Any downsides to a moby wrap?

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Been doing research and I love the moby so far from what I can see/ read. Will I love it as much as I think? We are a pretty active family with dogs and tons of outdoor hobbies. It looks like (when I get practiced) I can tie this once and be good for the day even with taking baby in and out. Does this sound right, or do I have a totally unrealistic dreams?

I love it, it's great but it's jersey material so I'd imagine it will start sagging the heavier LO gets which is why I also gonna invest in a woven wrap but apart from that I looove it. I wear it everwhere x

Oh and meant to say aswell, if your taking LO in and out I find out might need to tie it again cos it can get a bit bumfled but thats just me but I think again its because of the material. Everytime I take Ryan out and put him back in he feels a little less secure, not like he'll fall but just not as close to me. x

I find I need to tighten it a bit too when I'm putting Emma in and out of it lots when we are out but it's pretty easy to tighten it with her already in it. Now that she's a bit bigger (20lbs), I prefer having her in a mei tai type carrier for outdoorsy stuff but I still use the Moby in the house since she looks so comfy and cozy in it (I also feel like she's more secure in a mei tai when I'm wearing a winter jacket).

Hummm they are lovely but they arent as practical as a meitai as you have to faff about with tying/untying, its not like you can just whip the baby in and out iykwim :lol: same with any wrap, woven or stretch I guess!!

It also depends on what carries you use, if you use rebozo carries all the time I suppose its pretty quick but they are better suited to woven wraps :)

x

I still use my moby and i love it even tho ds is 1 on monday and is one heck of a chubby bum, i just tie it a little more tighter and it is brill, i know laurie still uses hers and Deri is 1 soon as well.

... if you use rebozo carries all the time I suppose its pretty quick but they are better suited to woven wraps :)x

What sort of "carry" is a rebozo? I'm pretty new to the whole sling/ wrap thing as dd really wasn't a fan and I was really scared I was going to suffocate her in it because I didn't know how to use it...

These are rebozo carries :D

https://wrapababy.com/baby-wearing-wrapping-instructions/rebozo-tummy-to-tummy-carry/18/

https://wrapababy.com/baby-wearing-wrapping-instructions/rebozo-hip-carry/11/

https://wrapababy.com/baby-wearing-wrapping-instructions/rebozo-back-carry/895/

they're alot simpler and easier on and off than normal wrapping techniqes :D !

It sort of turns your wrap into a "ring sling" style carrier so alot more practical if your whippin bubba in and out :lol:

x

I've not used a stretchy wrap, but when I was looking I was told that stretchy wraps just don't cut it when your LO is bigger, so I bought a woven wrap, sooo glad I did, I tried it out with Summer the otherday and it was sooo comfy, sure I will love it with bump!!

Oh and AFAIK rebozo carries are those done with a rebozo length (short) wrap

i LOVED the moby, but ruby is a BIG 7 month old, and weighs 24lb, so for the last while, its started to go saggy when she was in there a while, and it got annoying having to take it off to retie, and its impossible if you are out and about as theres nowhere to put her while u do it! ive gone back to a meitai now, and its perfect, but not so good for a newborn...

In my experience it has been a great method to carry a newborn, I was out walking my 4 dogs at 5 days old with a moby style wrap. It does slacken off a bit as you walk, but I have a method to combat it! I tie it tight and walk with him just sitting for about 10mins, by that point it's wiggled to where it wants to be then by tucking his head in it's tight again:) I have a Mei Tai but that will be for when he's bigger, it's no way as snug for him.
The only thing I would say is thsat after a good hour you are vey hot!! Theres a lot of material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->