Any IVF success after 3 or more fails?

hi ladies - i'm hoping you might be able to give me some hope (babydrms you may remember me from summer FET thread).

I found out on Weds that our 3rd cycle failed - i tested 7dp5dt and nothing - so never even had chemical pregnancy, OTD was 21st Nov and BFN (we'll AF has arrived day before so no surprise).

I've now had 1xfresh (1xblast), 1xFET (2 blasts) & 1 x fresh (2xblast). Each time the embroys make it to 5 day but don't seem to go anywhere after ET. At this stage they haven't found anything "wrong" with me (i don't suffer from PCOS either), i had hyssteroscopy before last treatment and everything was fine. DH has normal count but just low normal count so we had ICSI.
I'm starting to think maybe i have immune issues do you have any advice on tests i should ask for??

Babydrms i know you were in same position as me - i have 1 blast frozen left i just don't know if it is worth even trying this one or doing another frest cycle perhaps at new clinic?

Anything advice you ladies can offer would be great -

You can try getting tested to see if you have the beta 3 integrin, this is necessary for implantation...if you don't have it then you do 3 months of lupron before transfer....

I think the biopsy is more important than than testing it for beta -3 Integrin. If it was the end be all of success, they would do it on everyone before ivf (these were my RE's exact words that convinced me yo go ahead with my final transfer - I was going to take a break). The local injury to the Endometrium is the most important piece - I had a negative biopsy the month before my 4th transfer and my bfp. I am on my phone now, and promise to answer more of your questions key. Also, please look at the first post in my journal, the very end describes the protocol which got me my bfp.

Sorry to hear key about your 3 failed tries :hugs: i know your pain and feeling what the hell do we do now!!? :cry:

I have also had 3 full failed icsi and with all three not even a hint or a chemical pregnancy, the doctor said that nothing is happening or even TRYING TO! :cry:
All my embryos were excellent condition and the nurses would also say that they couldn't ask for a better.

In regards to testing I have had everything under the sun, my recent was a natural killer biopsy to see if my uterus was too hostile for my babies?? Again they come back perfect and within range? :shrug: even though clotting is not a issue for me the doctor gave me predionole steroids, heparin injections ( they stung like hell! Every day in my thighs for the 2ww) aspirin, oestrogen tablets.. The doctor through everything into the works even though I did not really need them.. Again a huge mystery why 3 full failed cycles and over £20,OOO lost in trying and testing to see what is wrong?? ( the reason for ivf is due to my husbands severe low sperm count boarder line nothing :cry:)

After a lot of stress and heartache we are hoping to try for the 4th ivf around march at a new clinic and hopefully they will be able to help??

Coming back to your questions about immune testing, its a little expensive but try the Natural Killer test its a little uncomfortable like a smear test, but this will give a clearer picture if anything is attacking it was cd21 they told me to do the test. Also going back to basics thyroid tests most elite clinics ask for it being below 2.5 while others even say 1! Make sure yours is within range.. Prolactin also make sure that is within range, (if that is too high its telling your body that you are already pregnant and its vital for it to be within range) Blood clotting is a issue also make sure they test you on that (a quick prick on the finger and they just time)

We have exhausted every avenue, and we are hoping that the new clinic (we still need to find a place were comfortable with) will examine our embryos and take a cell too see whats going on inside of them?? as they can look amazing and strong from outside and inside be all fragmented?? again this will cost us alot but it has to be done. All my tests are coming back fine i have been poked and prodded toooooo many times!! so maybe now its to focus on the embryos. I pray so hard if they are a issue they can be fixed. I always said i wish it was me with the issue, they give me treatment and thats that. Im scared to death if theres something very wrong with the embryos and they just cant fix it... :cry:

I have been trying for so long now its getting tedious! i just wish 2013 will be a good one for us xx Keep going hun x

So babydrms you didn't have any other testing than the biopsy? I had the hysterocopy so just wish he'd done the biopsy at the same time but he didn't think it necessary!!

Nayla sorry to hear you're in the same boat as us. It sounds like you've had a lot of testing already and everything is OK - that must be so frustrating. We haven't had any tests at all just the hysteroscopy before this last full cycle. The only advantage we have is that everything has been on the nhs so far so I know we have been so lucky, but after the last fet then we are on our own.

We've got a follow-up appt on 10th and I want to go fully prepared with a list of questions and possible tests because I don't see the point of just going again and hoping!!

Here's hoping for some answers and a better 2013 - are you going to try again next year Nay la?

Kx

I would love to start as soon as, but my husband wants to wait a little, when it's a no I get in a very bad way :cry: heartbreaking to say the least.

Just mention immune testings and the doctors will take it from there. Xx

Key - I did a lot of testing, a lot of it I didn't get resulted until after the successful cy le but I did follow recommendations from about six weeks and I had been on an immune protocol. I will explain more tomorrow when I get on the real computer. Sorry, just takes so long on the phone, lol.

I followed these blogs very closely while I was going through my IVF treatments. I promised to post a success story if I ever had one. Here it is.

Hubby and I were trying to conceive 2 years after sons birth. I conceived baby boy with no problems and had a perfect pregnancy. After 1 years of TTC without success we stated fertility treatments. During the 3rd IUI got a positive pregnancy test. Ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks. 18 months later had natural pregnancy which ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks. A year later had another natural pregnancy which ended at 10 weeks as blighted ovum.

All fertility testing came back normal for DH and myself. Had every test know to man done.

IVF# 1: 25 eggs retrieved, 22 fertilized. By day 3 only 3 were 5 celled everything else stopped growing. The three were transferred with no success.
IVF #2: Changed to one of the top IVF clinics in the country. New clinic stated old clinic has a lab error because of such bad outcome.
15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized, nothing made it to day 5. NO transfer.
IVF #3: New stim drugs, added HGH, fertilized half eggs with sperm donor.
24 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, nothing made it to day 5. No transfer.

I was heartbroken and over it. I made plans to adopt. While in the adoption process 7 months after last IVF I had a positive pregnancy test. I was very nervous but made it all the way to 39 weeks and delivered my second son.

I know have a 9 year old, a 18 month old and am pregnant a 6th time as we speak. With no fertility treatment help. Hoping that I am able to carry this to term.

With all this said, nature is going to do what its going to do. I spent a lot of money and heart ache on IVF and fertility treatments. I had horrible outcomes with IVF but some how am able to get pregnant on my own. NO doctor knows why this is happening, but I did have success after 3 IVF failures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->