any plus size mummies to be?

I'm finally getting out of the habit of rolling onto my stomach, but it definitely felt weird and uncomfortable the last few weeks I did it. The wrong position can really do a number on a pregnant lady!

You can say that again! I've never been a yummy sleeper or a back sleeper but my hip pain has turned me into both and I keep waking up on my back.

Have you tried a pregnancy pillow? DH got me a Snoogle for Christmas and it's made such a difference. It's almost impossible to roll onto back or stomach, and it's very cozy, and my hips feel so much better when I wake up now. I was never comfortable doing the pillow between the knees thing before.

I don't have one but am thinking I'm going to get one.

Yea I don't have one either, I'll need to look it up and see where I can get one. I find that I have been using the covers to put between my legs to give support when I'm sleeping. I also mostly sleep on my right side... its way more comfortable than the left. However, its getting to the point now where I can sleep 1-2 hours on one side then I have to roll over, which makes me have to pee...so I get up and pee and then lay down on the opposite side and repeat that for 8 hours. :) I'm so tired all the time.

I have another ultrasound appointment next Thursday and can't wait to see the little buggar and see how far ahead I am now.... gulp.

I have just stopped caring abt weight gain :p
Focus is now on gaining weight, so that baby gains weight.. (May b illogical.. But wht the heck)

Had NST today..all okay..next check on 7th.. Completing 37wks on 9th..so fingers crossed..

Congrats to all the new mothers. Switpinkbabi, crimson n sethsmummy :*

Demotivated, hope your next NST goes well. My baby didn't pass the last one I had and they induced me at 36 weeks because of low fluid.

Demotivated, hope your next NST goes well. My baby didn't pass the last one I had and they induced me at 36 weeks because of low fluid.
Yeah..I am in almost the same boat.. Fluid is on lower side.. But 36 weeks induction is as good as full term :)

a lovely start of the year trip to the hospital..I had`nt felt baby move since yesterday about 5.. and woke up this morning with period pains and back ache..

tried all the things that normally make him move and it did`nt work...hospital told me to come in where I was hooked up to machines.. heart beat was perfect and after 15 mins with those belts on he started to kick hard... had me so so worried midwives assured me I did the right thing I was so so worried .. must be having a mischievous little monkey!!!

tape-measured me at 42 weeks... (not that i will ever believe it..) and my cervix is still very closed :)

Mrs Lemon, glad everything was well with baby. It's so scary when they aren't moving.

Demotivated, I was having weekly ultrasound and everything had been fine. But just the week before I had caught the flu and maybe became dehydrated because of it, I'm not really sure. Doctors wanted him out because they said low fluid increases the risk of stillbirth. Baby was definitely doing good for 36 weeks. His only problem was keeping his body temp up because of low birth weight. I'm just blessed he was 100% healthy for being born that early.

I'm so glad everything is ok MrsLemon. I think my guy has shifted to mostly kicking the placenta, which I can barely feel. I'm not pleased with his decision, it makes me paranoid. DH thinks I'm nuts because I'm usually an anxious person, I keep having to tell him I'm supposed to track this.

I'm so glad everything is ok MrsLemon. I think my guy has shifted to mostly kicking the placenta, which I can barely feel. I'm not pleased with his decision, it makes me paranoid. DH thinks I'm nuts because I'm usually an anxious person, I keep having to tell him I'm supposed to track this.

The hospital did say once again about anterior placenta being part of the issue.. but for the past week and a half I have felt him so often and with such strong movements to feel nothing combined with the pains just felt all wrong...

glad nothing was wrong tho .. maybe I am just to much of a worrier..

Better to worry too much than not enough! I would have freaked out, especially with pains too. Too bad we can't just install a little peephole and check in on them. Just wait til they're 14 and stay out late without calling!

I`ve been thinking about the birth, with a big baby predicted I want to be able to birth naturally with as little help as possible and really dont want to be forced to lay on my back?? being a big woman will they still allow me the freedom to choose my position or like everything else.. (home birth, water birth for example) they will say I cant have??

I just want to use gravity to my advantage and hate lying on my back at any time :) thanks in advance

MrsLemon I'm glad all turned out okay! You absolutely did the right thing! I don't know from experience if they will make you lay in your back but it wouldn't make sense as it makes more sense to use gravity and let you labor naturally as much as possible. I want the same thing.

AFM I've been sick the last few days. Doctor said it is bronchitis or mild pneumonia but I went to work yesterday and another doc there said its the flu and pneumonia but I haven't had a fever. Apparently since the immune system is down when pregnant you may not get a fever when you normally would so who knows but it is kicking my butt. I can't breathe and have had to use an inhaler and I cough so hard I nearly throw up and I feel so bad for my little guy as I'm constantly shaking him around with my coughing. So far he doesn't seem phased but I'm still worried about him. DH said if my breathing wasn't better by today I was going to urgent care or the er and so far I can't say it is but I want to give it a little while.

I hope you're feeling better soon, Dini! Sounds terrible!

MrsLemon, it's just going to depend on your hospital and doctors. Some of them don't even want totally average skinny ladies changing positions. God forbid they have to kneel down to catch the baby or something.... I know my midwives and hospital encourage natural labor and position changes and laboring in the shower or tub no matter what your size, unless you have some actual complication that requires them to change the plan (like needing an epidural or constant monitoring).

I think I'll ask soon about my midwives take on natural birthing. I've hear they are great and I'm having the baby at the hospital I work at and I've been told so many great stories about it so I'm sure it will be okay for me.

I'm feeling a bit better today. Finally slept for 3 straight hours!

Ooh, sleep. I miss sleep...

Lol me too. I sure didn't get 3 hours last night. Good while it lasted I suppose.

My appt went well today, heartbeat good and strong but still not showing enough for a fundal height measurement. I'm moving up too appts every two weeks now and it doesn't seem like it's that time already! As far as weight gain, I'm up 5lbs in a month but she didn't say anything. I mentioned it and said I should watch my carbs but it wasn't so bad considering it was the holidays. That puts me at 15.4lbs up total. Kinda depresses me but it could be worse. Next appt is my GTT and tdap vaccine. Oh boy! I showed her my blood sugar I tracked randomly and they were perfect so I have that at least lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->