Any mums go running ?

catherineq87

Reaction score
I've signed for a run for charity ... I never run I need to learn to about 4.4 miles by September lol anyone recommend a good regime ? Lol

Please and thank u
I'm also asthmatic but I'm hoping that doesn't bother me too much !

Xx

There are loads of apps for couch to 5k on iTunes etc.

Or alternatively if you are a real tight arse, how I started is run to a lamppost on the street when you can't run any further, walk to the next one, then run to the next. Within a couple of days you'll notice you can run further without dying.
I'm running up to 10k (6.3m) now, and loving it again.

But loads of people use those apps on their phone's so take a look, it's a set programme so each day you are told when to run/walk and you are given rest days too.

C25k is really good, I did it after DS was born and restarted it a few weeks ago. A few days of it makes all the difference, Before starting I never imagined I could run without stopping!

Start by running one minute, walking one minute - for 20 mins if you can manage it. Do this about 4 times in a week.
The next week run for two minutes, walk for one (again four 20 min runs in a week).
The next week run for three, walk for one.
Keep going til you can run for twenty minutes non stop. Then build up to 25 mins per run, then 30 mins etc.

This is how I started running (having never done any at all) and a year later I ran a marathon x

good advice here already. Just to comment on the asthma: I bring my inhaler with me when I run. If it's bad when running, start with a spray before running, too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->