Any one pay into........

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Dose any one pay into a private health plan?

I pay in £8 a week, i get it at a slight reduced rate because its through my company.

When i have a child i will get £800.

But i was having a look and if i pay £10 a week i get back £1000. I will have to change a year before baby is born, so change it a few months before we ttc but i couldent decide if it would be worth it.

Dont want to discus it with OH cos he would freak.

Opinions please!

I have one but I don't pay, my work does for both of us so I am lucky.

If you pay the extra £8 per month for one year that is a total of £96 and you would get £200 extra so it seems sensible if you can afford the wee bit extra.

xxx

we don't, but if we had the opportunity through james work, then i would definitely do it hon!

Just had a look and its 10 months before i need to change it. I think il mention it to OH closer to the date, dont know why though, it comes out on my wadge and he dosent contribute.

Your lucky that your work pay into one for you pops, i get naff all of my work, i dont even qulify for company maternity pay.

we don't, but if we had the opportunity through james work, then i would definitely do it hon!

You can do it on your own, i get nearly £20 off a month because it goes though my companys patrol but it dosent need to go through them.

https://www.hsf.eu.com/uk/

Thats who im with and would recomend them, iv never had any problems and anything iv claimed have come back pritty quick

OH pays into one for us both, about £15/month though. If I get pregnant he gets a £250 healthy pregnancy payout (Between 24 and 32 weeks), then he gets a £650 payout once baby is here (upto 3months old) and he also gets his normal wage for 2weeks from work AND a £200 weekly wage for any more time he takes off from work after the birth (Upto 3 weeks only) and this is 'valid' for upto 1 pregnancy/birth per 45weeks, which means I could get pregnant, have a baby, get pregnant, have a baby, and so on and still get all the payouts!!

This is with Westfield - I think. Well worth it IMO :)

I'm still a student so i don't but my OH has private healthcare through work, and its free i think. I don't know if it covers me at all though :shrug:

I don't. I think you can't have private insurance anyway until you reached a certain salary tax level.

I'm still a student so i don't but my OH has private healthcare through work, and its free i think. I don't know if it covers me at all though :shrug:

Id find out,

Its worthwile for us even with out having children, i need reading glasses and OH wares contacts, we can claim it all back

Id find out,

Its worthwile for us even with out having children, i need reading glasses and OH wares contacts, we can claim it all back

you know what, i think i will find out if it covers me at all, my OH has said in the past that he'd rather me give birth in a private hospital.

This isent private like a bupa one but you can claim the money back that you pay at specsavers or at the dentist. You could pay to go private and claim it back but you have to pay it out in the first place

Oh yeah, my OH has bupa through work, and when he had his accident in april, he had to pay a certain amount first but didn't have to pay for the rest of his care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->