Any other irregular gals out there?? Let's stick together! (TTC#1 FORUM))

2ducks, I realize that I misread your latest post and did not realize that it was a real BFP for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I guess your 2 ducks will soon have some company ;) Keep us posted on how it goes for you, I can't wait to join you in the first trimester forum ;)

Inkedlady, Sarah, Iloveme I wish you the best for your new cycles!

Now that my first precious O on Clomid happened, I am worrying because I have a wedding coming up this week-end, with party planed for 2 entire days (yes, 2 days and 2 nights, sleeping in tents)
I am worried as I will be at 5-6 dpos, and would not like the party-mode to scare the potential baby away…

I heard that drinking a few glasses of alcool don’t hurt before the implantation, but having a 2 days party with not much sleep can send message to your body that this is not the optimal time to get pregnant, and affect implantation…

Of course, I do not want to take any risk, but on the other hand, I would be very sad not to take the most of the week-end if Af shows eventually.

So, as I get my progesterone test tomorrow (at 3dpo), and after few researches online, I decided that :
-if levels are below 5, from what I understood, it means that my O wasn’t that great with few chances of successful implantation, so I will enjoy my week-end reasonably, but still partying
-if levels are 10 or above, I will only attend part of the wedding (not the entire week-end) and be very cautious while drinking.
-if levels are above 20 : I will just not drink at all, and act as if I were pregnant
-if levels are in between 5 and 10 : I haven’t decided yet :)

Do you think that I am being crazy? I can’t stop thinking about it, do you allow yourself to drink or party during LP? I have been waiting for this baby for so long already, I would not like to scare him/her away!

Sorry for not updating sooner ladies. It's been busy over here and there hasn't been much to report. First things first..

CONGRATS 2Ducks!! I am so happy for you! I wish you a happy, healthy, and uneventful 9 months!!! Please do keep in touch and let us know how things are going!!

I had my 3 and 21 day testing done finally. Day 3 all came back normal. I got a call from my doctors nurse on day 22 who said almost verbatim, "I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't appear as if you're ovulating". Well... Um...DUH, I already told them that. I guess they need confirmation. They gave me the option of starting clomid. My DH and I have decided to wait and try naturally a bit longer. I haven't ovulated since the beginning of April and I just have a gut feeling it won't be happening any time soon. I did make another appointment with my doctor at the end of August. Hopefully I can convince her to do more testing to see what exactly is out of balance that is preventing me from ovulating. Not even my good dieting seems to be working now. I did order omega-3 and vitamin D drops. With the good research out there, I'm hoping they'll help. They should be arriving this Friday.

Also, do any of you ladies have difficulty with getting email notifications? I feel like I sign up for notifications, they send me emails for a couple weeks, and then notifications just stop. I have to resign up for notifications again. It explains why I haven't been on. I don't realize any of you have posted

Called my RE's office on Tuesday to let them know I was on CD1. Doing a fourth cycle of 100mg Clomid and then 200mg of progesterone after O. If all goes as well as last month and I get a positive OPK on 8/8-8/9 we will be doing our first IUI the next day. Really hoping I O on time as OH will be out of town from 8/12-8/14. Aside from OPK's we won't be doing any scans or monitoring which I'm okay with. Thinking they will do a sperm wash though, which I would prefer anyway.

How is everyone doing? :dust:

3dpo progesterone test results came back : 14,22ng/ml. I did not discuss it with my obgyn but it seems ok as per my researches... Any insight?

Inkedlady and Mepride, I am glad you are all set for this coming cycle.

:flower:

Thanks Joy.

I'm not sure what my cycle is up to. FF is following its settings and put my O date at CD14, which is obviously not what's going on. I had thought I might have O'd yesterday. My CM has all dried up and I got a small rise. But my temp dropped again today. I don't feel like I'm going to O this cycle. I think the loss last cycle has screwed this cycle for me. :(

The only positive will be is if I don't O and the useless fertility doctor gets that blood test, we might actually get some action. ....sigh :(

Any news Sarah? Did yout bbt increase eventually?
I only rely on bbt to confirm O, cm can be misleading with pcos.
This cycle (first clomid cycle) I got a positive opk on Saturday, but only got my temp rise on Thursday. It also happened on previous cycles before I was on Clomid.

Good luck, I wish you a nice and strong O :flower:

Thanks for checking in Joy. No temp rise, currently CD25. I've never ovulated later than CD 23 before. My CM has gone back to creamy. I don't feel like it's going to happen this cycle. But I guess the fertility doctor might take us seriously if my progesterone test is low. Usually my CM and temps align to confirm my O.

Good luck. I hope Clomid works well for you. Hope you get lots of BDing in and this is a super strong egg!

:cry::cry::cry:

My bbt is sooo low this morning.... I guess af is on its way...

I am so sick of it, I will call my obgyn today, she might put me on clomid 100g instead of 50g...
It's so hard sometimes

Did AF arrive Joy?

How's everyone else going? I'm thinking its a good sign we haven't heard from 2ducks! She is probably enjoying the first trimester board!

So I got a temp rise, late and after my CM had all dried up. I don't think FF has it right with CD29, I'm thinking probably CD27 but who knows. Have low hopes for this cycle anyway.

Yes, Af did arrive and I am today on cd3 of my 2nd clomid cycle.

My obgyn increased my dose to 75g (instead of 50g), so I hope this will be my lucky cycle!

sarah I am glad that you are in the2ww! I hope it will be your month too!

2duck is definitely active in the 1st trimester forum, lucky her :thumbup:

I'm sorry Joy, fingers cross 75mg will do the trick. Did you ovulate on 50g (or on your own)? Sorry I haven't read back through this thread.

My chart's a little confusing and it changes my O day based on one temp. If I discard it or increase it by .2C it changes my O day. So I'm not really sure where I am in my TWW. DH said my boobs are looking big and they're feeling a little sore. Apart from that, nothing much happening. I'd written this off to be anov cycle!

Lucky her alright! Hopefully it's our turn this cycle!

I did ovulate on my own but very irregularly (cd35-45) and with poor ovulation (low progesterone and 8 days Lp).
After the one-year mark of ttc, we run all the tests possible (HGS, SA, etc.) and every thing was in the clear except for my hormones due to pcos.
So here I am, after 19 months ttc, onto my 2nd cycle of clomid!

What about you?

How is you bbt this morning, does it confirm O?

Wow that sounds very frustrating Joy. Does your doctor say it's PCOS related or 'unexplained'?

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my early 20s. We weren't TTC then but I was really looking for some relief from some of the symptoms (acne, hair growth etc). I was told that I shouldn't have any trouble TTC because I was thin, no IR, no cysts.

I came off the pill in November last year and my cycles have gotten longer each time. My first was 29 days. The cycle before my MC was 37 days. This cycle is looking to be 40+ days. My LP is either 12 or 15 days. DH thinks he may have a varicocele.

We're on our 10th month but 8th cycle. My family doctor referred us to a fertility clinic and we got in before the 12 months because of the PCOS. We had our first appointment but the doctor lost our blood test and SA results. So we had to repeat them and I need to have another ultrasound. We are waiting for an appointment for the ultrasound and then going back to the fertility doctor.

My temp is still up this morning so it looked like I ovulated. Not sure which CD though.

Been a while since I last checked in.

Today is cd15.

Just got my :bfp: OPK! Phoned my RE (Thankfully she's on call), she couldn't get into the scheduling tonight, but said one of the nurses will call me first thing in the morning to schedule is for our very first IUI tomorrow. :happydance:

I'm so nervous!

Good luck! Hopefully they can get you in in time! Keep us posted :)

Good News . Good Luck with your iui, keep us posted :flower:

Been a while since I last checked in.

Today is cd15.

Just got my :bfp: OPK! Phoned my RE (Thankfully she's on call), she couldn't get into the scheduling tonight, but said one of the nurses will call me first thing in the morning to schedule is for our very first IUI tomorrow. :happydance:

I'm so nervous!

Had the IUI today. Trying not to get my hopes too far up due to the results of OH's semen wash.... It's not looking promising. After the sperm wash, we were left with only 2.2mill normal, motile sperm. According to my nurse, that's not good. She did say that they have gotten women pregnant on worse results, but if this round doesn't work, we may have to get drastic and look into IVF. Kind of crushed my spirit..... I'm trying not to dwell on it too much though. If I do, I'm going to end up severely depressed.

Time to play the waiting game. I'll be starting 200mg of progesterone daily on Saturday. I also picked up a pineapple to eat to help with possible implantation.

I'm sorry you're dealing with a double infertility whammy! Fingers crossed that it's not all over. You never know, it's often those cycles that you have given up all hope that you hear are the BFPs. Hopefully one of those swimmers will make their way!

Be prepared to get sick of pineapples! I did that last cycle (not sticky BFP) but I wasn't expecting to O so it was too late when I realized I had. FX.

Inkedlady, it only takes one single swimmer to make the deal so I would not get discouraged yet...

Sarah, I can't believe your doc lost your test results! :dohh: I am also non IR, my onlu PCOs symptoms are acne, facial hairs and very irregular perdiods. I am slightly underweight.

Iloveme, what cd are you now?

I took the last Clomid 75g last night on cd6... When I did, I prayed that this is the last time I need to take Clomid of my entire life....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->