any other over 35 first time mums?

Hello Larkspur, I know you from the Toddler and Preschool forum :) Nice to see you here.

I am from London, UK, 44 with twin boys who are almost 2y10m old. WAH! My OH is 48.
I am a SAHM too and OH works from home 6 out of 7 days :)

What kind of work are you doing from home, if I may ask? I wish I could do some work too. I do a few commissions for seasonal greeting cards (I am an Illustrator) a year but nothing that is proper regular work.

Hello Larkspur, I know you from the Toddler and Preschool forum :) Nice to see you here.

I am from London, UK, 44 with twin boys who are almost 2y10m old. WAH! My OH is 48.
I am a SAHM too and OH works from home 6 out of 7 days :)

What kind of work are you doing from home, if I may ask? I wish I could do some work too. I do a few commissions for seasonal greeting cards (I am an Illustrator) a year but nothing that is proper regular work.

Hey Angel, yes, I'm very familiar with your lovely boys from the toddler section!

Until the start of last year I was a freelance journalist and contract magazine editor. I was mainly working with a publishing company in SE Asia, but with a toddler and a baby on the way, it became unrealistic to keep travelling that far.

Now I work as PR and communications director for an NZ company. I still have to travel about once a month, but it's within NZ at the moment (in future I may have overseas trips), so they can be day trips or single overnights. The company I work for is, frankly, awesome, and lets me work on basically my own schedule at home as long as the work gets done. It's a pretty unusual position to be in, and I consider myself very lucky.

oh wow that sounds wonderful indeed! Wish I could do something like that too :)

welcome larkspur, it'd be great if we could get this thread revived a bit!

I'm 43, DH is 44 and we have the long-haired almost 3yo boy that swears when he doesn't make it to the potty! :winkwink:

Your jobs situation sounds great. I work full time and wish I could go part-time at some point. :coffee:

I can't believe my baby is 3 today!
it's: :cloud9: + :happydance: + :cry:

Aw congrats lovely G! Bittersweet! I know I will feel like that on the 28th of March too. These last 3 years went by so fast!
Hope you had a lovely day? xx

thanks angel!
I've been so emotional all day!
he's moving up rooms at nursery too. he's constantly saying he can do this and that because 'now G is very big' :cloud9:
we had a lovely day thanks, he was very very happy :happydance:

Aww, happy birthday to him!

It's pride-making and heart-breaking when they decide they're all grown up, huh? Lately I've been getting a lot of "NO Mummy, I can do it!" And he usually can, which is great, but I expected him to need me for longer!

I know what you mean too Larkspur!
Sometimes for fun they want me to hold them on my lap to do rockabybaby and I have to dip them really sudden and really low at the end of each sentence, it makes them giggle and I love that but they hardly fit on my lap any more!! When did my tiny babies get so big!!

thanks ladies, he had a lovely birthday!

yes, I too get lots of 'no, G solo!' (ie: can do it)
yesterday he run to the toilet saying 'caca, caca (poo) and from there shouted: 'don't come mummy, it's very smelly!' :haha:

he's moved up rooms at nursery too, so when we arrived today he said he wanted to go to his old room to say goodbye to the other children :cloud9:

aww that is so sweet. I hope the transition was ok for him otherwise?

yes, transition it's going really well this time! (hope I haven't jinxed it!)

Hi girls! I know I have promised and promised...here's some recent pics of my little sweetums...finally!! Lol!

I could hardly decide which ones to post, so here's a bunch...
Included some of him with the kitties (he likes to brush them now),
one of him at the zoo this month when we had a warm day,
one of him "talking" on the phone to my mom,
some of him just posing and being cute,
and of course as promised one of his gorgeous curls from the back

Oh my word kitty_love isn't he just precious and growing up so beautifully!

Hello kosh, still miss you x

Oh my goodness! I am melting! He is utterly gorgeous and SO sweet! Aww! Thank you for posting! :D

omg, sooo cute!
and those curls are to die for!

:hi: ladies!
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583