Any full-time working moms out there??

avistar

#1DD and preg with #2
Reaction score
I feel so alone sometimes. I have to go back to work come the end of this month and really feel like 99% of people I know have the option of staying home, are home already, or have family to help out while at home or working. I even have neighbors who think that I should be staying home...:cry: Really makes me upset at times.

Anyone on here work full-time and have their baby with a care provider? Any helpful tips for how to cope??

I'm applying for jobs just now, but I'm really looking forward to going back to work. I think the first couple of weeks will be the hardest, and I do wonder if I'm doing the right thing as I love being at home with Niamh. I'm looking forward to being my own person too though, and doing something 'adult' if you get what I mean.

Yes me.

There is no tips on coping, you just have to get on with it. I wish every minute of every day that I am at work that I was at home with my little girl but it just isnt an option for us. We couldnt cope with just OHs wages coming in. It is upsetting but it gets easier

x

im a full timer hun....!!

I have my mum and nan to help out... i do feel like everyone around me can have time off too... especially my 2 mummy friends who can spend time together and I feel like im missing out!! I also really want to go to baby groups and stuff :(

I dont feel tired or run down as much but I do wish I didnt have to work so much!!

my baby is with a childminder as i return to work ft tomorrow

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

im gonna miss her so mch

i'm a full timer too !!!

the only way i cope is looking forward to seeing them every night when i get home, they are so appreciative of the fact i'm not always there, but they love it when i pick the up from nursery / pre school, they're always there with a beaming smile and so excited to tell me all about their days !!

alex

I go back to work on 1st June and am dreading that first day. Harry will have 3 "induction days" at the nursery prior to me leaving him there all day on 1st June, but I don't know if it's going to make it any easier or not. At the moment, I don't even want to think about it, because when I do it makes me cry so god knows what i'm going to be like when the time comes. I'll be working Monday - Thursday, full time hours during those days, but having Friday's off. Harry will be at the nursery Monday - Wednesday, and with my mum on Thursday.

My Lola is starting nursery in July as I'm going back to work part time, but since I also go to uni it's the same as working full time... Ah well, we're doing it for them, right? :hugs: :hugs:

yep yep yep!!! i'm off back on 3rd june and i have to be honest! i can't wait! xxxxx

yep yep yep!!! i'm off back on 3rd june and i have to be honest! i can't wait! xxxxx

I must admit that I am looking forward to having some "me" time - going back to work will be a good rest! It's hard work and physically exhausting entertaining a baby all day on your own! At the end of each day I feel like i've spent the entire day in the gym. Just to be sat at a desk during the day will be fantastic!! Just think.... actually sitting down... for more than 5 minutes at a time!! But I will miss him SO much.

I must admit that I am looking forward to having some "me" time - going back to work will be a good rest! It's hard work and physically exhausting entertaining a baby all day on your own! At the end of each day I feel like i've spent the entire day in the gym. Just to be sat at a desk during the day will be fantastic!! Just think.... actually sitting down... for more than 5 minutes at a time!! But I will miss him SO much.

awwww... i completely agree... i will miss him loads but the time i do spend with him i'll value so much! xxxxx oh and i agree on the rest and hard work bits!!!! :rofl:

Me too - as of monday. So hard already as I am so tired. :(

awwww... i completely agree... i will miss him loads but the time i do spend with him i'll value so much! xxxxx oh and i agree on the rest and hard work bits!!!! :rofl:

I dont miss courtney so much i get down about it.. cos i can see her on my break time and stuff! Its soooo lovely when i get in from work and she sees me and gets super excited!! It makes everything worthwhile... plus my time I do spend with her is much more quality time :)

:hugs: I can relate. We can't afford for me not to return to work and I doubt my work will let me return part time. I am going to look for a new part time job when the time comes but there are no guarantees I'll find anything that pays enough. Sucks doesn't it? Especially when people harp on about staying at home as we all have a choice and all have husbands working in business who can afford to keep the whole family singlehandedly.

Hi Ladies, Im another full timer, I work shifts so sometimes I get to spend some time with my LO in the morning and other times I get to bath him and put him to bed.. So Im lucky my hours work out pretty good.

As much as I love spending time with my baba Louis, I feel we both appreciate each other a bit more now that we have that time apart, I love picking him up from my mums and seeing his little face light up "mama"!! ahhh

Going back to work has been good for me, but im sooooooo tired!!

I'll be going back to work full time in the middle of August when Alyssa is 6 months old; we can't afford for me not to work. I'm the main breadwinner in our household. We're fortunate though as hubby will be home taking care of Alyssa...

I started back on the 1 April and so far everyday is tough. My job also requires me to be away from home, dreading that as my first night away is next week. My son goes to nursery full time. I would love to stay at home but because of the current economic crisis I have too. Hubbie has his own business which is doing okay but you never know so he has assured me its only till next year May then we can review the situation. I feel like I am missing so much

My Lola is starting nursery in July as I'm going back to work part time, but since I also go to uni it's the same as working full time... Ah well, we're doing it for them, right? :hugs: :hugs:

I tell this to myself, everyday.

Thanks everyone for sharing :hugs: Does make me feel better. I was just telling my DH today that I wish he could stay home with dd as I make more $$$ and we should move somewhere that is cheaper. There are always options :)

I'm away from Savannah 4 days/ week plus still breastfeeding. I'm happy to be your support buddy!
I find it stressful having to pump at work, but I actually like being back at work otherwise. I have a good day care centre which really puts your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->