on my stomach. He had to move it around a little before we got to hear it.

whatthe- It has to work - it's going to work! As sept said - you have good quality eggs!

DC- glad you are doing well and that husband is helping out - too bad he has to go back to work already! Are you taking the full 12 weeks of maternity leave?

Notopt, glad your hubby felt the baby move! That must have been exciting. Thanks for the heads up on the heartbeat -- I'm sure I will be freaking out about that, so it's good to know it can take a while. I was actually just coming on here to ask you something...I think you said you had stayed on your SSRI during pregnancy? Can I ask what dosage you are/were on? I'm on 20mg Celexa, which is a low dose, and while I did a LOT of research and met with several people to weigh my decision, I'm feeling nervous about it now that I'm actually pregnant and have all the testing still in front of me.

Jess - I am on 50 mg/day of zoloft (generic: sertraline). I had been on 150mg/day for several years but then back in January 2012 I went down to 100 mg/day because I was worried that perhaps it was contributing to my inability to get pregnant and maybe contributed to my past miscarriages, although none of my doctors thinks there's a connection. When I finally found out I was pregnant with this pregnancy, I spoke to my psychiatrist and asked if it would be ok for me to go down to 50mg and he gave me the green light, so I've been on 50 mg since November - the day I found out I was pregnant. I do feel comfortable with staying on the 50mg. I feel like it is keeping me sane because I still feel some anxiety and depression but it is under control and could be much worse. Also, I think 50mg is the minimal therapeutic dose one can take with Zoloft.

Keep in mind that Zoloft dosages are a bit different from Celexa. (I looked this up) With Zoloft, the recommended dosages range from 25mg - 200mg/day and for Celexa the range is 10mg-60mg. Do you think you'd be comfortable trying to come off celexa completely?

Notopt, thanks for all the meds info. I'm not looking to come off the Celexa, because I'm scared of my old enemy progesterone -- I've become pretty convinced that it's the cause of my depressed mood when I'm PMS'ing (and IVF'ing), and the levels get so high during pregnancy that I'm afraid I'll feel depressed in the second/third tri if I come off the meds. I guess I'm just feeling a little scared about anything that might harm the baby, even though the medical evidence is pretty reassuring. I'm also really worried about the Down's testing that's coming up (not that the two things are connected). There really is no end to the fears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->