any plus size mummies to be?

I think your doing great! And from what I have always heard was no news is good news. :thumbup: So hopefully all is well. Although in this day and age of technology you would think they could send you a quick email or something.... I'm still hoping my body will go in reverse as I have put on 13 and I am way earlier than you! So pat yourself on the back :)

We have an online site to check on our stats. I checked, and they posted my blood results so I'm assuming they would have called if they'd been bad. :thumbup:

I kind of had a head start on myself this time around... I lost 12 lbs before getting pregnant (trying to get rid of baby #1 fat... lol). Then when I got pregnant, I lost an additional 18 lbs (a continuation of clean eating, and then morning sickness...lol) I was really hoping to get further down before it reversed but I can't complain I guess! Better than just gaining from day 1! :winkwink: I put on 52 lbs with my son, so I'm terrified of blimping out again.

I lost 22 of those pretty quickly but over the year after he was born, I put them back on, plus a few extra. :blush: So I guess I'm just really sensitive about how much I'm gaining right now. And I'm nervous about what my OB is going to say EVERY time I go in for an appointment. So far, the only thing she has said (besides the initial 15 lb goal) was to express surprise at the weight loss in the beginning.

Hoping my next appointment goes without too much comment on it as well... here's also hoping I can maintain where I am until then! 10 days, achievable? I sure hope so, because I'll still have gained over 5 lbs since my last appt.

I understand the worry hun :) I am scared too as I have never been this heavy in my life. But if I am calculating this correctly you are still 25lbs less even w/ that 5lb gain so I say your awesome! :hug: I'm sure when I go in on the 7th they are going to be like you gained your whole goal weight in 4 months! :blush: I'm eating healthy though not pigging out on chocolate lol today I have had 2 apricots and am thinking of a salad for lunch but then will have 'bad' dinner of chicken tikka and rice lol

The only person to comment on my weight was the health department when I went in for my first check up since womans care makes you wait until 12 weeks.

And I dont think she was trying to be negative, her first comment was out of surprise becausr even though I am so short I never looked as heavy as I was. The other part was her just warning me that the doctors would probably want me to not gain much over the time of my pregnancy.

Happily for me none of them seemed.concerned, womans care rotates you through every dr, and said what I have gained was normal.

I cant say I am on a super healthy eating kick. As a manager of a fast food store I usually get food from there as I work but I also tend to want a lot of sweets lol.

I think the only thing that saves me is ny inheriant love of fruits and veggies and the fact I constantly am drinking water or some type of fluid.

Im with you all on the fear of gaining too much. I started at 20 stone 4lb.. and as of 2 days ago i was 20 stone 9lb. Im really trying to loose/maintain so im being as good as possible. im so so scared of creeping to that 21 stone mark!

This is me and hubby at our best friends' wedding on Sunday, I was bridesmaid! I was so concerned at the fact I was gonna be 32 weeks but alls well and baby didn't make an early appearance like everything fort they would! Such a good day as everyone commented on my bump and no one even queried I wasn't pregnant. Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 36
Hiiii...such an awesome thread..my first post in 2nd trimester forum :)

I m size 16, but short.. 5 ft 2..
I hve that dreaded B shaped belly.. :|
don't know when will I start showing... :-(

just a thought. how much weight did u guys gain/lose in first trimester?

laura you looked beautiful!

demotivated - i started off at 20 stone 4lb.. and ended 1st tri at 20 stone 8lb. I've been yoyoing though.. gaining then loosing.. its not just a constant thing.

this is my weight tracking

:bfp: 20 stone 4lb
20th may (5 weeks) - 20 stone 7lb
08th June 7 weeks 5 days - 20 stone 12lb
12th June 8 weeks 6 days - 20 stone 6lbs
16th June 9 weeks 3 days - 20 stone 5lb
3rd July 11 weeks 6 days - 20 stone 7lb
6th July 12 weeks 2 days - 20 stone 8lb
14th July - 13 weeks 4 days - 20 stone 7 1/2 lb
19th July - 14 weeks 2 days - 20 stone 6lb

Pre-pregnancy weight: 240 lbs
Height: 5'10"

Weeks 1-8 : 240 lbs
Week 9: 237.4 (-2.6)
Week 10: 235 (-2.4)
Week 11: 232 (-3)
Week 12: 230 (-2)
Week 13: 226 (-4)
Week 14: 226 (0)
Week 15: 224.5 (-1.5)
Week 16: 222 (-2.5)
Week 17: 222.4 (+.4)
Week 18: 222.8 (+.4)
Week 19: 223.8 (+1)
Week 20: 223 (-.8)
Week 21: 224.6 (+1.6)
Week 22: 226.8 (+ 2.2)
Week 23: 227.6 (+.8)
Week 24: 227.2 (-.6)
Week 25: 230 (+2.8)
Week 26: 231.8 (+1.8)
Week 28: 231.4 (-.4)

Total: - 8.6 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight

Well, I'm a bit relieve that my weight quit climbing so quickly! In the last week, I actually made it up to 233! I think some of it was water weight (and still have a little swelling) and maybe a little due to constipation. I started eating high fiber cereal in the morning, and that has helped a lot. Now if only I can maintain this weight until my next appointment in 10 days...

I calculate that I need to gain 23 lbs or less to stay under the 15 lb gain limit I was given at my first appointment.

I lost 18 lbs during 1st Tri. I had started dieting/exercising 3 weeks before I got pregnant, so I just switched from the big calorie deficit diet to eating clean and only eating when I was hungry.
The morning sickness kicked in, and I lost even more. I finally quit losing around week 17 or 18 and then started gaining from there.

I keep losing and gaining. But right now at 14w3d I am about 3lbs lighter than when I first got pregnant. I'm hoping to keep it about that. With my DS I gained a whole 45lbs and never lost it. I do not want to do that again, so I am just watching what I eat and doing some pregnancy yoga :)

I lost 8lbs in first tri. I was 222 prepregnancy. Lost the 8lbs, and now at 25 weeks, I'm 220. So still down 2lbs atm.

Laura you look beautiful :) x

My weight is fluctuating a lot this first tri. I consistently lost with dd with this baby I have only lost between 8 &11 lbs depending on which day I weigh myself. I am pretty much the same weight as you Seth's Mummy so am also worried about hitting the dreaded 21 :( Got 11.5lbs leeway so fingers crossed but I guess having ice cream for dinner won't be helping that. It was literally all I could force down last night.

Laura you look beautiful :) x

My weight is fluctuating a lot this first tri. I consistently lost with dd with this baby I have only lost between 8 &11 lbs depending on which day I weigh myself. I am pretty much the same weight as you Seth's Mummy so am also worried about hitting the dreaded 21 :( Got 11.5lbs leeway so fingers crossed but I guess having ice cream for dinner won't be helping that. It was literally all I could force down last night.

hahaha i had some chocolate ice cream too last night ;) Although i managed to just eat a little then put it away.. not the whole tub like id usualy (its on of those little round tubs). Im going to weight myself this morning to see what my 15 week weight us... im guessing i've gained a few lb xx

Can I join you lovely ladies? I'm fluffy. :wave:

I've lost ten pounds since June from stress. There's less stress now so I'm just trying to enjoy this pregnancy.

I'm actually finding it hard to eat often enough right now. My nutritionist says I need to eat three meals and two or three snacks every day. Today I only had two meals and no snacks. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

I don't show AT ALL. The upper part of my stomach is actually much bigger than the lower part. I guess I could call it a "P" belly. And if my boobs get any bigger, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. At my last ultrasound I couldn't even see the big monitor on the wall...only boobs.:haha:

Nice to see you sethsmummy. :flower:

Can I join you lovely ladies? I'm fluffy. :wave:

I've lost ten pounds since June from stress. There's less stress now so I'm just trying to enjoy this pregnancy.

I'm actually finding it hard to eat often enough right now. My nutritionist says I need to eat three meals and two or three snacks every day. Today I only had two meals and no snacks. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

I don't show AT ALL. The upper part of my stomach is actually much bigger than the lower part. I guess I could call it a "P" belly. And if my boobs get any bigger, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. At my last ultrasound I couldn't even see the big monitor on the wall...only boobs.:haha:

Nice to see you sethsmummy. :flower:

hey hun :hi:

im glad your not as stressed now hun! eekk they really want you to eat that much? even i couldnt manage that I dont think.. i feel sick half way through one meal never mind 3 and snacks lol

hahaha im with you on the boob front. its like soffocation by boobs when i lay down :haha: xx

oo and todays weight is 20 stone 8lb!!! I need to shift a couple pounds :S

I lost about 5 pounds in the first trimester. At my first appt with OB, she said its time to stop losing and to gain about half a pound a week. I thought it would be hard as I could barely eat in FT, but since I started eating ice cream everyday, I have gained about 3pounds since my appt. Needless to say, I have stopped eating ice cream daily.

Ladies don't worry! I started this pregnancy at 275. I'm 5'2". I'm currently at 281. My biggest fear (other than miscarrying again) was not looking pregnant. Well that's a lie! I think I started showing around 19 weeks. At least, I thought I looked pregnant around then. I'm now 36 weeks and have a beautiful bump. And B bumps are beautiful too! Don't let anyone tell you different!

Attachments

• 10450078_10153038448919698_4353323019723697608_o.jpg
    10450078_10153038448919698_4353323019723697608_o.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 10495284_10204284386455265_181804518693950935_o.jpg
    10495284_10204284386455265_181804518693950935_o.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 10552598_10153037700514698_8254230633541148598_n.jpg
    10552598_10153037700514698_8254230633541148598_n.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 24
eekk they really want you to eat that much? even i couldnt manage that I dont think.. i feel sick half way through one meal never mind 3 and snacks lol

I get that sick feeling even before I start eating. The nutritionist said a snack can be just a couple of bites of an apple and a nibble of cheese.

Do you have or have you had morning sickness?

I think you're doing great! From your weight chart, it looks like you've only gained a tiny bit - and that's probably just water weight anyway.

Ladies don't worry! I started this pregnancy at 275. I'm 5'2". I'm currently at 281. My biggest fear (other than miscarrying again) was not looking pregnant. Well that's a lie! I think I started showing around 19 weeks. At least, I thought I looked pregnant around then. I'm now 36 weeks and have a beautiful bump. And B bumps are beautiful too! Don't let anyone tell you different!

Ah! Look at that bump!

And you look so happy too :)

Not gonna lie I was afraid I wouldnt look pregnant at first and not ao worried about it now. Just worried if ill be able to fit in some of my shirts later. >.<

eekk they really want you to eat that much? even i couldnt manage that I dont think.. i feel sick half way through one meal never mind 3 and snacks lol

I get that sick feeling even before I start eating. The nutritionist said a snack can be just a couple of bites of an apple and a nibble of cheese.

Do you have or have you had morning sickness?

I think you're doing great! From your weight chart, it looks like you've only gained a tiny bit - and that's probably just water weight anyway.

Ahh well that's not so bad :) I have one meal a day sometimes two (breakfast and tea or only tea) and a couple snacks. Thanks hun I.just hope it's accurate... I've done my weight on the Wii since the start so I'm always using the same scale. I did have Ms... it seems to have died down the last two days though so touch wood that's it gone!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->