Any clothing suggestions for a newbie?

Ooh great thread, I struggle to find clothes that are suitable for breastfeeding in! I have a few blouse type tops with buttons down the front that I wear with leggings but do feel a bit exposed!

I'm fairly sure I'm going to live in leggings and vest tops until LO is done with breastfeeding. Had a look on the Mothercare website and disliked every nursing top. Did get a striped maternity top and a pair of jeans though so wasn't a complete disaster ;) xx

Ooh great thread, I struggle to find clothes that are suitable for breastfeeding in! I have a few blouse type tops with buttons down the front that I wear with leggings but do feel a bit exposed!

I'm fairly sure I'm going to live in leggings and vest tops until LO is done with breastfeeding. Had a look on the Mothercare website and disliked every nursing top. Did get a striped maternity top and a pair of jeans though so wasn't a complete disaster ;) xx

Leggings is all I fit into at the min, still have a stone to lose before I can fit back into my jeans :blush:

I definitely just wear nursing tank tops underneath looser tops to pull up. I also have a couple nursing shirts which are handy. I honestly never wear my nursing bras as I find with all the stiff thick material they are so much harder to pull down than with a tank top! But I have to say I absolutely hate dressing for nursing and find that I can't wear any of the clothes I like anymore.

Oh, also I had a couple maternity shirts where the bust part can just be pulled to the side. They aren't nursing shirts but I find they work best of all!

I've been wearing stretchy (cotton/polyester blend) V-neck tee shirts that I already had pre-pregnancy. I don't know how well they'd work for the weather where you are, though. It's still over 100 degrees outside where I live.

It was around 20c (68f) today but that's our summer weather leaving. It's usually around -5 (23f) come Christmas so not very practical. I like to be layered and wrapped up. They're not something I'd usually wear but maybe v necks would work during the warmer months x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->