any plus size mummies to be?

Wow Crimson only two weeks! And 25lbs isn't bad for being near end!

In afraid to step on the scale truthfully. I have an appt Monday so I have no choice lol. Even my stretchy pants are too small or getting snug now but like you all I still have no bump. I make terrible food choices most days and I have to stop it. I get the nutrition I need but then eat badly on top of it. And the holidays being here make it so much worse. I was told to stop my metformin and that's when I started gaining. I always gain when I'm not on it but I never lose just from it alone. On the bright side I lost it before I can do it again!

I know, I can't believe it's now a week :O
Oh, so scary to think I might have a baby by this time next week.

Sorry for the late update but I've had an awful week.
My DS had been in hospital last weekend and had a lot of running around on Monday to do with him.

I've been feeling rough with a cold, ear infection and eye infection :growlmad:

But here's an update:

She's still 3/5 but now is the time she's moving down a bit more *fingers crossed*. Another thing that's a good sign is her heartbeat is hard to find with the Doppler which means she's getting ready for her DD. I also lost more weight since I've been discharged back to my midwife.

Fingers crossed she's here by next week, otherwise, it's a midwife appointment on the 22nd and arrange to have a sweep. Nah nah, I had a bad experience last time with that and I don't want that again.

Hope you're all well and I'll be sure to keep you all updated :D

Hope everyone is well!
I am sitting on my gym ball bouncing around a bit and been flying around the house doing housework in hope that it kick starts labor! I am due in 3 days, reeeealllyyy don't want to go more than a day or two over that!
Trying to stay stress free as I know that being stressed can make you go into labor even later, so keep your fingers crossed for me! Hopefully not to much longer now :)

It's so great that so many of you are close to meeting your babies! I hope all goes well and neither of you go over much.

Crimson, I hope you and your DS are feeling better soon!

I can't believe how close some of these babies are! How exciting!

I'm sure you could transition to the family doctor if you wanted. I bet a lot of parents have someone at the hospital do the first visit and then transition. I found a practice online that looks really promising today. I'm going to call Monday and see if we can get in to meet them. I hope they're as good in real life as they are on paper!

Our class doesn't follow a specific method, but we looked at Bradley and Informed Beginnings, which I guess is the ******* lovechild of Bradley ;) Hypnobirthing is supposed to be great, but it's a bit too spiritual hippie dippy for me. I do have the Hypnobirthing book so I can take what I need from it. I'm hoping for a natural birth, but I wanted to make sure we were well informed on all aspects of birth, so the one we chose seemed like a good balance: https://ohanaparents.com/classes-and-groups/childbirth-parent-prep/

So, what exactly are these classes for? Is it really worth doing? I'm definitely getting drugs - so is there any need for special classes? What do they teach that the internet can't provide? :D

Crimson, I hope you and your DS are feeling better soon!

I can't believe how close some of these babies are! How exciting!

He seems to be doing a lot better but he's on inhalers now :/
Seems to be helping him a lot though.

I know, it's really exciting yet nerving at the same time.
Getting a few pains now and then and when I stand up, it takes forever to walk somewhere.

So hopefully, not long now :happydance:

I'm sure you could transition to the family doctor if you wanted. I bet a lot of parents have someone at the hospital do the first visit and then transition. I found a practice online that looks really promising today. I'm going to call Monday and see if we can get in to meet them. I hope they're as good in real life as they are on paper!

Our class doesn't follow a specific method, but we looked at Bradley and Informed Beginnings, which I guess is the ******* lovechild of Bradley ;) Hypnobirthing is supposed to be great, but it's a bit too spiritual hippie dippy for me. I do have the Hypnobirthing book so I can take what I need from it. I'm hoping for a natural birth, but I wanted to make sure we were well informed on all aspects of birth, so the one we chose seemed like a good balance: https://ohanaparents.com/classes-and-groups/childbirth-parent-prep/

So, what exactly are these classes for? Is it really worth doing? I'm definitely getting drugs - so is there any need for special classes? What do they teach that the internet can't provide? :D

I'll let you know sometime in March ;) Half the moms I've talked to say they're a waste of time, half the moms say they're wonderful. I'm required to take one to use the special fancy midwife rooms at my hospital because the rooms are designed to facilitate natural birth, and they want to make sure you're prepared. I think if you're intending to get the drugs, you'd probably do ok just researching everything online, and making taking one of the shortie one day classes. You never know when there will be some issue and it's too late to get an epidural, or it doesn't work, though, and I think it would be good to have some coping techniques. It seems like it depends on personality and class quality. I think it'll help DH to learn the best ways he can support me during labor, though, and they do cover a little bit of baby care and breastfeeding stuff.

I got in a little trouble with the midwife yesterday for my weight gain this last month. Oops. She was nice about it, but she did suggest that I be careful with all the holiday stuff. This sweet tooth just won't quit. She asked if I'd made any big diet changes, and all I could think of was all the holiday stuff, but after we left it occurred to me that I'm back to eating more meat now that the aversion has eased up, so that might be a factor. I'm not eating tons of meat, but I was close to vegetarian for awhile there. So that might be a factor too.

Had my 31 week midwife appointment today ...she measured me at being 36 weeks!!!!!

I have a growth scan on Monday and I know in my head that neither are massively reliable but I am getting kinda scared!!

Good luck on Monday MrsLemon, I know they aren't totally accurate but still, that's 5 weeks ahead!

Hello girls.. posting here after a long time.. I am a plus size mom-to-be..but have a totally different situation at hand.. i always thought my biggest concern would be GD..but apparently, it is IUGR.. My baby is measuring small..sometimes..i think in my quest to eat healthy and not go overboard with my weight, i compromised on my baby's growth :( :(
May be i didnot eat enough..may b i didnt take enough fats.. i am just so heartbroken and guilty right now... just hope he catches up...

I'm sorry you're struggling, hon :( I've read that there's really nothing we can do about IUGR. It just happens sometimes. Unless you're really and truly starving yourself, your body is just going to give the baby what it needs and you get whatever's left. Think of all the women with severe morning sickness who can barely eat and still have healthy babies. It's not your fault.

MrsK sometimes its just darn hard to say no! especially when you see everyone else eating whatever they want when they want!

Mrs Lemon i wouldnt worry too much hun. fundal height is notoriously wrong with plus size women. in face its that bad they dont do mine now i have growth scans. But at least you get to see baby again :happydance:

Demotivated huni its nothing that you have done at all!! IUGR is not caused by how your eating (unless you were literally starving yourself). Its a problem that you cannot control no matter what you do.. its all about blood flow. If it helps i ate like a pig with ds1 and he still had IUGR.

Sorry i keep forgetting to come in here :dohh: Im more in my journal than anything. I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and was at the hospital on tuesday for the diabetic clinic and then back again for Reduced movements... was also in 5 days before that with a bleed and reduced movements. i have a very naughty baby in there. My insulin has been upped again. BP and urine were clear yesterday (hospital sent a sample off on Tuesday as they worried about protein) which is good and they did my strep B swab. I also asked to be weighed.... my midwife was super pleased with me! i started at 129kg ... yesterday i was 132kg! :wohoo: So pleased with myself lol. She is thinking ill have roughly a 2 stone loss around 2 weeks after baby is here. 18 days and counting till my section :happydance: :happydance:

MrsK sometimes its just darn hard to say no! especially when you see everyone else eating whatever they want when they want!

Mrs Lemon i wouldnt worry too much hun. fundal height is notoriously wrong with plus size women. in face its that bad they dont do mine now i have growth scans. But at least you get to see baby again :happydance:

Demotivated huni its nothing that you have done at all!! IUGR is not caused by how your eating (unless you were literally starving yourself). Its a problem that you cannot control no matter what you do.. its all about blood flow. If it helps i ate like a pig with ds1 and he still had IUGR.

Sorry i keep forgetting to come in here :dohh: Im more in my journal than anything. I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and was at the hospital on tuesday for the diabetic clinic and then back again for Reduced movements... was also in 5 days before that with a bleed and reduced movements. i have a very naughty baby in there. My insulin has been upped again. BP and urine were clear yesterday (hospital sent a sample off on Tuesday as they worried about protein) which is good and they did my strep B swab. I also asked to be weighed.... my midwife was super pleased with me! i started at 129kg ... yesterday i was 132kg! :wohoo: So pleased with myself lol. She is thinking ill have roughly a 2 stone loss around 2 weeks after baby is here. 18 days and counting till my section :happydance: :happydance:
Thanks sethsmummy..i read your reply on the other thread also..i have just dedicated this week to myself..eating like a pig and loading up on fats/protein...in the hope that may b nourishment was lacking... it can't harm anyway..will get to know details on the growth rate on friday... hoping that there is atleast some growth and NST/BPP are cleared. :(

Had my growth scan this morning.. it has`nt put my mind at ease.. according to the scan my baby boy currently weighs 5.9lbs and is predicted to weigh just under 11lbs at birth if his growth continues at the same rate another growth scan booked in 4 weeks and if situation is still the same inductions will be discussed...

Desperately hoping Its a case of growth scan inaccuracy.. its my first and the thought of an 11lb baby is petrifying me...

I don't know how they worked that out Hun. At 32 weeks Rohan was 5lb 5oz and they estimated 9lb max for me. Xx

Ouch! I hear more stories of inaccurate scans than accurate scans, though... I don't think I've ever seen someone say "They predicted a 10lb baby and he was 10lbs!"

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I was induced this afternoon and ended up in c-section because baby's heart rate was dropping. At my ultrasound this morning he was predicted 5pounds 15 oz and his birth weight was 4pounds 15oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->