Any Bostonians starting IVF?

Thank you all.

Uggh.. I wish I would have found this sooner. Either ways, RSC = Reproductive Science Center, they have a bunch of branches the one I go to is in Lexington.

They have an OK rate of success, they do have a large number of cycles that they have worked on. Besides, our doc and network only covers that clinic. So dont have much choice.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. Need all the luck now.

Well, this thread may come back to life with new ladies now that you've posted here. It's so nice to have local buddies going through the same process. Not long now until your testing date! Keep us posted and hang in there for the next week.

The Official date given to me by the doc at RSC is 7th Oct. I had the ET done on 23rd Sept. I could give in and test on the HPT but I want to live a few more days in wonderland and wait till the official date.
The only and biggest positive symptom that I have is that AF has not visited. But for all the positivism, that might be because of my daily progesterone and nothing else.
Waiting for the 7th now !!

Keeda - wow that's soon! I understand waiting for the official day - that's what I did. I believe my test date was on a Monday too and I had no clue that I was pregnant. I had mild cramping off and on throughout the wait but that was about it. If you read back in the thread though, the Friday before my test date I was very forgetful and a little out of it - I damaged my car a bit on the undercarriage after getting gas and did a few other flaky things that day.

The only "change" that I have noticed behavior wise is the amount of food that I am eating. My appetite has gone through the roof and normally I am the one freezing at night but the past week, I have been asking DH to turn on the fan/ac cos I am sweating a river.
Oh Oh and I have been very..snappy with my DH. I hope its not just the progesterone supplement thats causing all this.

Ladies,
I am thinking of changing my clinic. Do you have any recommendations or suggestions. How have your experiences been with your clinic.
Thanks a ton

Keeda - I also had major sweating a few nights during the 2ww. Why do you think you want to switch clinics? Septbride, dc and I all went through the Brigham/partners clinic. I had dr. Hornstein and I saw him at the satellite office at newton-wellesley. He is a brigham doc but sees patients at newton-wellesley hospital on fridays (i live in newton so it was convenient for me). He was fantastic!

One of the reasons being that we are moving to central mass, the clinic that I am currently visiting has the closest office in wellesley which is fine for ultrasounds, but the doc doesn't service that location, I will have to travel 60 miles to visit the doc on the south shore.
That and the fact that they only work with RSC which as per the govt ART rates is the second worst out of the total of 8 clinics that do fertility treatments,
Also, trying to talk to the doc has been troublesome, I first have to call and talk to the front desk assistant, who then talks to the docs nurses, most of times they are not available and they call back a few hours later to follow up, at that point I can request talking to the doc which may or may not happen the same day. Sometimes these events happen over a couple of days and if I have questions or issues, I would want to be able to reach a doc within the span of a few hours and not days specially considering how time critical the entire process is.

Can you drive in to Boston? I'd recommend BWH...the nurses and doctors are great and extremely responsive. Mass General is also supposed to be very good.

Just a short disappointing update, my bHCG came back negative, doc's asked me to stop taking crinone, hopefully I get my period in the next couple of days, (TMI) already had some pink when I wiped earlier today. The clinic says I need to complete a few more tests before round 2 because the tests we previously took had "expired". Apparently tests expire every 12 months. So the whole gamut of SA, HSG, SHG etc again before they authorize me for round 2, there goes 2013.

Thanks notoptimistic and septbride for your recommendations. I think I will go with MGH primarily based on their stats online. I looked up a few docs at MGH and set up a visit for later this month. I am going to continue with RSC for one more cycle, the only reason being that they have my history, but I would like to get a second opinion from another doc. If the second cycle fails at least I will have a head start on the second doc.

Keeda. I will be going to Brigham and Women's Hospital once the hubby is on my insurance so we can do everything then. I have heard and read nothing but good things about them and they are 2nd in the country for fertility clincs. MGH is #7 so still very good.

Keeda- So sorry about the negative. It didn't work for me the first time either. Do you know the reason for your infertility? Mine was "unexplained." I have a friend who also had to redo all her tests before her second ivf cycle because of the one year expiration - I think it is because health insurance requires them to redo the tests. It sucks but hopefully you can get that out of the way quickly and then start the next cycle. In the meanwhile, keep trying on your own. Sept got pregnant naturally after a couple failed ivfs so it can happen!

So sorry, Keeda. I had to redo several tests at one point as well...I know it's super frustrating to have to jump through those hoops again. Hang in there and keep us posted on MGH.

Same for me, its defined as Unexplained.
Both of us have "normal" stats. No issues with FSH, AMH or the sperm count, motility etc. I get my periods every 30 days on the clock. I ovulate on day 14 every month +- 2 days. No idea on what the issue is.
As for my MGH appt, that might take a little longer, apparently the doc needs all my medical records from the previous processes and that is going to take a while to get, (7-10 Business Days) either ways, I think this cycle will be a forced break. Trying to look for the silver lining here.

Amanda

Thanks for the feedback. The earliest appointment I am getting at MGH is end of November, so I might talk to BW to see if I can get anything earlier than that.

notoptimistic
we have the same reason unexplained female infertility.

Sept
I hope my story goes like yours and I get a natural BFP this month, would be on :cloud9:

God Luck. I have been trying to call and talk to see how far appointments are going but havent not spoke to anyone yet. We have to wait until jan anyways for when the hubby is on my insurance. But i keep calling anyways hoping I can get a hold of someone....I dont llike this whole process it makes me nervous lol

I just called actually and got my appointment for early november 7th for my consultation. That makes me feel good that we have that out of the way now. They were super nice and just said if I wanted to get everything faxed over that I could have my drs do that.

Got an appointment for 1 Nov at the newton location for BW
Yay.
Thanks a bunch ladies .. How are you all doing ?
When are your due dates for the ones who are expecting ?

Good luck with your appointments ladies! Which doctors are you seeing? My doc was dr hornstein. He was fantastic! I had my baby July 7th. I'll certainly go back to him for baby #2!

Well I got my appointment moved up to 10-21 so thats this monday so I am excited for that. I was at first going to see Dr. Anchan but because we moved it I will be seeing Dr. Fox now. I am so excited to finally get started on this and see what the plan is. I dont even know what to expect or anything. Yeah BWH was awesome and quick at getting me in so I liked that so far lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->