Any Bostonians starting IVF?

sept - I understand about the worry regarding the medication and anything else that may harm the baby and I am right there with you (I even switched to an organic deoderant a few weeks ago). Even though the risks are low with SSRI use during pregnancy (except paxil use), I always worry that I will be one of the unlucky ones.

Yeah, it is hard -- I know we've made an informed decision, so I should stop second guessing myself, but easier said than done. You're right that the risks are so low, and the studies that have found problems were pretty shoddy, so that is reassuring.

DC, hope life with little Matthew is treating you well!!

Hi Ladies! Life with Matthew is amazing :) We just got back from his appointment (my first time leaving the house alone with him!)- and he is almost back to his birth weight! Everything looks great with him! I am feeling pretty good- every day I get better. Sometimes the left side of my stomach gets a little sore (like we went on a walk last night, and I didn't last too long)- but it's been less than 2 weeks, so I think I'm on track. I have an appt with my doc tomorrow for my 2 week followup. Matthew wakes up around 2:30a and 5:30a, my husband takes one shift, and I take one- so it's not too too bad. I still look at him, everyday, and cry. I feel like he took so long to get here, and I'm so thankful to have him. Let me see if I can post an updated picture (his eyes have rounded out some- I no longer have an Asian baby!).

I hope you all are doing well. I can't wait to hear everyone's updates!!

531575_10100192325774746_1444241702_n.jpg
Here is my sweet baby! He will be 2 weeks on Wednesday :)

dc - Great to get an update from you! Matthew is adorable! Have you decided on what you will do after maternity leave e.g.. day care, nanny, work schedule adjustments?

DC, he is such a cute little baby! How wonderful. So glad he's here with you now!

No big update from me yet -- my nausea is starting to lift, but I'm still feeling really tired. I've started to do prenatal yoga and I think that might be helping my energy a bit. We're down to one week until our 12-week appointment, so I'm just hanging on for that. I feel like things are OK, but I could sure use some reassurance!

Hey Jess - It's good that the nausea is lifting, but I see that you are currently feeling sick? Are they going to do a scan at your 12 week? At the very least I'm sure they will listen for the heartbeat.

Hi! Yes, I'm feeling pretty yucky today...I guess it hasn't completely gone away yet! I was up RAVENOUS in the middle of the night and again early this morning, and now I'm feeling exhausted and nauseous. Ginger candies are helping a bit. They're not doing an u/s at my 12-week appointment, unfortunately, but they will listen for the heartbeat. I have to wait until 14 weeks for the next u/s. What a long wait it's been!

How are you feeling?

I'm surprised they aren't doing a 12 week scan, especially if you want the nucheal fold screening?

DC, I see you're up and posting at 6 am...early morning with baby?

Yeah, the scan dates are a bit confusing. They're doing the Maternity 21 blood test at 12 weeks, then the scan at 14. My OB is switching to a new process with the nuchal fold scan where they actually wait a couple more weeks and are able to look at more indicators. I don't know what indicators they'll be looking at at 14 weeks, because the nuchal fold wouldn't be translucent anymore, but apparently it's some new protocol that's just being introduced? I think either way, the scan is less important because the blood test is highly accurate. Can't wait to get the testing done!

Also, do you ladies remember if they were able to hear the heartbeat at 12 weeks?

Hope everyone is well.

He actually slept til 645 this morning! But I'm an early riser anyways :)
I didn't hear the heartbeat for a while, because the placenta was anterior, blocking sound and movement. So, no I didn't hear it until about 16 weeks- but that's probably just me!

sept - I had my nuchal testing scan done the same day as my 12 week appointment with my ob and he didn't check for a heartbeat probably because I just had the ultrasound done and everything looked fine. The first time I got to hear the heartbeat was at 16 weeks. As a side note, at both the 16 week and 20 week appointments it took some time to get to hear the heartbeat because my baby was moving around so much - away from the doppler I guess.

All: I'm doing ok, with the exception of my manager giving me a hard time because I told him I was hoping to work from home today because I could use an extra hour of sleep and some minor physical aches and pains. I have random discomfort in my legs and feet recently and some occassional back pain. During my drive home yesterday I had a pain in my back for about 15 minutes that seemed to relieve itself when I kept my back arched. For the leg discomfort I did buy some compression socks and they seem to help a little but still not great. Also, I've definitely slowed down. I cannot walk as fast as I used to and walking up stairs is more taxing. I have my next appointment on Friday - will be exactly 24 weeks.

Oh man, I really hope they find the heartbeat on Monday...I can't wait another two weeks!

DC, that's great that you're naturally an early riser. I have some adjusting to do...

Notopt, that sucks that your manager is giving you a hard time. Sheesh. I bet he'd be just great at carrying a baby.

It was a great one! Can't tell you how much it helped me get through IVF!

Aww ;) Hope all you ladies are doing well! I'm sitting here holding a sleepy baby who has his 6 month shots today!

Hi ladies,

I know I am pretty late into the game, but we just had an ET done on Monday, 23rd Sept, due to OHSS we had to push back our ET from July to August and due to personal circumstances another month into September.
We had 23 eggs retrieved, unfortunately none fertilized, so they did a rescue ICSI and 14 fertilized, however due to the OHSS we had to freeze and only 3 made it to the freezer. For the ET two survived the thaw process and we decided to go ahead and put both in since we were not sure if they would survive another freeze thaw cycle. Although the doc asked us to abstain after taking the Ovidrel to trigger ovulation for my natural cycle, it was hubbies bday and we DTD anyways, I know it would put us at risk for maybe having triplets, but we thought nothing's worked so far what are the chances of it happening.
So anyhoo, now we are in the TWW with a test scheduled on Oct 7th.
We used RSC for our process, do you ladies have any words on your experiences with them ?

H&H wishes for those expecting and good luck to those still waiting :)

Hey, just saw this! Good luck in your 2 week wait!! What a ride you've had!! Looking forward to hearing your news :) I don't know what RSC is, but wishing you luck! Not a lot of the girls are on this anymore, two of us have babies, and one is due anytime now! Hoping you can join the baby club!

Dc - hope he was brave for his shots!! We have another shot coming up on oct 9th. We are spreading the vaccines out and not doing them all.

Keeda - how are you feeling? I had success with a frozen embryo transfer - now I have a three month old and her brothers and sisters are frozen for the future!

Hi DC! :hi: Miss chatting with you! I can't believe your little one is 6 months old! How did the shots go?

And notopt, how is your baby 3 months old already?! Time is flying.

All is well here...I'm 38 weeks and ready!

Keeda, wishing you lots of luck. As DC said, this thread has gone pretty dead now -- I don't have experience with RSC. Have you checked their success rates on sart.org?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->