Any one else wonder why they are so fat?

Also, eating just 100-200 calories per day over your "maintenance" calories will eventually add weight to your body. If you have just *one* binge type extra meal per week (say, drinking 5-10 drinks in a night with the wings/fries etc like so many people do at the pub), it will really add extra weight over time, no matter how good your "good" days are.

Well for a deep pan 12" version of the pizza i had its 1470 calories and i had the 10" thin base so its less than that.

What about it's Saturated Fat content? Topping? I follow WW points and a 10inch thin base veg pizza works out a nearly all my days points allowance!

Try swapping bread for wraps, Have marg or mayo, not both. Whilst you are eating Brown Bread it is still "refined carbs" Rice and couscous are good options. :hugs:

Edited to add: There is an obsence amount of salt in Pizza!! I know I retain alot of water when I eat alot of processed food.

OP I would really recommend a simple program like Weight Watchers, it will help you learn how to track and understand calorie intake (through the points system)!

You can also always make alternatives... here's my "pizza"

1 whole wheat pita flat (usually 6" round)
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup shredded skim milk cheese
Assorted veggies (I use diced mushrooms & 1 diced chicken breast)

Through it in the oven and broil it :) YUM!

i use wraps in stead of breah :hugs: its so much better for you and you can stuff it will chicken and all sorts of veg and salad!!

you should sign up to WW, the points systems brill!
i think you would benefit most from that!

instead of having the whole 10" pizza could you not have one slice then salad?? on a bad day (once a week) the just salad with chicken/fish in a wrap?

xxx

OP I would really recommend a simple program like Weight Watchers, it will help you learn how to track and understand calorie intake (through the points system)!

I agree, when i follow it, it works wonders! I'm back on it now:thumbup: You calculate foods points buy looking at the calorie value and saturated fat content. The main thing WW showed me was how huge my portion sizes are, for example, I would be haing 4 x the recommended weight for Pasta ext... It really does open your eyes!

This is going to sound silly and may sound delusional to some people but i dont know why im so fat. I weight 20 stone and i dont know why.

Today i had 2 slices of toast, sandwich with 2 slices of bread low fat marge, low fat mayo and 2 slices of salami and a 10" pizza. Today hasent been a great day, i normaly have more fruit and veg but even still. Thats not a lot compared to the fat people on tv who weight the same as me, they have 6 bacon rolls for breakfast.

I cant seem to loose any weight as much as i try:cry:

All carbs and fat unfortunately :( :hugs:

Ideally you need to have a small plate of food per meal(lunch/dinner). 1/2 should be fruit or veg. 1/4 should be a complex carbohydrate (like brown rice) and 1/4 should be protein (like meat). Oats are fantastic for breakfast, and as they have a lot of protein they will fill you up for longer.

Protein is one of the best things you can eat. The more you have, the fuller your body will feel for longer. It uses protein for fuel, and also make your body healthier.

Things like carbs, are very unsatisfying. When you eat them then you will feel full quickly, but about an hour afterwards you will start to become hungry again. They are very empty foods.

Do you exercise everyday? I don't mean a walk somewhere, but actually go and do 30mins of exercise a day until you are sweating. If not, then that is another reason why it's hard to shift the weight. Just one small bag of crisps has enough calories and fat in it to mean that you have to walk 2 miles at a brisk pace to burn it off.

Good luck hun :)

I agree with Soph on some level except... Eating too much food is not the only way to gain weight. When I was 16 I was on weight watchers (as I am now) and I was on it for six months and only lost 5 lbs. This was because my thyroid was shot and I didn't know it yet.

Now I am on medication and I have lost 20 lbs with WW in one month. I really do think you should get your thyroid checked. If you don't have a properly working thyroid you can't have a properly working metabolism. It's like having everything you need to build a fire except a match. :hugs:

I hope we didn't offend you. I really thought you were looking for advice.

I have to agree... Even if you dont want to join you should look at their website... they offer free advice on it... I weighed 242 lbs (over 17 stones) and now I am at 166 (almost 12 stones) I am 6 lbs away from my goal with them and for the first time almost at a healthy BMI. It teaches you how to eat... its not a frozen meal diet that your stuck on for ever... its not even a diet... It just teaches you how to eat right... :)

I was like you ... I ate and thought I was eating good.... but I wasnt...You whould jot down everything you eat... even if its a nibble... It really ads up...

A diet of Low fat High fiber foods is really good for you... You should divide your plate up in 3 parts... Half your plate is a veggie... 1 quarter is a side and the other quarter is your meat. And make sure you eat breakfast... that gets your body in motion.

Fiber is soo good for you. Not only does it keep your body working ;) its also a food that makes your body work hard to digest... so that burns more calories :) Its a good thing.

I have found that there are soooo many good low fat foods out there. Bread is not a good food to have much of... But I have found that there are some really good low cal breads so eating 2 slices on a sandwich is equal to 1/2 a regular piece of bread. I find that I am eating more now then I did when I didnt care what I ate... but the choices I make are much better and its working...

I have lost almost 80lbs and NO EXCERSISE :happydance:You can do it!!!! its just learning a better way of eating!!!! Im always here if you want to ask any questions :headspin:

:rofl: Just noticed Rafwifes plate advice :lol: said the same thing :lol:

it doesnt matter about what u eat but more about portion control and exercise will make a difference if ur doin the right exercise for what type of body u have

Awww sweetie :hugs:

I've no doubting why I am fat - I eat too much and do no exercise.

I think sometimes it might seem that you are being good and actually maybe you're not really.

I know what you mean about seeing some of those programmes - they eat tonnes, but although they weigh the same, it doesn't mean the have the same amount of fat - their BMI might be more than yours.

Maybe it's worth doing a food diary for a week, so you can see exactly what you eat and be as honest as possible, including everything. Weigh yourself at the beginning and end of the week. It might help to give you an idea.

If you want, you can email it me and I can work out what your week would have been on slimming world.

xx

I agree, when i follow it, it works wonders! I'm back on it now:thumbup: You calculate foods points buy looking at the calorie value and saturated fat content. The main thing WW showed me was how huge my portion sizes are, for example, I would be haing 4 x the recommended weight for Pasta ext... It really does open your eyes!

Totally agree, i was guna have a jacket for tea with cheese, went to weigh the cheese in a 40g portion and realised how small that is compared to what i thought it was! The reason im fat is i would also eat that 10 inch pizza and think its not that bad but in reality skinny people really only eat the slice and have salad instead! It took me ages to realise the reason im fat is i eat too much and dont excercise- truth hurts.

A normal day for me is

Breakfast One packet of original oats so simple made with semi skimed milk.

Snack, a piece of fruit.

Lunch, a sandwich with 2 slices of wholemeal bread and some chicken or ham, a muller light yogurt and another bit of fruit.

Tea, Ether some sort of home made pasta, chilli,soup,curry, meat and veg or a walm salad. Every thing is made from scratch, no packets or jars. All visibal fat is cut of meat, i dont have sugar in my tea, i never eat crisps and ill have a bar of chocolate once a month when iv got pms. Il have a glass of wine about once every 3 weeks and a takeaway the same.

Are you gaining weight, or just maintaining weight atm?

Raf im maintaning at the mo, Iv actualy lost a bit but thats because iv been ill.

Georgie i dont do planned exercise but im never off my feet at work and as i dont drive i walk most places. I try to go on WII fit for at least 30 mins 5 times a week but this all depends on my shifts.

If you're eating the above each day religiously, with sensible portions and maintaining then you need to exercise to lose.

Being on your feet all day is a good start, but ideally you need to do 30 minutes of proper exercise a day. You need to start slow though if you've not exercised before or in a while.

Have you tried counting your calories and recording your activity for a prolonged period of time?

It doesn't make sense to be eating less than the average female (although I don't know your dinner portions) and exercising 5x per week, but to be almost 300lbs (20 stone is 280lbs right? Sorry, I'm not from the UK). The math just doesn't add up, there must be something off track to be 100-150lbs overweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->