any plus size mummies to be?

Hi ladies, hope you all are well. We were finally able to go home yesterday. They let baby room in with us on Christmas and he was able to keep his temp up for the whole night so he's doing much better. He's still so tiny, so we have to keep him extra warm and take his temp 2 times a day. Hoping he will be at least closer to 6 pounds by next weekend.

Glad you are home, I hope he gains weight fast and keeps doing well!

Thanks Mrs Chicago, I'm doing pretty well actually. The most pain I have going for me is breast feeding.

Glad your home pink

We're home too.. let home yesterday :) were doing great although he's still jaundice. He gets tested whenever the midwife comes out his.numbers today we're ok so just to keep him.in the sun as much as possible. :)

Glad you all are doing well!! I don't think I knew that so many of you were so close in dates!

Yep, I'm guessing you are right.

Sigh...I got on the scale today..big mistake. The holidays really did me in. I put on 6lbs in the last 3 weeks. I have a MW appt in a week, so I'm going to try to be really good and hope I can drop 2lbs or so before then. They've never said anything to me yet but that would make a total of 16lbs so far, and I still have 16 weeks to go!

Holidays are dangerous like that. I haven't been on the scale since my last appointment, but I've definitely gained more than 16lbs total. I only just finally got in a little trouble at the last appointment for gaining too fast, even though I've been over the goal weight I was given at my first appointment for ages. Good luck keeping it under control.

Congratulations Crimson

Rohan Thomas made his arrival on 23rd December at 11:51 via c-section. He spent his first 24 hours in the nicu and has been going back and forward since for anti biotics. We're still in hospital but hoping against hope we get home tomorrow. I miss my boys and it was heart breaking to miss Seths first proper Christmas :(

Congratulations!!! I love his name, that one was in my list of favorites! Glad you are both doing well :)

Thanks Mrs Chicago, I'm doing pretty well actually. The most pain I have going for me is breast feeding.

Congratulations to you too Swtpinkbabi ! Yes, looks like there are only a few of us who are still pregnant! lol
Including me!
I am ready to burst but bubs is too comfy so induction still looks to begin on new years eve. I will have our bubba home safely by next weekend all going well :happydance: FINALLY haha

Oh gosh, what a slacker baby! I hope the induction goes smoothly. I guess she just really wanted to be born in 2015.

Oh gosh, what a slacker baby! I hope the induction goes smoothly. I guess she just really wanted to be born in 2015.

Tell me about it! lol !!
Yesterday I went in to be monitored just to make sure bubs is still happy and in a safe environment now i am over due. For the first 20mins strapped to the machines bubs was just asleep. The midwife said monitoring would only take about half an hour but I warned her when I got there bubs was asleep she said "we will see", when she came to check on me I said "told ya so" :haha:
Needless to say I was there an hour finally he/she woke up and decided to party to all was good.
I have had to send out a generic message to family and friends as the phone and facebook has blown up with "any news yet" type questions and I was tired of writing back to every single one. especially when I feel like yelling "If there was news you'd know by now!" argh! haha

Ha! Sounds annoying. Clearly if you wanted to announce anything you would have announced it by now! If I go over, I guess I'll have to start every day with a "He's still in there" Facebook post.

Glad your home pink

We're home too.. let home yesterday :) were doing great although he's still jaundice. He gets tested whenever the midwife comes out his.numbers today we're ok so just to keep him.in the sun as much as possible. :)

Glad you're both home.

Bet you're glad to be home sethsmummy :)

Yay, that's good news for everyone! Hope everything continues to go well!

I am staying at the same weight now... haven't lost anymore. :/ But, I also seem to not have bowel movements very frequently...so I could be a bit heavier from that. ;) On Wednesday, only 10 more weeks for me!

The baby movements are quite amazing to me... its like the strangest, freakiest and coolest thing all at the same time. It still makes me giggle every time he pokes my hand or I feel a brush of his body. When I was laying in bed last night, I had my hand on the side of my tummy and could feel my stomach move outward ...wasn't a kick but more like someone stretching inside me.

Yesterday morning was weird though, I woke up and my heart was just pounding in my chest (not being fast apparently) but just thumping really hard and it felt like I had a ton of bricks on top of my tummy... not near my lungs but on my bump. Didn't feel well at all... I drank a bunch of water and took my blood pressure which was fine and my heart rate was only 81. I laid down in our reclining sofas for a little while and soon after I felt much better. Not quite sure what it was but definitely freaked me out.

Aren't the movements great? Supposedly they'll get painful after awhile, but I'm really enjoying them for now. T does a lot more rolling around than kicking. He usually stops if you try to feel it, but DH finally felt it last night because he finally had a minute to sit and wait with his hand in position during a Baby Dance Party.

Were you sleeping in a bad position? I haven't had that exact situation, but I know I feel pretty crappy if I lie on my back too long.

I haven't weighed in since my last appointment, but I spent the last few days not feeling so well (I don't think the pro-biotics the midwife recommended did me any favors), and to put it nicely, I was putting out a lot more than I was putting in... I wonder if it'll do me any good on the scale next week.

Amethyst I have had that feeling but not the pressure on my bump but the pounding heart that freaks me out. Usually it's after I've laid on my back, but sometimes it happens for no reason and I dislike it! Midwife said its just the extra fluid and hormones but I still don't like it!

MrsK, congrats in DH feelimg baby! Mine felt our little guy last night for the first time too. He had to kind of push down but eventually his hand for moved by my belly, kinda freaked him out but he loved it. I think mine has a dance party as well at night. Not so much tonight but I spent a lot of it after work talking on the phone to my MIL about the shower and coming with me this weekend to do our registry. That's fun to talk about and I was pacing so I'm sure I put him to sleep!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who paces on the phone! I don't know how people focus on conversations while sitting still ;)

DH took a 30+4 shot of me today. I actually feel a little on the smaller side today, I think he may be tucked in.

Attachments

• 30 plus 4.jpg
    30 plus 4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
Awe your bump is so round and cute!

I still have that apron on the bottom, doubt it'll ever go away. But oh well. I'm happy with it even in it's technically imperfect state :D Especially since you can't really tell it's not totally beach bally in clothes.

No fair! I still have a B belly... :( I look ridiculous cause my upper stomach is gigantic now. But very nice. ;)

I wasn't laying on my back but I think I may have slept too much on my stomach. Perhaps that did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->