• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any "plus-size", bigger gals TTC their first? :)

i haven't posted here in a while but i really need some opinions please!!!

I tweaked it a little....

https://s1240.photobucket.com/album...487/mrsfrair/?action=view&current=013-1-1.jpg

i see it i see it :)

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was crazy!! I saw a super super faint line yesterday and today it's just super faint, I hope tomorrow it is even less faint....

Congrats!!!! :hugs: Is that our second or third bfp so far??

I totally hear ya about the gym. I went through a stage of going regular but it became such a chore.

Ate healthily all day yesterday then ruined it with a big slice of carrot cake :blush:

Another BFN this morning but my purple hair streak colour has arrived so I am going to do that later on :thumbup:

I saw yesterday that Morrisons is doing opk's now. A pack of 5 for £3.99.

Been getting weird tummy feelings the last couple of days. No cramping but pokey feelings and stuff I am hoping it is AF on her way so I can get this cycle over and done with!!

Carrot cake is still 1 of your 5 a day though isn't it :D:dohh:

hi ladies hope you dont mind a new entry i am 28 and been married for a year i am currently about 200 pounds and ttc am currently attending a slimmimg club but finding motivation and will power hard think i used it all stopping smoking 9 weeks ago but can proudly say that am so far smoke free but scared my weight is going to affect my chances of conceiving and think talking to other people with the same things going on in there lives xx

Welcome Hun :hi: course we don't mind xxxx

Well done for quitting smoking! Yay :happydance:

Hope you dont mind me piling in as well! Havent been on the forums for a little while as I had a problem with AF irregularities, first time ever after 13 years of having AF! Back on track now and even though the only motivation I need to lose weight is getting the BFP, its still really hard!
Does anyone have any opinions about men and whether they should slim down? Both me and my OH are on the heavier side, but I dont know if it affects him at all?

I guess the real answer is what the doc always tell us, the healthier you are the better your chances. I think it's more about the types of food the men eat IMO give them food rich in spermy goodness, tomatoes, broccoli, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, and if they eat the right things, they will be healthier anyway.

Being healthy is key I think. Just eat the right things, fill your plates with healthy colourful goodness and if you both do it together then all round happy health baby making equipment lol!

I have been worrying a bit lately that dieting isn't the way to go because diets like slimming worl etc teach you to cut out potentially good baby making food and nutrients. So I'm using my syns on things like nuts and seeds and pomegranate juices and avocados, hoping this is more helpful than using them on wine lol!

Hey girlies,

I hope you don't mind, I'm a plus size wanna be mummy, n I would love to join you all.
I am 225 lbs and roughly a size 18 sometimes a 20 dependant on shop.
I am 22 and just about to complete my mechanical engineer apprenticeship.
Me and my amazing OH have been together 4 1/2 years now and have decided to start our own little family.
I have literally just come off the pill. I have been told that its best to wait a month so we are. Then we will actively try then.
I'm so excited n nervous n the more I.thinly about it the more I don't want to wait totally ready to have a little baba.
We have just moved house and I have nurse check up for new docs tomorrow should I mention that were going to start trying?
Any help welcome. Even advice on things not mentioned as completely new to all this.
Lots of hugs and baby dust to everyone :).
Xxx

Hey ladies, sorry ive not been on, had some stress with my mum again and was feeling low so i didnt want to burden you all with my rants :(

Hope your all doing ok???
Im trying to scan through everyones post and seem to not be getting anywhere fast as we have so many new comers :) sorry if i dont get back to you all but welcome and i hope to get to know you all very soon :) :hugs:

Quick update from me as ill be coming back on at 10pm when fella leaves for work to scan through everyones posts properly :)

Got a phone call this am from my doctor, she said as ive been having quite a hard time lately what with my back going twice in 6 months and having kidney and urine infections a few times in a few months ive been on anti biotics for quite a while ive now had one of the side effects to them which is the fabulous Thrush (sorry ladies) yep, its the one ive never had before (ever) and dont want again even though ive not even noticed it (not had itching or anything like that, again sorry girls tmi~) so im waiting for fella to wake up (he didnt get in until 7.30am from work) then hes going to take me down to get prescription and ill can get what ever they are giving me to get rid of it....

No af but i really thought she was going to come whilst i was sleeping as when i woke up to greet fella i had really achey tummy like mild af cramps and i was feeling light headed.

Well ive been feeling light headed a few times lately, tiring easy and legs are feeling week like they re going to buckle from under me everytime i try to walk for long periods (which ive always been able to walk... i walk into town and back everyday and not feel like this but not lately, im having to lean on a wall for a minute then carry on because i feel dizzy)

I too want to pack smoking in so im giong to talk to docs about ways i can cut them out completely, ive been trying to cut down over past 6 months but will all the crap im getting off my family lately thats stressing me out more so cutting down hasnt been an option for me :( as for keeping the weight off whilst quitting smoking, that one i havent got sussed and i dont want to pile on more pounds!! I have heard somewhere though that you need to eat more to speed up metabolism before trying to lose weight, sort food out and it will start to fall off when you add exercise to the mix, now i struggle to get breakfast in me as i usually have a cig and a brew as my breakfast :/ (naughty i know but its habit) and so i only have lunch and dinner everyday so thats not going to speed up my metabolism is it!! so ive got me some ready brek WHICH I HAVE LOVED SINCE I WAS A CHILD... so im going to start with that in the mornings, i have a massive bag of sultana's, raisens, dried fruit in my cuboard which i will be using as my snacks to keep me away from those lovely jammy dodgers my darling fella walked in with the other day and they stare at me everytime i open the draw :( i am adding a massive portion of mixed veg to every meal i eat from now on even if i only fancy a hotdog... yum..... lol, chicken is my new diet meat as i dont like pork, beef, turkey or lamb anymore, and im going to be re visiting the soup and water diet again which helped me lose weight....

That starts 2moro as tonight i plan to make a chicken, veg and pasta bake :) nom a nom a nom :) its a healthier version this time as i wont be adding cheese... well ok maybe a little cheese but not as much as i want to as i really must cut out cheese..... i could live on cheddar and no one hands me it out of a packet anymore because i will simply eat it all :)

whilst fella is in work im going to do some tally charts in my diary to help keep me on top of the drinking water, quitting smoking, eating more (good foods) and exercising more :) I have the mind of a slimmer person and now i just need to get my body on board :) Ha, We'll see :haha:

Anyways thats my ramblings over with, sorry for going on a bit lol :hugs: xx

Hey girlies,

I hope you don't mind, I'm a plus size wanna be mummy, n I would love to join you all.
Me and my amazing OH have been together 4 1/2 years now and have decided to start our own little family.
I have literally just come off the pill. I have been told that its best to wait a month so we are. Then we will actively try then.
I'm so excited n nervous n the more I.thinly about it the more I don't want to wait totally ready to have a little baba.
We have just moved house and I have nurse check up for new docs tomorrow should I mention that were going to start trying?
Any help welcome. Even advice on things not mentioned as completely new to all this.
Xxx

Hey bubble welcome :) Ps my fella has given me the nickname bubble lol

Get a little book, do little charts in there, ive got one that covers it all, Date, Cycle day, Cervical position, Cervical mucus, Other info and :sex: and that way you get into a habit of checking daily and you can grab your book any time you want and keep an eye on things, any info you need we are all here to help, im still pretty new to this but if i ask any questions on here i get told right away what it means so im pretty happy on here :) AND there is noooooooo such things as TMI in this forum lol Even though i have used those words a few times, it doesnt shock anyone on here :)

Magic_angel thanks for your help it really means a lotl :D.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
It's great to see threads specifically for plus size everyone shares same points and worries in and the support for each other is very heartwarming.
You seem to be having a hard time recently I hope things change soon for you I really do.
That is really cute :D I just put that cause I'm my own little happy bubble :D.
Xx

Hey girlies,

Xxx

Hi Bubble,
If you ever need someone to tlk, please feel free to msg me. We're around the same age and weight and I also came off the pill so I imagine we might have a few of the same questions! Just an offer (Y) X

Hope you dont mind me piling in as well! Havent been on the forums for a little while as I had a problem with AF irregularities, first time ever after 13 years of having AF! Back on track now and even though the only motivation I need to lose weight is getting the BFP, its still really hard!
Does anyone have any opinions about men and whether they should slim down? Both me and my OH are on the heavier side, but I dont know if it affects him at all?

I guess the real answer is what the doc always tell us, the healthier you are the better your chances. I think it's more about the types of food the men eat IMO give them food rich in spermy goodness, tomatoes, broccoli, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, and if they eat the right things, they will be healthier anyway.

Being healthy is key I think. Just eat the right things, fill your plates with healthy colourful goodness and if you both do it together then all round happy health baby making equipment lol!

I have been worrying a bit lately that dieting isn't the way to go because diets like slimming worl etc teach you to cut out potentially good baby making food and nutrients. So I'm using my syns on things like nuts and seeds and pomegranate juices and avocados, hoping this is more helpful than using them on wine lol!

Thank you for the reply! I'm such a fussy eater but luckily, I eat most of the stuff you mentioned! :)
I agree dieting isnt the way to go. Healthy eating and regular exercise is the way to go!
I'm currently in TWW territory; dont have a positive feeling about it but you never know but looking forward to starting new cycle with all these changes in place to see if it has an effect.

Magic_angel thanks for your help it really means a lotl :D.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
It's great to see threads specifically for plus size everyone shares same points and worries in and the support for each other is very heartwarming.
You seem to be having a hard time recently I hope things change soon for you I really do.
That is really cute :D I just put that cause I'm my own little happy bubble :D.
Xx

Anytime hun :) ive only been on this forum for about a little over a month so i am so glad i found this site quickly as ive had sooooo much advice and questions answered and the support is just brilliant and i class these lovelys as my friends now, they are better than the friends i have where i live anyway....

Yeh my body just doesnt seem to want to play ball at the moment and its driving me mad but im getting used to is now and im just waiting it out!!! cant wait til i start my period though and i never thought i would ever say that lol thank you :hugs:
come by and chat whenever you want hun xx

Hi,
I am also trying for our first, size 18/20 and pcos hypothyroid.
Hope things go smooth and easy for you. We have been trying for almost three years.
I am only 23, with great hope.

Hi,
I am also trying for our first, size 18/20 and pcos hypothyroid.
Hope things go smooth and easy for you. We have been trying for almost three years.
I am only 23, with great hope.

Welcome hun :) what are your cycles like normally?? do you have a long or short cycle? do you take certain things to help you ttc?

Well when I was on the pill from 18-20 yrs old, it was every month or so I thought. It turned out the pill was making me think iwas regular but after I stopped taking the pill, I found out about the hypothyroid. This made me VERY irregular and then I ended up in the hospital when a cyst on my ovary was very close to bursting that was in 2010. So neeedless to say it's been very crazy 2 years. I was on metformin for a while but even on the lowest dose they could give me I had horrible side effects. I did manage to make it to the 11 week mark but lost it.

Hey ladies! How is everyone today? I am having a very hard time keeping up with posts. magic_angel- I do not kn ow how you do it! You are one thread followin' gal. :) They move so quickly!

First off, a big welcome to the newcomers! It's awesome to see so many awesome ladies joining on this thread!

Secondly, just a quick little update: I am now on CD 27 and STILL no O.

Before the new year I weighed about 195 and was O'ing on CD 17-20. But DH and I got married over the winter break and our wedding was out of town and had me away from my kitchen- so no being able to cook for a couple weeks. Ever since I got back in January, I have weighed 207. I started eating even healthier after we got back, and (AMAZINGLY) I have been able to stay at 207 w/out counting calories! This is the first time EVER that I could maintain without counting!

Now that I have really learned how to eat healthy, I don't want to start counting calories again to lose weight. Counting calories has been messing with my head for over a decade and it has NEVER solved the underlying problems I have with eating. So I want to lose the weight by really changing my diet and naturally losing the weight through healthy eating.

The downside to this is I think it will probably take a lot longer to do it this way. I am okay with the time aspect of it- because after 13 years of diets and counting and hating myself for not being able to control my weight- I am right back to the weight I started at and have never been able to keep it off through the things I've tried- and THIS, this eating healthy and losing slowly is te first thing I thought- Hey! I could maintain this!

I feel like I'm really onto something- but how heavy I am is (once again) affecting my O date. Gone are my 17-20 CD O's (which I had had for a good six months!) and back are my Who Knows When It Will Happen O's (which I've had off and on for many years). They are making TTC so stressful!

Last cycle I O'd on CD26, but now it is CD 27 and still nothing. I'm feeling down. I just want some lines on the darn OPK. I just want to O and get going on this cycle. I really thought that maybe I had switch to a 23-26 day O which is what I had last time I weighed this, but I'm thinking I might be headed into the type of O I usually have at 215lbs, which it anywhere between CD30 and CD42.

On a positive note I did have some EWCM yesterday and the day beore, so maybe something is happening? If it is still there today when I check my cervix and do my OPK I will have hope that maybe O will happen sooner rather than later!

Anyways! I'm sorry for the rant, ladies! I just needed to get that off my chest. Hopefully today's OPK will say something good.

Anyone else having a cycle length change? Anyone else trying to lose weight through simply eating better? I'd love a Team Curvy Bumps TTC buddy who is on a similar approach! Anyone want to team up for some encouragement?

:dust:

Well when I was on the pill from 18-20 yrs old, it was every month or so I thought. It turned out the pill was making me think iwas regular but after I stopped taking the pill, I found out about the hypothyroid. This made me VERY irregular and then I ended up in the hospital when a cyst on my ovary was very close to bursting that was in 2010. So neeedless to say it's been very crazy 2 years. I was on metformin for a while but even on the lowest dose they could give me I had horrible side effects. I did manage to make it to the 11 week mark but lost it.

I think the flipping pill has a lot to answer for to be fair.... i first started the pill when i was 13 and i was on them until 2 years ago (25trs old) i came off as i wasnt even having a period on my 7 day break, i was put on the mini pill as i gave up having a 7 day break and would stay on the pill for a few months at a time without wanting to take a break and the doc didnt like that, the mini pill was to be taken for the whole month with no break and i would have a period whenever my body chose to have one, i was on for the whole first month on the new mini pill and some months i wouldnt have a period, most of the time if i had a period it would last upto 2 weeks!!!! so after being very depressed about my cycles i took myself off and was not protecting and not trying to conceive, after years of periods being between 45-65 days i was having 9 months of 30 day cycles which i loved as i knew where i was going and what my cycle was doing until now!!! given up on this flipping cycle.... my ticker will tell you what cd i am on now as ive lost count but it certainly isnt a 30 day cycle anymore :(

Hey ladies! How is everyone today? I am having a very hard time keeping up with posts. magic_angel- I do not kn ow how you do it! You are one thread followin' gal. :) They move so quickly!

First off, a big welcome to the newcomers! It's awesome to see so many awesome ladies joining on this thread!

Secondly, just a quick little update: I am now on CD 27 and STILL no O.

Before the new year I weighed about 195 and was O'ing on CD 17-20. But DH and I got married over the winter break and our wedding was out of town and had me away from my kitchen- so no being able to cook for a couple weeks. Ever since I got back in January, I have weighed 207. I started eating even healthier after we got back, and (AMAZINGLY) I have been able to stay at 207 w/out counting calories! This is the first time EVER that I could maintain without counting!

Now that I have really learned how to eat healthy, I don't want to start counting calories again to lose weight. Counting calories has been messing with my head for over a decade and it has NEVER solved the underlying problems I have with eating. So I want to lose the weight by really changing my diet and naturally losing the weight through healthy eating.

The downside to this is I think it will probably take a lot longer to do it this way. I am okay with the time aspect of it- because after 13 years of diets and counting and hating myself for not being able to control my weight- I am right back to the weight I started at and have never been able to keep it off through the things I've tried- and THIS, this eating healthy and losing slowly is te first thing I thought- Hey! I could maintain this!

I feel like I'm really onto something- but how heavy I am is (once again) affecting my O date. Gone are my 17-20 CD O's (which I had had for a good six months!) and back are my Who Knows When It Will Happen O's (which I've had off and on for many years). They are making TTC so stressful!

Last cycle I O'd on CD26, but now it is CD 27 and still nothing. I'm feeling down. I just want some lines on the darn OPK. I just want to O and get going on this cycle. I really thought that maybe I had switch to a 23-26 day O which is what I had last time I weighed this, but I'm thinking I might be headed into the type of O I usually have at 215lbs, which it anywhere between CD30 and CD42.

On a positive note I did have some EWCM yesterday and the day beore, so maybe something is happening? If it is still there today when I check my cervix and do my OPK I will have hope that maybe O will happen sooner rather than later!

Anyways! I'm sorry for the rant, ladies! I just needed to get that off my chest. Hopefully today's OPK will say something good.

Anyone else having a cycle length change? Anyone else trying to lose weight through simply eating better? I'd love a Team Curvy Bumps TTC buddy who is on a similar approach! Anyone want to team up for some encouragement?

:dust:

Hey hun, theres me thinking i wasnt as quick on these posts as i thought i was, cant keep up with them all lol :haha:

i think your going in the right direction with eating healthy rather than counting calories, i know i few friends have been driven mad trying to count calories, they gave up and did the healthy eating thing and it just fell off them because they wernt so obsessed and stressed all the time, i dont have patience to do the calorie counting thing, i know whats good for me and whats bad so i just need to train my mind again.... i was doing so well last summer, then as i got back into the exercise thing i did my back in and ever since its been down hill from there... i need more motivation thats my problem...

ive decided this year is a new start, new me, ive cut out all the negative people in my life (which is MOST of my family) new hair cut (which is shorter than i would ever go) decorating our home so out with the old and all that, my motivation for this is a want a baby and i dont need anymore motivation than that so now that ive taken a few months of having stern talks with myself and ive changed the way i think i hope that is the kick start i need :)

Just an update: My super faint second line has stayed super faint, it has not gotten any darker over the last 4 days so I think I am out....and my Dr. doesn't even think I've ovulated this cycle based on my bbt chart. Despite a positive OPK and EWCM.
WHY did that second line show up???? I could see it, my DH could see it, it showed up in pics and it keeps showing up! And just to satisfy my POAS addiction I did an OPK today and a super faint line showed up on it too!
so I can't help holding on to a little tiny shred of hope. I haven't missed my AF due date yet (even tho if my Dr. is right I didn't ovulate and thus will not get AF this month). What do you ladies think? I am going crazy here....

Should I wait to see if AF/BFP show up? or should I just take the provera to bring on AF and then try my third round of clomid and get on with it?

Hey hun, theres me thinking i wasnt as quick on these posts as i thought i was, cant keep up with them all lol :haha:

i think your going in the right direction with eating healthy rather than counting calories, i know i few friends have been driven mad trying to count calories, they gave up and did the healthy eating thing and it just fell off them because they wernt so obsessed and stressed all the time, i dont have patience to do the calorie counting thing, i know whats good for me and whats bad so i just need to train my mind again.... i was doing so well last summer, then as i got back into the exercise thing i did my back in and ever since its been down hill from there... i need more motivation thats my problem...

ive decided this year is a new start, new me, ive cut out all the negative people in my life (which is MOST of my family) new hair cut (which is shorter than i would ever go) decorating our home so out with the old and all that, my motivation for this is a want a baby and i dont need anymore motivation than that so now that ive taken a few months of having stern talks with myself and ive changed the way i think i hope that is the kick start i need :)

Ooooo! That sounds lovely. And spring time is on us now, so a perfect time to make some life changes! And yes! TTC is definitely a motivator to make some changes. (That's what really got me going on the healthy eating!) I also cut out all the negative ppl- amazed at how many there actually were, phew! I feel so much better already! It's nice to open up my facebook and see people who are happy and really working hard to have meaningful/purposeful lives instead of sitting around constantly b*tching! I understand ranting on occasion and sometimes needing help (and really making changes when thing don't work!)- I didn't cut those folks out. But the ones who'v been complaining about the same thing year in and year out, or who lash out at people for absolutely no reason- well, those folks had to go!

No popint in surrounding oneself with so much unhappiness!

Just an update: My super faint second line has stayed super faint, it has not gotten any darker over the last 4 days so I think I am out....and my Dr. doesn't even think I've ovulated this cycle based on my bbt chart. Despite a positive OPK and EWCM.
WHY did that second line show up???? I could see it, my DH could see it, it showed up in pics and it keeps showing up! And just to satisfy my POAS addiction I did an OPK today and a super faint line showed up on it too!
so I can't help holding on to a little tiny shred of hope. I haven't missed my AF due date yet (even tho if my Dr. is right I didn't ovulate and thus will not get AF this month). What do you ladies think? I am going crazy here....

Should I wait to see if AF/BFP show up? or should I just take the provera to bring on AF and then try my third round of clomid and get on with it?

Did your doc do a blood test for hCG? He/she can't really know anything for sure w/out doing a solid test! Could you possibly be PG but not have enough progesterone going on causing low temps? Do you have a link to your BBT chart? Also, I've heard that an LH surge can show up as a positive on some PG tests. What is your CM/CP like? Could you be O'ing late?

If you're getting a positive pregnancy test, SOMETHING is going on. I'm concerned by your doctor's lack of interest in what that something actually is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->