Any other Chicken Pox virgins?

zoomhilda

Reaction score
I've not had the chicken pox nor the vaccine. MW requested blood work to confirm (she didn't believe me.) Anyone else in the same boat? Thinking an immunization is in my near future...

I've never had it, and have no immunity to it. I've never been pushed for a vaxx, and I don't even think it's safe to have it while pregnant, as it's a live vaccine. It should be part of your initial bloodwork I would think?

most people are immune, I think 99% of the population. Most people have been exposed and have the antibodies even if they think they've never had them.

Then there are people like me :) (and maybe you) I have never had them, was tested when I was pregnant with my first, and I didn't have the antibodies. So I was told to stay away from kids, and if I was exposed I needed to get to the hospital within 72 hrs for a shot. So after I had my first, and finished breastfeeding, I got the vaccine and then got the booster.... then I was pregnant with my second and I asked for a blood test to confirm... and low and behold... I still don't have the antibodies.. the vaccine didn't take!!!

So now pregnant the 3rd time.. again hoping to be lucky.

You can't get the vaccine while you're pregnant or while breastfeeding since it's a live vaccine.

Good luck!!!

Nope never had them, but had the vaccine.. However apparently I still am not immune. But you CANNOT get the vaccine while pregnant.

I've never had it but have acquired immunity somehow anyway. I definitely wouldn't get the vaccine while pregnant though. Are you likely to be exposed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->