Any Bostonians starting IVF?

Ahhhh, that's amazing!! So many babies! It's good you have someone to go through the pregnancy with. See, spotting is so normal ;)

Hi ladies. We couldn't decide where to go after NYC so we decided to extend our stay here by a few days. Heading home on Saturday!

Sept- glad you will get a 12 week scan. The baby will really look like a baby at that scan! How's the morning sickness ? I wish I had a friend giving birth around my due date but no one is. :( my friend just gave birth a week ago so her baby will be closest in age to ours of all our friends! Maybe we will meet some people at our birthing class.

Dc- wow - the 13th!!! So soon ! How exciting !

Notopt, we'll overlap! I'll be staying in Chelsea from Friday-Sunday. Have a great rest of your vacation.

DC, are you dying of excitement over there?

Morning sickness has been a little better the past couple of nights, thanks, and the exhaustion as well. Maybe I'm moving into a new phase?

Sept - Are you going to see a show? We have been staying in soho. Love the shopping and restaurants around here! Glad you are feeling better. My ms lasted way too long. It gradually got better after the first trimester. Btw they say you get less morning sickness if you are having a boy! ;)

Yes, I am sooooo excited! It all became so real. Oh, they did a 3D ultrasound yesterday, which I was originally opposed to, but now I think it is AMAZING! He looks just like me (and I think my husband is jealous)- although I was a baby model (for a day :)) I'll attach it. I can't stop looking at it!

Notopt- It turns out I have 3 friends from college, my best friend from high school, 2 cousins, and my husband's best friend's wife all due between June 8-Aug 28... lots of summer babies in my neck of the woods!

Sept- Could be true about the morning sickness and a boy... I never threw up, although I did feel crappy in the mornings until about 14 weeks. My sisters on the other hand felt fine their whole pregnancy and have girls! Tough to say.

Hope you both enjoy your vacations! I need a trip to an island...

Attachments

• 38 weeks.jpg
    38 weeks.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 6
DC, WHOA. That is a whole, fully ready baby! So crazy!

Notopt, we might go to the half-price ticket booth and see what's available. Did you see something?

Definitely could be true about having a boy! My sister didn't throw up when she had her daughter, though, so who knows. My acupuncturist says she already has an idea (from my pulse) what it will be, but I don't know if I believe her. :)

Sept- We saw "Once".. My husband really liked it but I thought it was just ok. We may try to get tickets to a show tomorrow night. There's one that looks interesting called "cougar." I like NYC and all but I am so ready to go home!

Dc- very cute although my husband is completely freaked out by 3d ultrasounds. Not sure we will have one if offered. I told him you had one and he wanted to know why they do them especially so close to your due date?

I didn't want one either! I think they are freaky too, but when I was in the hospital last month with the stomach bug, I had an ultrasound done by a student tech, and the actual tech was playing around with the machine, teaching her. And all of a sudden, there he was! We had the same tech this week, and I mentioned how grumpy and mad he looked last month, so she offered to try to get a better view for us. So it wasn't diagnostic, just showing us he was in a better mood :)

Hi ladies, hope everyone had a good weekend.

Notopt, glad you had a good trip!

DC, how are you feeling? Do you have your hospital bag packed? I'm so excited for you!

We had a great girls' weekend in NYC. Went to see an improv show at the Upright Citizens Brigade theatre, where some of the SNL people have performed. Did some shopping and eating, and lots of napping. I was sharing a hotel room with my pregnant friend (the one who's due 5 days after me), so we slept a lot! Oh and I finally told my other friend (the one I've mentioned here a few times) that I'm pregnant. She's thrilled. Hope this evens things back out for us after a rough couple of months!

dc- Can't wait to see the REAL pictures of your baby in a few days! Are you nervous?

sept - Sounds like a fun weekend - even the napping part. It's great that you felt well enough to enjoy it and I'm still jealous that you have a friend due around the same time as you!

Notopt, I felt totally fine all weekend but now that I'm back I'm a mess! I was super nauseous last night and ate frozen yogurt for dinner. Then I was awake and starving from 3-5 and ate two bowls of Rice Krispies. Then this morning I threw a crying fit, and now I'm exhausted. My husband thinks I'm mental, and he saw me during IVF!

Sept- LOL, your husband thinks your mental! Hahahha. It gets better- actually not much better... but it's worth it :) He will adjust! When is your next appt? That is very exciting that you have 2 close friends with close due dates!

Notopt- How are you feeling? Getting big?! I saw myself in a Target mirror thsi weekend, and was holy shit I'm huge! Huge and not cute!

I am feeling excited and nervous and anxious! I've had surgery before, but not the kind where they "rip my guts out" as my husband reminded me last night... I'm just nervous about seeing him for the first time! I don't know why, it's hard to explain I guess! But I am sooooo excited to get this huge baby out of my belly and into the real world! I just went and got a mani/pedi, packed my bag last night, finished all the baby laundry, set up the monitor, and my husband cleaned the house- so we are READY! :happydance:

sept - Sorry about the nausea! Frozen yogurt sounds great. When morning sickness got really bad sometimes all that seemed appealing was ice cream and cereal. I say, just eat whatever you can keep down for now and then try to eat more balanced, healthy meals second trimester once the morning sickness goes away. "Try" being the operative word. It's soo much easier said than done. Sometimes the most readily available snack foods aren't the healthiest, combined with cravings for sweets - well, it's been tough.

dc: I'm feeling relatively good but definitely having pregnancy-related issues like major indigestion and low energy. I am getting big! There's no hiding my pregnancy anymore and what's really cool is that my baby's movements are so much more obvious and frequent now. Good luck with the c-section - I know it is a major surgery but I'm sure the excitement of meeting your baby will take your mind off what they are doing to you. :)

DC, yes, I hope he gets used to it! Actually, I had been meaning to ask you girls if the emotional part gets better or worse as the pregnancy progresses? I'm very sensitive to progesterone/estrogen and have always been very weepy/sad with PMS (hence taking an antidepressant). I'm scared that I'll be a nut later in pregnancy with the levels rising so much.

It will be so amazing to see your baby for the first time. I can't believe it's finally here. And that's great that you have his laundry and monitor all ready to go. Prepared mama!

Sept- I have eaten whatever I wanted this whole time (maybe that's why my baby is so big?!)- but certain things just turned my stomach- like veggies and chicken... The pre-natal vitamins have hopefully made up where I lacked!
As for emotions- It was worse in the beginning for me. I think it was the uncertainty of everything- for me at least. In the middle I calmed down a little, and now I cry at anything! A "nut"... yea, probably. That's a good way to describe it, I'm sure my family would agree!

Notopt- I got to the point where tums were just like candy, so I started taking Zantac religiously! I still have it pretty bad, because this baby is still up in my ribs. So glad you're feeling movements- it's pretty surreal!

Oops Notopt, we posted at the same time. Funny, ice cream and cereal have been my favorite things. Oh and white bread and marmalade. Of course I crave white bread instead of the nutritious kind. Thank god for prenatals!

Has your hubby seen the baby moving yet?

sept - Regarding your question about the emotions, in the beginning I did cry several times and I think those episodes were heavily influenced by my feeling physically misreable all the time with the constant nausea. I feel like my mood started to stabalize once the ms dwindled but I did feel a bit depressed and anxious throughout February (February has always been a tough month for me), and even during our trip last week. It's tough for me to tell whether it is the pregnancy hormones or maybe the fact that when I found out I was pregnant I went down to a very low dose of my antidepressant. It is probably a little of both. Some of the anxiety I think is due to the fact that having this baby is going to be completely life-changing. The further I get into the pregnancy the more nervous I am about the future.

Oh yeah - to answer your question about my husband seeing the baby move yet - he hasn't seen or felt it. He was out last night to dinner and drinks with some guy friends and so he missed a great opportunity to feel the baby because she was moving up a storm last night - kicks I could definitely feel from the outside.

Thanks for all the info, ladies. Sounds like it might not necessarily get worse as I get further along.

Notopt, that's too bad hubby missed the kicking party! Next time.

DC, your big day is TOMORROW! (Like you needed me to remind you :haha:). Thinking of you and sending you HUGE hugs. It's going to be amazing!

AFM, now that I'm less worried about miscarriage, I'm more worried about Down's. :wacko: I'm not sure I want to have the invasive testing done...did both of you just do the nuchal screening? I really hope mine is OK and I can leave it at that. The amnio idea freaks me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->