• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other obese/morbidly obese bumps out there?

Okay, I'll get very brave and fess up... my bmi at my last visit was 66. I'm hoping it is lower now since I've lost more weight. As of this morning I am still down 42 pounds since November. I'd like to keep losing and get closer to and then under 400, but I'm not sure that is even possible since I'll be in the more definite weight-gaining part of pregnancy soon.

Oh - I am not TRYING to lose any weight, by the way. Please don't worry that I am dieting or withholding nutrition. I lost 35 pounds with my first pregnancy, so I think that is just a natural response of my body or something. Before getting pregnant I only ate once a day and shockingly had the physical symptoms of someone who was starving (I had no clue!) so they have been really on me about keytones and making sure to eat five times a day, with a specific amount of carbs etc. I have scoliosis in a double major (two violent curves in my low back), which prohibits me from moving around much - even from sitting on most all kinds of chairs, so exercise is also not really possible. I walk when I can but mostly just around the house, and I sometimes use a peddler (they sell them at walmart) when I feel like getting more exercise.

It is all a bit complicated, but even when I was 410 pounds my blood and organs were all good - even my cholesterol. That is higher now, and I am on meds for hypothyroid and being watched for high blood pressure, but not that closely. As much is involved in being diabetic and pregnant, the baby is doing perfectly! I bled up to week 9, but haven't since. (I bled all through with my daughter, and my sister also bleeds during pregnancy but no apparent known cause.)

Anyway, I can't tell you girls enough how happy I am to meet you. I will try to respond to each more when I get the time. In the meantime, bring on the bump pics - they are adorable! I will eventually get mine on here when I get it on the laptop. I should've taken one earlier b/c my belly has changed shape if not size noticably, and I want to have it for comparison to later pregnancy pics.

If I can support any of you in any way, let me know! Congrats again to all!

Oh - last one - I don't have to have the GTT test this time around since my sugar is already being monitored, so that is one awful thing I am glad to avoid! Silver lining? Maybe! haha I do worry sometimes that this baby will be over 14 pounds since I am diabetic. They said if my daughter hadn't come early that she would've been for sure, so maybe I'll end up on the news this summer for my whopper, but I really hope not!

Hi im auk size 14-16 with a bmi of 33 i was 35 last pregnancy and it didnt affect anything im actually losing weight due to stess and anxiety and i have high bp but again due to anxiety i hardly eat anything and am losing about 1lb a week i think i will be having growth checks on baby as they have put on my notes possible iugr i think again due to anxiety and bp .xx

do u have a home bp monitor ? just curious as being stressed or anxious might make pre-existing high bp worse for a time but its not a cause of high bp.
if u dont have a home monitor u can buy them really cheap ( about a tenner from some chemists) and u might find that the readings at the dr's/hosp are totally different from when u take it at home.

I think I'm actually so big, that we've bypassed all the super negative talk and moved on to the pragmatic info. But, then, I've also chosen medical providers that will be honest with me, but not overly negative. Because I've learned the hard way that if I work with a medical professional that makes me feel like shit, I'll just stop seeing them and taking care of my medical needs. Not okay during pregnancy!

I'm diabetic and hypothyroid, too, ChimChims, and my BMI is currently (with a little First Tri weight loss) around 52. After taking about 6 months to get my blood sugars under good control, we concieved the first month, right out of the gate! So, high-five, we're rocking babies against the medical odds. ;)

I'm not really showing yet to the untrained eye, just looking fatter. But I'll try to post some bump pics later. :)

is anyone else due around 11th august and want to be bump buddies? I would like to have someone who is in the same position as me to talk to x

ChimChims, you probably loose weight cause your metabolism speeds up with eating more frequently. A friend of mine lost like 30lbs while she was pregnant (non-intentional) and is now less than she was prepregnancy (she recently gave birth). That would be amazing if I could do that :haha: IDK if my body would just do that too! :haha: but I doubt it with twins on the way. I'm always SO hungry! :oneofeach:

ChimChims - I'm also down between 20 and 25 lbs this pregnancy! I think its a combination of the sickness (though I kept most meals down) and finally having my thyroid under control got on the right dosage about 3 months before pregnancy.

My mom complains about the weight I'm losing, my grandmother complains about how Fat I'm getting, and my dr is not concerned, so I will happily say I am not either :)

Laura- I know what you mean, unfortunately I'm not near you :(

On that note anyone due around July 14th?

I'm still losing weight, but I'm eating like crazy! I just eat much healthier foods than I did before I got pregnant, and I'm not drinking alcohol anymore, which I think contributed to my weight before.

Clover, I'm due the 14th-17th (not one of my doctors can seem to agree on a date)!

sthorp and NannyWhitney nice that we're due around the same time, this is my first !

NannyWhitney - I also think Alcohol was a contributing factor to my weight.. but I do love a glass or three of wine lol! Everytime we have a nice meal I think about how much better it would be paired with the right wine, or even beer lol.... dork!

Hi ladies I'm also obese :( I'm 5"2 and weighed 96kg at the beginning of my pregnancy, I have put 2 kg on so far.

This is my first baby after ttc for 3 years I concieved naturally and still don't know why it has taken so long as I was to afraid to go back to the drs after one told me I just need to lose weight!!

Everything seems to be going well and haven't had hbp or anything.

I've just got my doppler which I'm absolutly addicted to now lol its so reasurring to hear the baby in there as haven't felt any movement yet, how many weeks were all of you before you felt movement??? Some say it takes longer for us big girls!? Xx

Me! I would love to get my bmi down in time for a future pregnancy though. Hate the label high risk. x

Hey Ladies, I just popped back over from 3rd Tri cause I like to have a nosey every now and again! I have a BMI of 45 and was a uk 22/24 pre pregnancy. I have now gone up to a size 24/26 although my actual weight gain hasn't been to bad. Had my GTT on Sat and it all came back fine. We where very lucky as I fell pregnant after only a month of trying. Felt baby move at 17 weeks so about normal. I was made to feel like being over weight while pregnant was the worse thing in the world but actually it hasn't given me to much grief, my only issue is SPD but it can happen to anyone of anysize. My only thing that annoys me is I still have a B bump, but it can be rounded out with a vest top and maternity trousers! X hope you all have happy healthy pregnancy and see you in 3rd Tri x x

Hi I'm overweight not sure what my BMI is also not sure I want to know lol I'm about 5 7 and 246 right now started around 225 but this is my 4th pregnancy and I know I tend to gain loads of weight during pregnancy no matter how good I eat I was on a diabetic diet with my son and still gained a good 40+ pounds! I have high bp but it's controlled really well with meds :) I'm due the 16th July! Had an ultrasound yesterday and baby girl is weighing in at a pound already so dr said she would be weighing similar to my other 2 children at birth.

My bump 21weeks :)

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/letiacandice/2012-03-03_08-40-16_981.jpg

Hi ladies I'm also obese :( I'm 5"2 and weighed 96kg at the beginning of my pregnancy, I have put 2 kg on so far.

This is my first baby after ttc for 3 years I concieved naturally and still don't know why it has taken so long as I was to afraid to go back to the drs after one told me I just need to lose weight!!

Everything seems to be going well and haven't had hbp or anything.

I've just got my doppler which I'm absolutly addicted to now lol its so reasurring to hear the baby in there as haven't felt any movement yet, how many weeks were all of you before you felt movement??? Some say it takes longer for us big girls!? Xx

not at all :) My first baby i felt her move at around 18-19 weeks which is the norm.

2nd baby I felt at bang on 13 weeks and this one I felt at 12 weeks :)

I don't think it matters what size you are as you are feeling it all from the inside.
It does take a little longer for anyone else to be able to feel your baby kick from the outside though :)

is anyone else due around 11th august and want to be bump buddies? I would like to have someone who is in the same position as me to talk to x

I am due August 13ths, but will have my c-section around August 1st, as far as the doctor can estimate right now. :) I'd love to be bump buddies... how does it work? lol Do we email? Chat? lol

ChimChims - I'm also down between 20 and 25 lbs this pregnancy! I think its a combination of the sickness (though I kept most meals down) and finally having my thyroid under control got on the right dosage about 3 months before pregnancy.

My mom complains about the weight I'm losing, my grandmother complains about how Fat I'm getting, and my dr is not concerned, so I will happily say I am not either :)

Clover Mouse - lol at your mother/grandmother! That sounds familiar! My mom is alllways talking about losing weight but never *means* me - just ask her! rofl She's so proud of my 42 pounds loss that I think she brings it up to strangers. lol Maybe not, but still!

I got on Thyroid meds just a month ago, and since I kept losing weight I assume they help. I had Pregnancy Thyroiditis after my daughter's birth and after a short period of losing weight gained over 100 pounds (which led me to where I am now). I am praying my heart out that this will not happen another time! I cannot afford the extra weight!

I'm still losing weight, but I'm eating like crazy! I just eat much healthier foods than I did before I got pregnant, and I'm not drinking alcohol anymore, which I think contributed to my weight before.

Clover, I'm due the 14th-17th (not one of my doctors can seem to agree on a date)!

Nanny, I am so jealous! Sure, I eat the meals through the day but my cravings are a big no-no. I actually cried in week 13, I wanted a warm and gooey chocolate chip cookie so badly! LOL Plus, at first eating all the extra carbs was hard, but now I get hungry again before bed but can't indulge b/c my morning sugar will fly up. That is so far the hardest part b/c I remember how I was hungry constantly by the end with my oldest... I do not look forward to being that way and not able to do anything about it!

Also, with her I was morning (yah, right) sick for 8.5 months... this bean had me nauseated for about 12-ish weeks and only occasionally now, but I've only thrown up three times. For that, I am thankful. :)

sthorp and NannyWhitney nice that we're due around the same time, this is my first !

NannyWhitney - I also think Alcohol was a contributing factor to my weight.. but I do love a glass or three of wine lol! Everytime we have a nice meal I think about how much better it would be paired with the right wine, or even beer lol.... dork!

I have never had any alcohol, but replaced it with Mt. Dew - I could swear my blood was made of the stuff. That definitely did not help. I've been on water-only for quite a while now, with only the occasional Crystal Light Pure flavoring. Hope I can keep it up even after the baby! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->