any other over 35 first time mums?

So cute kitty_love :). I feel I know that racoon on B's chest. Is that Boden? Dominic has a very similar one on a tshirt. :)

Owww how do you attach pics? Is it cos I'm on a tablet I can't see how?

I am not on a tablet so I am not sure. But when you click Reply with Quote for example, do you see a little paperclip icon above the window in which you type? If so, click it and a new window should open called Manage Attachement and where you can browse the files on your computer. Select one, click the Upload button on the right side of that pop up and wait till it is done. Then close the window and click the little down arrow next to the paperclip and click the file to add it.
Hope it works.

I am not on a tablet so I am not sure. But when you click Reply with Quote for example, do you see a little paperclip icon above the window in which you type?.....

Switched to desktop version and all became clear.. Thanks Angel.

This is my gorgeous girl :blush:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
Blakey's first haircut pics!!!

First one in the green shirt was this morning after sleeping on it, other 4 are after his bath today :) He seems to like his new hair!

I looove his hair like that Kitty! He looks just beautiful! Well done indeed!

I think you did a wonderful job with his hair!! He looks gorgeous!!

What a great job! He looks so adorable. I love his smile!

have to come here for support........
my cycles are getting shorter. last one was only 20 days.
could I really be peri-menopausal already? :nope:

:cry: :cry:

oh my dear! I am sorry if so! I have no advice though. Will let the others know you need help and advice. Hopefully someone will know!

Rowan says she thinks she may be too. She says both her cycles and the duration of AF are getting shorter. She used to have 35 day cycles and is now down to between 25 and 28 days.
Seems it can happen. How long are your cycles?

yes, I know it can happen, I just can't believe it might be happening to me :nope:
my cycles used to be 28 days, but went down to 26-28 when I was TTC and taking vitB I think. Since the beginning of the year I've had two 24 days cycles and two 20 days cycles.

:cry:

charlie said she is out and cannot post right now and will come here later but says "that you can be peri menopausal for 10 years before menopause. So shorter cycles don't mean it's all going to stop imminently."
Hope that is a little reassuring in the meantime.
Are you still thinking of ttc a second? Sending :hugs:

Hi Kosh,

Angel said I might be able to help, as I suspect I'm peri-menopausal as well. But for me, the periods stopped all together, and before that, my periods became lighter and lighter and lighter till I had one day of bleeding and that was that. I was still TTCing, though, before they stopped altogether; they were still coming every six weeks, which was common for me (I have PCOS). Fertility drugs helped, though, as did estrogen pills (though they say that's unproven. But the time I managed to fall pregnant with J, was the first time I tried them and my lining was at 11 mm!) I don't know about the length of cycles, though. Can you look it up? They say that the main sign of pre-menopause is an excess of blood because your body produces tons of estrogen at the very end. But it can go the other way, too, with a thinner and thinner lining. I'm sorry--I'm not much help, but the positive is that with fertility drugs and estrogen pills, I got pregnant with J! Are you considering TTC another?

How old are you?

I'll be 43 in May & it's definitely starting for me. My cycle was around 31 days this time last year & now it's around 26-27 days. I also have menses from hell with very heavy bleeding every now & again....I don't ovulate every cycle...

I don't see it as something to dread, though. It's all just a part of the natural cycle of life.

Are you TTC again? Is that why you're upset?

I'm sorry you're so upset. Please join us on FB so we can support you.

If you are TTC again, there are things you can try to help balance out the hormones a bit. Have you looked into Vitex at all? One of the girls from our original group has been taking it for 3 months now & her cycles went from 24 days to 27.

Hope you're ok....

Hi Kosh, sorry you're upset about this. Shorter cycles do happen as we get older but it does not mean you're less fertile or it's all about to stop very soon. It can happen for years.

For me in my 20's I had 32 day cycles, never ever longer. In my 30's they went to 28 day cycles, late 30's 26 ish. Now they are kind of still 26 with the occasional 24 day. I had a scan yesterday and my antral follicle count is 14 which is what you would expect with a woman in her early to mid 30's and that's with shorter cycles. All my bloods show I am not peri menopausal and have a large supply of eggs. So shorter cycles don't have to indicate peri menopause. However they can mean poor egg quality as your luteal phase may be shorter due to less progesterone being released by the corpus luteum with a weaker egg. Often when women are peri menopausal the follicular phase gets shorter too, so when you ovulate it's earlier in your cycle. Hope that makes sense.

Come to us on FB, more private and more chatty xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->