any plus size mummies to be?

Yea, they told me my baby was 1.5 weeks ahead at my 27 week scan. I don't know if I believe them or not. I have read so many stories about women getting induced early because of how big the baby was supposed to be but it was really under weight.

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I was induced this afternoon and ended up in c-section because baby's heart rate was dropping. At my ultrasound this morning he was predicted 5pounds 15 oz and his birth weight was 4pounds 15oz.

Congratulations! Hope you have a smooth recovery.

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I was induced this afternoon and ended up in c-section because baby's heart rate was dropping. At my ultrasound this morning he was predicted 5pounds 15 oz and his birth weight was 4pounds 15oz.

Hope you both are doing week and congratulations!

Wow, that's amazing Seth's mum had time to write to us after her water broke! :D Hooray for babies! Yay, hope everything goes well.

Good luck Sethsmummy!
I am jealous!
Just got back from my Dr appointment where she was going to do a stretch and sweep (hooray) but found my cervix to be far back and 'unfavorable'. So no stretch and sweep could be performed.
I am bummed not just because of that but also they booked my induction to start for the 31st December. Then she proceeded to tell me I have to share a labor suite with another lady so my DH cannot stay the night with me. Happy New F%$%^ Year to me
I am just hoping that I will go into labor myself before then but a little voice in the back of my head tells me it's not going to happen.

Aww, that sucks :( Hopefully you can get through Christmas (even if you don't celebrate it, I bet the hospital is short staffed), and then go into spontaneous labor.

Just a quick drop in on you ladies, hope is all well.

I have some news, even though I was a day over term, I had my baby yesterday :happydance:

I had been having contractions all day Sunday and all day yesterday. Midwife said they were B.H.
Ended up going to hospital and to find out I was 3/4cm. Two hours passed, with only gas and air, I was 9 cm and felt like I was going to wee myself with each contraction :blush:
Only for my body to want to push, my waters hadn't gone yet.
As soon as the midwife broke my waters, I wanted to push. Let's say, about 10 minutes later, with a small tear, she was born :D

Everything is perfectly fine and we've just come home.

Hope everything is running smoothly for you all :)

Wow congratulations Crimson, wonderful news! Glad you are both doing so well, and what an incredible birth story- so fast! Well done :)

Congratulations Crimson :thumbup:

Omg Sethsmummy, missed your update. So exciting! Hope you are ok xx

I haven't updated in forever so apologies for that ladies. Baby is doing well. Had my second GTT at 29 weeks and no GD. I still haven't gained any weight and am 12.5lbs lighter than pre-pregnancy. Had our growth scan last week and estimate was that he is 4lbs 8oz so doubt he will be more than about 7.5lbs by the time he arrives. I have my section booked for Jan 28th when I will be 39+3 so have decided if he decides he wants to come a bit earlier than that I will give VBAC a shot but have written a birth plan so that I don't get left too long this time.

Glad to read you are all doing well on the whole. Hope you are all set for a Merry Christmas xx

Congrats Crimson so glad you are both well! And thank you for updating us! Enjoy your baby!

Congratulations Crimson

Rohan Thomas made his arrival on 23rd December at 11:51 via c-section. He spent his first 24 hours in the nicu and has been going back and forward since for anti biotics. We're still in hospital but hoping against hope we get home tomorrow. I miss my boys and it was heart breaking to miss Seths first proper Christmas :(

Congrats sethsmummy, I hope you are both doing better and get home soon!! So happy for you! I'm sure your boys miss you as well.

Hi ladies, hope you all are well. We were finally able to go home yesterday. They let baby room in with us on Christmas and he was able to keep his temp up for the whole night so he's doing much better. He's still so tiny, so we have to keep him extra warm and take his temp 2 times a day. Hoping he will be at least closer to 6 pounds by next weekend.

I'm glad you're finally home! How are you feeling? Hopefully recovery isn't too bad for any of the new mamas here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->