Any mommies with multiple preemies?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
I am feeling so depressed that my body can't even carry a baby to full term. Two preemies is really weighing on my heart. I was hoping so bad that I would not have another baby in the NICU and not get to take her home. My fears came true, and somehow I knew it would the entire pregnancy. I could not even imagine myself going further than 34 weeks.

Anyone else out there feeling this way? I spoke to my doctor and she told me that some womens bodies just like to go into pre-term labor. I am inclined to believe that this is the case for me since I do not have preclampsia or an incompetent cervix. I was also born at 26/27 weeks, so it could very well be genetic like my doctor was saying.

It makes me so scared to even try for another baby. I know I made it further this time with the progesterone shots, but what about next time? I could go earlier than I did with my first. I don't know if my heart could handle having another premature baby. In the end it would all be worth it, but I would feel like complete crap if anything happened to the baby because they came early.

I guess I could just really use some comfort right now, its so hard dealing with my sweet Ava in the NICU still :cry:.

I am so sorry you're going through this all over again. I know the feelings you're feeling all too well. My oldest was born at 28 weeks and 6 days, and my 2nd was born at 35 weeks. Like you, I too was on progesterone injections. When I went into premature labor AGAIN, I was crushed knowing another one of my babies was going to spend time in the NICU. Luckily, it was an uneventful and much shorter stay.

I went on to have 2 more babies who I managed to hold onto until 38 weeks and 4 days, and 38 weeks. I was on progesterone injections again during both pregnancies, and refrained from all sexual activity (orgasms included) by choice because I felt like it caused my uterus to contract (I was willing to give up anything to avoid another premature labor). I didn't over do it, and if I ever felt contractions or Braxton Hicks I immediately stopped what I was doing until they subsided. I think it made a difference.

Take it day by day. Your baby is a good gestation (as I'm sure you know). Big, big hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->