any one been put on insulin and been induced?

soon to be 3

Reaction score
hello ladies i was just wondering if any of you have been put on insulin for GD and then been induced and if so at what stage?and how was baby after?im 36 weeks and been put on it today they told me i could be induced at 38weeks but have to see what the ob say as its down to them i really dont have a clue about any of this as my GD only just came a few weeks ago so any advice would be really good thank you so much xxx

I'm not on insulin just metformin but my induction is booked for 38 weeks hope this helps

I am on insulin, but always have as I am tyoe 1 diabetic. I will have a section at 38 weeks and everyone I know that is on insulin (you meet lots of women at the diabetic pregnancy clinic as you are there every week and the consultants are always late) is being induced at 38 weeks. Something to do with placental failure.

I developed GD, on metformin and insulin and being induced next wednesday (38+1). I've also had a sweep today so I'd get in there and ask for one if they don't offer you before your induction...it might help.

Sorry I don't have any personal post induction experience for you but my sis has been induced twice due to the same issue and it wasn't a quick process.

You are encouraged to hand express milk (if you are choosing to bf) from 36 weeks if you are gestationally diabetic as it is good to level the baby's sugars once born and can bring on labour spontaneously due to the increase of oxytocin. Ask your diabetes midwife or consultant about this.

What insulin have you been put on by the way and how much?

At the office I go to they do a weekly scan and will not induce unless they see a reason to do so... BUT I will be having baby at 39 weeks due to a repeat c-section...

I have GD and have been on insulin since 26 weeks. I'm now 35+3 and am being induced at 38+3, although this was at my request. They have also offered to do a sweep at 37 weeks if my cervix is favourable, I think partly as I had my second son at 38 weeks, 3rd son at 37 weeks spontaneously.

My hospital have been quite laid back in a way about the birth and induction/labour and although they said they wouldn't allow me to go past term, they were happy to keep an eye on things and see how it went, so for me, being on insulin didn't automatically mean induction until term.

I developed GD, on metformin and insulin and being induced next wednesday (38+1). I've also had a sweep today so I'd get in there and ask for one if they don't offer you before your induction...it might help.

Sorry I don't have any personal post induction experience for you but my sis has been induced twice due to the same issue and it wasn't a quick process.

You are encouraged to hand express milk (if you are choosing to bf) from 36 weeks if you are gestationally diabetic as it is good to level the baby's sugars once born and can bring on labour spontaneously due to the increase of oxytocin. Ask your diabetes midwife or consultant about this.

What insulin have you been put on by the way and how much?

thank you that is very helpful about the breast milk and some good info all is good info so thank you ladies.im on novorapid and only 4units i have to go back in two days and see if my levels are lower if not they will up it and then see again and keep putting it up untill it lowers i will be asking for a sweep i hope they can do it i was 1cm dilated 2 weeks ago i have a ob app on Monday do you think they would do a sweep at 36+3 or is that to early???and by the way where are u from in London if you don't mind me asking i was just wondering what hospital u are under thank you so much to all of you it is so nice to have this site with lovely ladies like you because i really don't have a clue about any of this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

im on insulin and i am confused as to when they will induce me as they gave a figure of between 37-39 weeks ??? when people ask me when am i due i find i have to explain that i dont know because blarr blarr blarrrr. And talking of people asking me when am i due, i am getting fed up of it because its the same people asking the same questions every week and then u get the, "so how many wks are u now?"

I am going to wear a t-shirt that says all the info on

lol the same here every day and i dont know to say in 2 weeks or 4 weeks but i mean how many times do u have to asked really cant you think of any thing else to talk to me about lol i think i might get one of them t-shirts lol xxx

I am on insulin and am being induced at 38 weeks. My baby is measuring 39 weeks already so I am expecting a big baby!

I am being taken into hospital the night before my induction and put on a sliding scale drip of insulin and glucose and have to be constantly monitored. I'm not sure if that's the same for everyone tho, but I am taking way more insulin than you so that may be why.

im on insulin, i have 5 units at breakfast, 2 units for lunch and 8 for dinner and im not being induced!! im actually due tomorrow and im 1cm dilated, tried to have a sweep on thursday and they couldnt do it, i have a meeting on tuesday when ill be 40 +2 and its only then they will discuss induction as baby hasnt been affected by it, she is within normal growth range and i dont have excess fluid due to it so they wouldnt induce prior to due date x

I am a type 1 diabetic and was induced at 38 weeks with both my babies. The first induction took about 2-3 hours to start and the baby was born 12 hours after the start of the induction. The second ended in an emergency C-section 10 hours after the start (I was 8cm dilated at the time) as my baby's heart rate was dropping severely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->