Any PCOS ladies want to chat?

Congrats Tonya!

Cookie - I'm about to start a meal replacement plan too!

Afm this cycle is WEIRD, which is annoying because I'm supposed to get my 7dpo progesterone checked and have no clue when to get it done. After 3 31 day cycles last month was only 28 days. All 4 cycles since metformin have has 14/15 day LPs. I had anticipated ovulating on cd14 but not sure whether I did or whether it was cd18. I booked my progesterone test for cd21 but that might be way too early. Ideally id be able to get 2 tests, 1 at cd21 and one at cd25...but I have no idea if that's allowed :shrug:

I didn't get a donation this month which was probably a good thing because my timing would've been out.

Hi Ladies :hi:

I have PCOS and me and the OH are ttc our first baby

Im currently taking 1500mg of metformin which has been bringing me a more regualr af and cycle, and just started clomid on 50mg.. anyone else taking clomid here?? and just finished my first cycle so its the big waitng game now.. :coffee:

I wanted to join this topic so I can talk with other ladies with PCOS too

Hi all :hi:

(& hi sarahlou - nice to see you here!)

After trying for over 2 years & an especially challenging month last month (feeling depressed & referred for counselling) I finally got my bfp on Thursday. I'm still in shock & haven't told any of my drs yet (I have several for different health conditions).

I hope everyone on here gets their bfp soon. Ttc with pcos is a b***h. I've had some really low times - but it can still happen even after trying for a long time. Sending serious :dust: to you all.

I read in and out of this board and I just needed a place to vent.

I'm trying to get pregnant. Like everyone here.

My wife and I have been in the "planning stages" since January. In July we had all of our donor stuff figured out and established what medications I would go on to do our known donor insemination.

Then we waited for my next cycle to come, and we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. On cycle day 80 we started progesterone to induce the next cycle.

Seven days later I finally, FINALLY, started my new cycle.

Incredibly excited, cycle day 5-9 I started femara. Both the progesterone and the femara caused my body to respond in outrageous ways, and I was SO hopeful that I'd be one of the lucky ones who got pregnant on the first try.

I went in on cycle day 14 for my ultrasound and trigger shot. On my left ovary there was a perfect follicle right at 20 mm. On my right ovary there was a tumor the size of my fist.

The doctor admitted that she should have done an ultrasound before we began the medications, but that I could not proceed and needed to have surgery immediately. With tears in my eyes we scheduled my surgery for a week later.

Luckily, my surgery went well and everything was benign. I started my new cycle a week after my surgery and was cleared to try without fertility drugs this cycle.

So here we are trying. I've been temping and recording cm and cervix position and using ovulation strips. Nothing yet. We tried once based on previous "suspected ovulation" and we try again tomorrow at the drs office. Based on all indicators I don't think I've ovulated, and I don't think I will.

We received word that our donor is moving on December 19th. I'm just filled with anxiety and sadness and frustration. We found a fertility clinic an hour away that possibly could store sperm for us, and my donor so kindly agreed to do that. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if that's something we could afford or even get done in our crunched time frame.

I know that I'm not pregnant. I'm well aware that I'm just NOT pregnant... but in my mind I feel like I've convinced myself that I am or could be. The only fertility indicator that I have is that my cervix is soft and open, everything else is saying no to ovulation.

I'm trying to keep my head up and remain grateful for not having cancer and being able to try again so soon, even if unmedicated.

I'm just .... bummed. So bummed.

Thanks cookie - hope you've got your :bfp: coming very soon x

Mrs&mrs - you have been through such a lot :hugs: are you able to use femera again? Or have you been told not to because of the tumour? I'm so glad to hear it was benign. Sounds like you're having a really cr*ppy time with a lot of challenges standing in your way. I hope you can overcome them & get a rainbow very soon :hugs:

k4th - Luckily I can use femara again with my next cycle. We just have to figure out our :spermy: situation.

My Dr. has proven to be incredibly unreliable in multiple ways, the main being that she only works 3 days a week and no other physicians in her practice can do IUI or administer a trigger shot... I'm looking forward to getting a second opinion at the fertility clinic an hour away. The Dr. I've been seeing is just my general practitioner and I've learned that apparently it's very odd for them to do these kind of treatments.

Glad you can use it again - especially as it seemed to work beautifully for you with that 20mm follie.

It does seem very unusual for a general dr to be offering iui etc. I've never heard of that before :shrug:

Hope you get the sperm all sorted out. Maybe the fertility clinic may even have other options for you? If not, I hope you can get some frozen samples sorted from your donor :flower:

Mrs & mrs having to use a donor must make the whole process extremely difficult. My sister in law is going to be going through it next year with her wife, she's considering ivf to better her chances. Whole thing is going to be costly though. Perhaps seeing a new doctor will give you better advice and possibly give you more options. Fingers crossed for you.

Afm - well my chart says I ovulated cd 16 but pretty sure it's wrong, I think either I ovulated yesterday or I still haven't ovulated. Still getting ewcm, if I'd ovulated it would have disappeared by now. Will keep checking and temping and see how it goes.

Xx

I would absolutely LOVE to do IVF, but unfortunately the cost is just out of this world. I think it would be amazing to use my partners eggs and carry that baby. A girl can dream.

k4th, congratulations on your bfp!

For those of you charting hats off to you. Mine is absolutely insane. I take my temp at the same time every day and it peaks and drops every couple of days. It's completely incomprehensible.

Do you temp orally or vaginally Mrs&Mrs? Orally can give very erratic bbt's.

My temps aren't playing ball this cycle, not sure what is going on but hoping I ovulate soon. Last 2 cycles I o'd cd 17 I'm on cd 20 and despite the cross hairs on my chart at cd 16 I'm not convinced I've ovulated yet. X

I do orally, I read somewhere that you shouldn't try vaginally...but I don't remember WHY it said that. I'll have to look into that. My temps always run SUPER low too, so I have to find special charts. My average waking temp is around 97.1. . . maybe it would work out better vaginally.

Cookie do you also do opk tests? I have been, but have NEVER gotten a positive opk.

I used to use opks but I no longer seem to get positives, I don't know why or if it means anything, but blood tests confirmed I ovulated so I do ovulate despite not getting positives, and I used to get positives without a problem. Most people that I know that temp do it vaginally, when I first started temping I did it orally and my temps were all over the place and I struggled to get accurate cross hairs. I switched to temping vaginally and my temps are so much better, although they haven't been great this week but I think that's due to me having a cold. You can't switch half way through a cycle as it will give you different temperatures, but I would recommend temping vaginally next month and I've never read anything to suggest temping vaginally is bad.

xx

My temps were nutty when I temped orally. They were a lot steadier vaginally.

Cookie & mrs&mrs - you can buy opks at different strengths on some websites. I frequently got positives, but no ov so I bought tests that needed a higher amount of lh to be present. If you rarely get positives, you can buy them that are more sensitive & need less lh present. I can't recall exactly, but I think the 20mlu ones are sensitive & 40mlu are much, much less sensitive.

Buying the right opks for your body might get you those positives :flower:

Can I join? Just got diagnosed yesterday and struggling to cope to be honest!! Can't stop crying at the moment so hoping that stops...

I'm 24 and have been off the pill since July. Have had two red periods since then and one black...
I seem to get LH surges as I get single positive OPKs but temps never rise so not releasing eggs :(

I have no cysts but have irregular ratio of hormones in blood results.

Have been referred to gynaecology department so hoping to get some help.

I have PCOS and it's seriously draining. I still can't believe having kids is this hard. I've been married for almost 6 years, and we weren't really TTC but we weren't trying NOT to either. This November we *really* started trying. I've been taking OPKs, tracking my BBT and crossing my fingers. I'm really worried though because my periods tend to be long. I know you can ovulate with longer periods but the truth is it cuts your chances because there are fewer periods! It's frustrating but I'm trying to keep positive. I'm hoping this year will be the one for me!

I'm not eligible for insurance yet, so for now I'm focusing on changing my eating habits and losing weight!

Hello ladies, may I join you? We are currently TTC #2. I have a unique situation because I have never had much testing done except for a blood test the month before I conceived my daughter (who is almost 3). They did the test to find out why my periods had not returned for 6 months after getting off of BCP. The doctor instantly put me on metformin, induced a period, 50mg of clomid and I was pregnant first cycle. We moved after I had my daughter and I was never put back on the metformin. I went for an appointment to a new OB about TTC #2 and she just proscribed clomid and didn't feel the metformin was necessary. I'm getting ready to take my 4th clomid pill tonight. It makes me nervous about not taking the metformin because I don't know how big of a role it played last time. I had been on it about a month before I conceived my daughter and stayed on until 12 weeks. Another thing is that this is an unmonitored cycle and my last cycle I at least had the blood work to confirm ovulation. I'm feeling very nervous over here. Also, has anyone heard of or tried inositol? I've been reading some good things about it and I am curious if anyone has used it before. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->