• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any plus size ladies looking to minimise weight gain?

I feel like I'm struggling with getting to the gym at the moment.

I do my best to go 3-5 times a week. Ideally, I go everyday except for Tuesdays and Thursdays. In the last 7 days. I've gone on Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and (cuz I had the day off of work, yesterday), Tue. It's now Wed and I'm off work again, so I feel like I should go cuz I have all this free time. But I'm feeling lazy. I know it's good for me and the baby, and if I sit around at home, I'm more likely to watch TV and stuff my face. I just need to kick my own butt and get going. Blah! lol

I'm 5'2'' and weighed 14 stone at my heaviest. I was 11.4 stone at the beginning of my pregnancy with my son and managed to get down to 10 stone a year after I gave birth to him, with Weight Watchers and loads of jogging!

Unfortunately I put 1.5 stone on during my nursing training and am now back to 11.4 stone! I've had such a hard time controlling my weight as a nurse. The shift work is so rough.

I know 11.4 stone is at the lower end of the overweight category, but as a shortie in a size 14, starting another pregnancy, I'm really worried about gaining loads of weight and having more trouble losing it this time around.

I'm hoping to gain only 11-20 pounds in the 3rd trimester, which is the currently guideline for obese women. I'm 5'2" and a little over 13 stone. I haven't gained any weight so far in the first tri, but I worry that it will start to creep up because I'm surviving morning sickness by constantly snacking.

I've been way too tired after work to exercise. I really do need to start a program back up though because I've read that a little cardio and strength training can be very good for baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->